• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Just read all of Hawkeye vs Deadpool tonight. It was actually pretty good.

One of my favorite panels: Katie Kate gets to use a rocket launcher.

ooTTWtg.png

Oh man. I was going to do another random "Why Messi should read the Legion" and I think I've finally covered all the ladies except for Monstress and Gazelle.

This is a dark day.

ThyComicList

DC COMICS:
BATMAN AND ROBIN #38
BATMAN ETERNAL #42
BATMAN / SUPERMAN #18
JUSTICE LEAGUE #38

IMAGE:
RUMBLE #2

MARVEL:
BLACK WIDOW #14
POWERS #1

Speaking of figures. Freeza, were you the one that was talking about pre-ordering the new release of the Mignola Batman DC Direct for $50?? Is that shit still up for pre-sale cuz I definitely wanna fucking get that now.

I'm sure if you email DCBS and ask them to put that on your order they will do it! They did that for me with the Manapul Black and White statue.

Zombine

Banned
I still think Anna Maria is secretly Puck's daughter and one day she will join the X-Men and will fall in love with Beast. Then he'll get her pregnant and the child will end up being a reincarnation of Shuma Gorath who transferred its consciousness into the child, and will bring forth the next Marvel Cosmic Event.

I still think Anna Maria is secretly Puck's daughter and one day she will join the X-Men and will fall in love with Beast. Then he'll get her pregnant and the child will end up being a reincarnation of Shuma Gorath who transferred its consciousness into the child, and will bring forth the next Marvel Cosmic Event.

142859-peter-griffin-go-on-meme-Imgur-VMLg.jpeg

How long did it take you to come up with that?

tim1138

0e3.png

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Well fuck it, jump into the deep end or go home. Ordered Doom Patrol and Invisible Omnis, along with Revival deluxe 2 and the Star Wars omni #1. Might as well spend all my money at once.

Awww yes. Well done.

Is Bryan Lee O'Malley's 'Lost at Sea' any good?

It's definitely O'Malley's weakest work, but that's not to say it's not good (I mean, it's hard to beat Scott Pilgrim; I haven't read Seconds though). It's still obvious that it's an O'Malley book, so if you like Scott Pilgrim and/or Seconds, I'm sure you'll enjoy Lost at Sea, but it's also pretty clear that it's his first book. It just has that "almost, but not quite" vibe that writers just starting out and still trying to figure things out tend to give off. Overall though, it's a good story. It's definitely more serious in tone than Scott Pilgrim, but still has some of that typical O'Malley fun/silly-ness.
And yeah. Those are my unorganized, half-remembered thoughts of Lost at Sea. I wouldn't say it's worth the $20 or whatever that the hardcover goes for because it only takes like an hour to read and it isn't as good as O'Malley's other books, but if you can get it cheaper or you're a massive O'Malley fan, then it's probably worth picking up.

arkon

Started catching up on comics again. Deadly Class and Secret Avengers have received a stay of execution, enjoyed the most recent issues of both. Not sure Kot's humour works for me but I'm liking SA regardless.

Wicked and Divine is dropped. May go back to it in trade or digital sales. Just not something I'm paying full price for. Next arc being 6 issues long probably sealed it. Didn't think the first arc warranted 5 issues even.

Wicked and Divine is dropped. May go back to it in trade or digital sales. Just not something I'm paying full price for. Next arc being 6 issues long probably sealed it. Didn't think the first arc warranted 5 issues even.

Well, I can certainly see why you'd...

ONE...!!!

... TWO!!!

THREE...!!!

... DROPPED.

... feel that way.

Finished reading the first trade of Tom Strong. I liked it, will have to track down the rest of the trades.

On that note, has Alan Moore written any series without rape or an attempted rape in it? I haven't seen anything in Swamp Thing yet, but at this point, I am expecting it.

Messi

She looks okay in that picture, Spock is the one who looks funky. His proportions just look very odd.

Kinda feel this way too. I don't really want to buy ~70 issues of these two books just to see what all the hype is over.

I agree, in general Ramos's proportions are all over the place. But he draws the best Anna Maria. He doesn't seem to mess her up. There is a slight problem with Anna Maria that every person draws her differently. In some of the superior issues she looks like she is 40-50 lol.

Anna Maria also lead to one of my fav moments in all of Superior

YEafgrxl.jpg

There was something nice about seeing Doc Ock being able to care for someone and being distraught when it was being taken away from him. That small line when he was setting up the ai to help him in 2099 and making it look like her but asking the computer to change the hair a bit so it looked more like hers was really nice.

It's finishing up very soon. I would really recommend. Even if you take it slowly you could be caught up in time for Secret Wars?

Are you a Hickman fan generally?

I have only read the first volume of Manhattan projects and the first two East of West trades. Nothing else. But I liked those well enough. East of West moreso. I was lukewarm on Manhattan Projects.

Boogiepop

Hooray, Hickman Fantastic Four Omnibus 1 arrived from Amazon today safely, so I now have both in my possession. On the negative side, though, venturing into the Figure thread to figure out my order for Bishoujo Jubilee caused me to discover three Figmas I want that are releasing the coming months, as well as three more Figuarts figures on the horizon. My poor wallet!

Fintan

I agree, in general Ramos's proportions are all over the place. But he draws the best Anna Maria. He doesn't seem to mess her up. There is a slight problem with Anna Maria that every person draws her differently. In some of the superior issues she looks like she is 40-50 lol.

Anna Maria also lead to one of my fav moments in all of Superior

YEafgrxl.jpg

There was something nice about seeing Doc Ock being able to care for someone and being distraught when it was being taken away from him. That small line when he was setting up the ai to help him in 2099 and making it look like her but asking the computer to change the hair a bit so it looked more like hers was really nice.

I have only read the first volume of Manhattan projects and the first two East of West trades. Nothing else. But I liked those well enough. East of West moreso. I was lukewarm on Manhattan Projects.
Well, I recommend starting with his FF run. I've read the first omnibus and I'm really loving it. Second on the way.

But, yeah, give Avengers a go. I'm sure plenty is on MU, if you have it.

Messi

I didn't like the movie, but I really want a Spider-Man Hot Toy. But after seeing this picture, I just need to own this figure.

902189-spider-man-009.jpg

Just perfect.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
maybe I should read Superior...

also, should I read Runaways? thats one of the ones I kept hearing about over the years and nobody recomended it yet

Monday afternoon list time, nothing like a big hearty list just before lunch.

Batman And Robin #38
Batman Eternal #42
Batman Superman #18
Batwoman #38 (giant maybe here, not sure on this one)
Earth 2 World's End #16
Green Lantern New Guardians #38
Justice League #38
New 52 Futures End #38
Supergirl #38
Teen Titans #6
Trinity Of Sin #4
Wonder Woman #38

Wicked + The Divine #7

kd-z

I didn't like the movie, but I really want a Spider-Man Hot Toy. But after seeing this picture, I just need to own this figure.

902189-spider-man-009.jpg

Just perfect.

It doesn't really have much to do with the movie, right? Or did I miss a part of it.

And to me ASM2 was equal parts terrific and terrible. Such a shame :(

It doesn't really have much to do with the movie, right? Or did I miss a part of it.

And to me ASM2 was equal parts terrific and terrible. Such a shame :(

It's around the beginning of the film when spiderman has a cold and he goes to the convenience store like this for cough syrup

Top Bottom