• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

B74t5_JIQAAeLOY.jpg

thoughts? seems they are going the old buffed up eddie look

giphy.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
also why does Flash have legs? or is that not Flash? or does Flash now have legs?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Source? Is this like a real "All New" redesign like, post-Secret Wars?

Seems like an important detail a link would help with if this is the first All New image we've ever seen.

my source was this tweet

Ryan Penagos retweeted
Ben Morse ‏@BenJMorse 41m41 minutes ago
#GuardiansOfTheGalaxy artist @ValerioSchiti gives us an exclusive look at the all-new Venom: http://bit.ly/1sYAlJx

the linky is to a marvel.com article actually so there you go :)

Rhaknar

They symbiote gives him artificial legs, even when he's not in full Venom mode.

ah ok, cause he was in a wheelchair when not in costume in the first issue of Venom, guess he now has full control of the suit of course

Just read Supergirl, extremely enjoyable even though I don't know the back stories to a lot of these characters. This has to be one of DCs best books since the creative team change.

Maybe when it was introduced in Secret Wars II, but not that I know of.

Actually, the symbiots went there after their homeplanet died or something.

It has. It isn't even supposed to exist anymore.

Thanks! I was curious.

Just read Supergirl, extremely enjoyable even though I don't know the back stories to a lot of these characters. This has to be one of DCs best books since the creative team change.

The only character I really remember is Maxima and she was a goofy 90s character concept. This new one seems more nuanced so far.

Drayco21

B74t5_JIQAAeLOY.jpg

thoughts? seems they are going the old buffed up eddie look

Never before has a book so consistently made me want to stop reading comic books forever.

I just want this nightmare to fucking end.

But I can't stop myself from pulling it every single week. At least I know nothing can possibly be worse than writing a followup to the ending of the Thanos Imperative without Bendis knowing anything about the Thanos Imperative. The series has peaked in how angry it can make me, all I can do now is wait for someone competent to take the reigns.

ReAxion

I really want this Wicked + Divine shirt, but it's the kind of thing that can easily be misconstrued if worn in public:

*opens ComicGAF-Superfriends-List googledocs spreadsheet*

Don't bother it's terrible. All you need to know is that she's Peter's assistant for a company he didn't earn and shouldn't have.

*opens ComicGAF-Enemies-List googledocs spreadsheet*

Beaniedude's Reviews in which the only singles he picks up during the month release on the same day:

Grayson #6

lMF1z1W.png

Horrendous.

Batgirl #38
How is getting into a drag race not endangering lives?

In this issue, the cop is trying to argue from the moral high ground, when cops engage in high speed pursuits all the time. It ain't a drag race if only one person is really racing.

I really don't know anything about Superboy and his fake death, him being a clone, etc.

So the only real thing you need to know about Superboy is that he was a clone created by N.O.W.H.E.R.E. an organization founded by Harvest, using the DNA of a future child of Superman and Lois. He died during the H'el Krypton stuff but was brought back by a Celestial entity known as the Oracle.

Lol comics.

That said, none of that really matters for the purpose of Supergirl, all you need to know about that, is that in this version, clones existed in Krypton's past, staged an uprising that made Kryptonians really not like clones. Kara has that same prejudice and only grudgingly came to not outright hate Superboy. People would want Kryptonian clones because, yo, Kryptonian's are really powerful.

E the Shaggy

Of course. Fun book.

Agree to disagree on this one. I gave up on this one because all the stories seem to be just going in circles.

I came back, following the numerous storylines of "Starlord vs. His father where nothing happens" only to see him colossally mishandle the events of Thanos Imperative, and I stuck around to give the "Planet of the Symbiotes" an honest shot.

There always seem to be just a slew of issues that could have been boiled down to one issue max.

It's infuriating. Read the original Abnett and Lanning run where she was popping off every single issue at break neck speed. It was great.

CBTech

Has anyone had issues subscribing to Marvel Unlimited? Everytime I put in my payment information it ends up stalling and going nowhere or on mobile completely crashing the browser. I've even tried different payment methods. I wish Marvel would let me give them money.

Has anyone had issues subscribing to Marvel Unlimited? Everytime I put in my payment information it ends up stalling and going nowhere or on mobile completely crashing the browser. I've even tried different payment methods. I wish Marvel would let me give them money.

Sounds pretty par for the course for the service

Agree to disagree on this one. I gave up on this one because all the stories seem to be just going in circles.

I came back, following the numerous storylines of "Starlord vs. His father where nothing happens" only to see him colossally mishandle the events of Thanos Imperative, and I stuck around to give the "Planet of the Symbiotes" an honest shot.

There always seem to be just a slew of issues that could have been boiled down to one issue max.

It's infuriating. Read the original Abnett and Lanning run where she was popping off every single issue at break neck speed. It was great.

After my thirteenth attempt to read the Annhilation books I gave up. No interest in any of those books. Super uncompelling, even with Giffen involved.

Owzers

“LAST DAYS is the first of three new brandings for series unique to Secret Wars,” says Marvel SVP Sales & Marketing David Gabriel. “Each branding will bear its own unique trade dress and logo treatment, clearly defining its relationship to the main Secret Wars story. This will make it easier for fans to experience the full scope of Secret Wars. Don’t dare miss these epic tales as our heroes face their impending obliteration!”

That branding opportunity.

I'll pass.

Faiz

I've been trying to get somewhat caught up on the last 5-6 years of Xmen on Marvel Unlimited and it's frustrating as hell. So many issues with pages that fail to download. I always see so much praise for it here but I'd have never paid for what I'm experiencing.

Top Bottom