• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

tim1138

The Return of Bruce Wayne mini was worth it just for this panel.

nWRnfJn.jpg

Zombine

Banned
I'll be back to radio silence during the day again. I start my new job tomorrow! I'm going to celebrate by getting Absolute Batman & Robin/Absolute Batman Inc

Edit: And Gwen ships Wednesday? Fuck yeah!

Zombine

Banned
I'm going to put her right next to Death. They'll be besties.

I love that line in general. I still need Ivy, but I have Harley preordered.

Oh yeah, to make up for my future absence I am working on my review of the first 20 pages of Sonic x Mega Man. I don't think it will disappoint.

More or less

Dick- Acrobatics

Tim- Detective work

Cass- Martial Skills

Babs- Technology

Steph- Stealth

Supposedly Jason is the strongest and Damian is a jack of all trades like his dad but I never really bought that.

We need a TMNT-esque book with the main four Robins ASAP.

Ain't No Way Tim is a better detective than Bruce when Bruce carries the title of World's Greatest Detective.

Zombine

Banned
How the hell is IDW gonna make a Fly sequel comic? Is it gonna be about some guy mopping up that mess in the loft?

edit:

dc-comics-mother-box-prop-replica-by-dc-comics-3.gif

I think this collectible may actually make GH cry and cream his pants. Now all we need is a collectible lock of Kamandi's hair for Tim and we can wrap up this whole collectible thing for good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
And now for a blast from the past, all the Infinity talk earlier made me want to read Infinity Gauntlet #1, which I did before coming to work (I told you I like to switch it up). Has anyone read it recently? I honestly think it totally holds up unlike other 90s classics. Thanos is still is educated psychotic self, Mephisto is still a sneaky little weasel, Death constantly turning away from Thanos is still hilarious. The scene where Death's servant is like "yo dawg the mistress don't give 2 fucks about your showboating" and Thanos looks at him for 2 panels before blowing him up is still one of my favorites. Surfer is maybe a little too melodramatic but hey, half the universe just died. Speaking of, Hawkeye is one of the ones to just disappear, he's not even involved lol. Poor Hawkguy :(

So yeah, actually excited to re-read the rest now

So whats the story with IST? How are they cheaper than Amazon? Are they selling preowned books or something?

Also, how long does shipping take and do the books come in good condition? I need to order some books and am debating between trying them out or just using amazon since I have 2 day prime.

So whats the story with IST? How are they cheaper than Amazon? Are they selling preowned books or something?

Also, how long does shipping take and do the books come in good condition? I need to order some books and am debating between trying them out or just using amazon since I have 2 day prime.

You'll never order from Amazon again. It can take around a week to get your stuff depending on where in the country you are, but they package your books like a newborn babe.

Zombine

Banned

When you buy from IST you are getting as close to Warehouse pricing as you possibly can. From all of our personal experiences, books are a labor of love for IST, and they ship books as securely as humanly possible. Your books will come with the original vaccum wrap on them, plus two polystyrene bricks contoured to the books shape. It's brilliant, and it's worth the 5 day wait. Amazon ships their books and DVDs and shit like garbage. I ordered a movie from there the other day and the box came smashed. No love for the product, and even if UPS kills your box, the product will arrive unblemished.

Messi

You'll never order from Amazon again. It can take around a week to get your stuff depending on where in the country you are, but they package your books like a newborn babe.

Mine shipped all the way to Ireland and not one of those airbags burst. Not one dent or damage to any of my 15 books. All hardcovers were sealed in plastic. I'll never use Amazon again. Fuck risking damages they don't care. It's not a risk. I've never got am undamaged book from Amazon. They sent me the deluxe Saga with 3 corners dented in. So it went back.

Vibranium

Banned
Help me resist buying the Falcon Hot Toy. Please.

I read Falcon Cap as Anthony Mackie. It's pretty awesome.

I am thinking of picking up Captain Falcon since a lot of people are saying it's great. I was going to wait for the trade though because I almost lost interest at the end of Remender's Steve run. I am a big Sam fan, wish we got to see him and Bucky hang out again.

Hopefully when Steve comes back as Cap (Probably at the end of the year or next year) we don't have to deal with him being depowered or dead for a long time.

fauxtrot

Banned
So what's the official word on the book for ComicsGAF Book Club #2? Last I heard it was Stray Bullets, but that was a while ago... I know Strangers in Paradise is wrapping in a little over a week, so I want to be sure I'm prepared.

I fell behind on SiP, but I'm gonna try hard to stay on track for this next one. :(

So what's the official word on the book for ComicsGAF Book Club #2? Last I heard it was Stray Bullets, but that was a while ago... I know Strangers in Paradise is wrapping in a little over a week, so I want to be sure I'm prepared.

I fell behind on SiP, but I'm gonna try hard to stay on track for this next one. :(

Stray Bullets so far as I know. It was #3 that was a ?

I think it was between X-Statix and Nausicaa.

Top Bottom