• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
OH SHIT

theres a new Joe Mad book on MU o_O Inhuman #1

damn you all for not telling me. damn you all to hell. especially Messi

I bet its shit :(

I thought the point of buying a expensive posable action figure is to you know, put it in different poses, hence, the articulation. I have bought 2, they both broke just moving an arm or a leg. Never again. RIP Catwoman and Darkseid.

kd-z

I'd buy a Secret Avengers Complete Collection. Superior Foes too. They don't use that format enough, it's just right for me. They did announce a Secret Warriors CC, definitely getting that.
Yeah, the Complete/Ultimate Collection or OHC are just perfect. A 12-issue hardcover is comfortable to read, but the book also looks sweet on the shelf when its title is, you know, readable. Some trades are so tiny you can barely tell what comic it is!

Man, Avengers Forever is just delightful.

7rdP20K.jpg

tim1138

Best Lego set ever, it has the freaking invisible jet. There's also some random Batman mech but we didn't bother building that.

BPNSXvo.jpg

While I love almost all of Busiek's work, he does have a bad habit of not letting art tell the story.

On topic, Avengers Forever is my favorite Carlos Pacheco work.

He's better now. This was still the age of Claremont style comics.

Also, I totally agree. This was the perfect era of Pacheco. Still rocking thick lines, still getting cartoony. Such good stuff.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Inhuman #1 - 2: I liked it. I would like to know what exactly happened with Black Bolt releasing the mists and Attilan falling down to earth (did that happen in F4 or something?), but im intrigued. Human torch ver. 2.0 notwithstanding, Inhumans were always characters I was curious to know more about so this interrests me. But lets not kid ourselves, the main reason I liked it and read it was the art...oh lordy, dat art

5714a5921d2c2e4aa77848c11240d660.jpg

goddamn I love me some Joe Mad. Im just excited to see him drawing again :)

Joe mad lasted a whole 3 issues I believe and each of them was heavily delayed.

...I hate you Messi >_<

Beat Lego set ever, it has the freaking invisible jet. There's also some random Batman mech but we didn't bother building that.

BPNSXvo.jpg

That looks cool. I have been playing through Lego Batman 3 and fricken love it. It easily has to be my favorite Lego game ever. So much DC fan service. Please tell me Darkseid is a playable character at least in Free Mode.

Inhuman #1 - 2: I liked it. I would like to know what exactly happened with Black Bolt releasing the mists and Attilan falling down to earth (did that happen in F4 or something?), but im intrigued. Human torch ver. 2.0 notwithstanding, Inhumans were always characters I was curious to know more about so this interrests me. But lets not kid ourselves, the main reason I liked it and read it was the art...oh lordy, dat art
Infinity

Read it

tim1138

That looks cool. I have been playing through Lego Batman 3 and fricken love it. It easily has to be my favorite Lego game ever. So much DC fan service. Please tell me Darkseid is a playable character at least in Free Mode.

He's in one of the upcoming DLC packs.

Inhuman #1 - 2: I liked it. I would like to know what exactly happened with Black Bolt releasing the mists and Attilan falling down to earth (did that happen in F4 or something?), but im intrigued.

It happened in Infinity which is the big event set halfway through Hickman's Avengers run. Finish Fantastic Four before you read it.

Best Lego set ever, it has the freaking invisible jet. There's also some random Batman mech but we didn't bother building that.

LEGO Wonder Woman may be the angriest Wonder Woman I've ever seen.

I've been meaning to pick that up for a while. I need to get around to it.

Rhaknar

In a way, I encouraged him by buying and completing both Darksiders games, but I want it on the record that I only did that because Kipp told me to.

but that was making games, not playing games. and that company is dead so he needs to get his ass back to drawing damn it

All of the superhero minifigs have a happy and angry face, my wife picked angry Diana.

As someone who only got into Lego a few years ago I couldn't understand this.

It was all worth it for the scene in The LEGO Movie when
Good Cop/Bad Cop's Good Cop face is removed with rubbing alcohol, and they have to draw on a new one.

Anyone here read it (I guess quite a few people probably!)? What did you guys think?

---

tl;dr comix = life, <3

While I often have issues with some of Morrison's story telling techniques, as a enthusiast of the medium, he perfectly encapsulated everything that I love about the superhero comic. The comparisons to mythic tales, how they've become the modern version of the heroic tales of antiquity, really resonates with me in a deep and powerful way. I absolutely love the superhero to the very core of my being and Morrison gets it. He understands it. I thoroughly enjoyed his views on the subject and found the book a worthwhile read (listen, audiobook, I know)

While I often have issues with some of Morrison's story telling techniques, as a enthusiast of the medium, he perfectly encapsulated everything that I love about the superhero comic. The comparisons to mythic tales, how they've become the modern version of the heroic tales of antiquity, really resonates with me in a deep and powerful way. I absolutely love the superhero to the very core of my being and Morrison gets it. He understands it. I thoroughly enjoyed his views on the subject and found the book a worthwhile read (listen, audiobook, I know)

Does Morrison read the audiobook? I might have to re-sub to Audible if he does. For science.

Top Bottom