• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Owzers

That's what I thought, because I was sure the release date was in February back when I ordered it - but I checked my TFAW account, and it says "Item arrives 1/7."

"Item disappoints you when you find out it arrives 2/25" I hope it's next week now, dcbs pre-order in since it was first listed, seems so long ago...

Anyone else still reading Justice League Dark? I just read last weeks issue (#37) and 3 months now of this series basically just spinning its wheels and going no where. WTF is happening with the quality of this book. It held out for a couple years as being one of the comics to read from the N52, now I'm thinking about dropping it. Art has dropped, writing has dropped, and the story is going no where for 3 months. So disappointing.

PsychBat!

Banned
No Coipel for ASM #12. Dude needed a break imo. At least Camuncoli (awesome) is drawing it, we're more than lucky that it's not Ramos.

Drayco21

No Coipel for ASM #12. Dude needed a break imo. At least Camuncoli (awesome) is drawing it, we're more than lucky that it's not Ramos.

Reading those first few words scared me for a second there- Camuncoli is fantastic, so I don't mind this. It's going to be really shitty when Ramos goes back to the book full time though. Saw the solicitation for the end of Spider-Verse talking about the Slott supporting cast and the Parker Industry shit, and it's making me seriously consider dropping the book once Spider-Verse is done with.

Jesus Riot at Xavier's was so fucking good, that might be one of my favorite X-Men arcs ever. And lol at Jean catching Scott and Emma at the end

"Let me guess, you can explain"

It was also by far Quietly's best work on new x-men yet, it's just the faces man, they still look weird, the rest of his art is great

IZVzHtY.png

Best ever.

Actually, this is no lie my all time favorite page of comics ever:

Just look at Beak's body language over the course of the page. The dialogue, the coloring.

It's possibly the only 100% perfect stand alone masterpiece in the history of the artform.

Messi

I really hope I can jump into Uncanny Avengers #1 and understand what is going on. I love the look of the art in the preview.

Will Rogue be in this?

I really hope I can jump into Uncanny Avengers #1 and understand what is going on. I love the look of the art in the preview.

Will Rogue be in this?

she's the one in the green hoodie. No idea why they're hiding all her visually distinctive hair.

X-Men-192.jpg

Owzers

Rocket #6 was probably the weakest issue so far, ending page was cute though. I don't know if it being a Rocket book is enough to keep me buying.

PsychBat!

Banned
Reading those first few words scared me for a second there- Camuncoli is fantastic, so I don't mind this. It's going to be really shitty when Ramos goes back to the book full time though. Saw the solicitation for the end of Spider-Verse talking about the Slott supporting cast and the Parker Industry shit, and it's making me seriously consider dropping the book once Spider-Verse is done with.
I'm still holding out on Superior Spider-Man #34 or a new #1 issue. Alas, nothing has been said or hinted at.

Anyone else still reading Justice League Dark? I just read last weeks issue (#37) and 3 months now of this series basically just spinning its wheels and going no where. WTF is happening with the quality of this book. It held out for a couple years as being one of the comics to read from the N52, now I'm thinking about dropping it. Art has dropped, writing has dropped, and the story is going no where for 3 months. So disappointing.
Agreed, bit longer than three months for me though. Every plot is the "team" or characters getting flung somewhere. It's pathetic. There is no team aspect or missions or purpose. They literally just get flung places and try to figure out how to get back. Brahs don't know how to write Magic.....

LIST! LIST! LIST!

Wonder Woman Art of War statue by Cliff Chiang

Deadly Class #10

Elephantmen #61
Trees #8
Ant-Man #1
Miracleman #14
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1

Ah I didn't know Absolute Batman Inc. was coming out this week, I may get that.

And I'm glad to see all of us are doing Real Pic January

Drayco21

First list of the new year:

Amazing Spider-Man #12
Angela: Asgard's Assassin #2
Ant-Man #1
Avengers: No More Bullying #1
Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier #3
Death of Wolverine: The Weapon X Program #5
Hawkeye vs. Deadpool #4
Hulk #10
Legendary Star-Lord #7 (I should really drop this shit)
Operation: S.I.N. #1
Punisher #14
Spider-Man 2099 #7
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1
Wolverines #1

Batman Eternal #40
Green Arrow #38
Lobo #4
The New 52: Future's End #36

Happy New List!

BATMAN ETERNAL #40 $2.99
DETECTIVE COMICS #38 $3.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #36 (WEEKLY) $2.99
BIRTHRIGHT #4 $2.99
DEADLY CLASS #10 (MR) $3.50
FADE OUT #4 (MR) $3.50
GOD HATES ASTRONAUTS #5 CVR A BROWNE (MR) $3.50
NAILBITER #9 (MR) $2.99
SIP (STRANGERS IN PARADISE) KIDS #2 $4.99
WOODS #9 $3.99

barrin87

Finished reading Glory today and while it was interesting I'm not sure I actually liked it.

Up to the Unstoppable arc of Astonishing X-Men and it's still fantastic at least.

Zombine

Banned
It is? Goodbye $62.50.

I've been waiting so long for Absolute Batman Inc.

Kip you're gonna need another shelf soon! I knew we'd get to you someday. I knew I said I was going to hold back for a little bit, but I can't skip this. I've never read Batman Inc.

Oh I didn't know Rogue aged in reverse. When did she steal that power?

She shook Masahiro Sakurai's hand once.

Zombine

Banned
I really want Image to announce a Velvet HC and Rat Queens HC. I check every solicit hoping.

I hope the Velvet hardcover is made to look like a top-secret handbook or agent file.

Edit:

Oh my god All Star Superman looks stunning digitally.

Messi

Be still Messi's heavy breathing / beating heart.

I already have that shit Preordered. So glad to see it shot up to the top of the preorder chart as soon as it went up :)

--

Some books just look better digitally. The Wicked and the Divine for example.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ok, Planet X was great until the end where in my opinion it went out like a fart in the wind

- I loved how nobody gave a fuck about Magneto, about his ideals or his new world order. In the end he was just a junkie killing children

- I liked how it tied all the stories together, from Esme being a little bitch, the Kick drug, Xorn, all the stuff that Morrison wrote on his run since the start

- but the ending, like I said, was awful in my opinion. Magneto touches Jean and she just dies...like that? what?

- Wolverine aparently cuts his head off, which as we all know didnt last. Cant wait to see how they explain how he comes back from that >_>

I assume that Astonishing X-Men, whenever it starts, continues from New X-Men, since its basically the same team

Zombine

Banned
Be still Messi's heavy breathing / beating heart.

Check it out dude. Yes there are epic tits, far more epic than foobies could ever dream of being, but the writing is so organic and the story is so sincere, that I wish it almost wasn't as explicit as it is so people will give it a chance.

Check it out dude. Yes there are epic tits, far more epic than foobies could ever dream of being, but the writing is so organic and the story is so sincere, that I wish it almost wasn't as explicit as it is so people will give it a chance.

Bro. I'm all about that kind of smut. I've been thinking of getting it. I'm just not much of a trade / hardcover guy so I have to work myself up to it. 95% of mine are Legion and I have to work myself up to even get those. It's just a quirk.

Top Bottom