• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

tim1138

Batman and Robin was great, I feel like Tomasi finally has a handle on writing a complex, nuanced Damian who isn't just a murderous psychopath. That and Tooth & Claw are my top books for this week, good things happening in both of them.

Batman and Robin was great, I feel like Tomasi finally has a handle on writing a complex, nuanced Damian who isn't just a murderous psychopath. That and Tooth & Claw are my top books for this week, good things happening in both of them.

Tooth and Claw is incredible. It's like what Nowhere Men did for graphic design, T&C does for Pulp Adventure books.

Drayco21

What happened on Amazing?

Kaine may or may not be dead, Anya has served her story purpose finally, so she's freed up to die next issue. The only character I wanted to make it out alive, are now bleeding out or have lost their safety net.

754073.jpg

Ohnonono

I randomly went into my local comic shop and decided to start picking up Trade volumes of stuff that looked neat to me. I have ended up with the first two Manifest Destiny TPB, the hardcover of Veil (this looks great), and the first four hardcovers of Mind MGMT.

So far it has been a lot of fun reading stuff. All of my random picks I like so far. What do people think about Saga? Seems to be pretty popular and sounds fun, has a few volumes out already.

Messi

I randomly went into my local comic shop and decided to start picking up Trade volumes of stuff that looked neat to me. I have ended up with the first two Manifest Destiny TPB, the hardcover of Veil (this looks great), and the first four hardcovers of Mind MGMT.

So far it has been a lot of fun reading stuff. All of my random picks I like so far. What do people think about Saga? Seems to be pretty popular and sounds fun, has a few volumes out already.

Saga is amazing

YAY JC IS BAAAAACK

Bii

I think Saga's a fun and interesting read. It goes a bit overboard with first page reveals/surprises in the second and/or third volumes, but it's still one of my favorite ongoings.

A few critics seem to dislike its lack of "world building" and backgrounds. But if you give it a shot, if you haven't already, you can judge it for yourself. I do recommend it to readers who are looking for a space opera type of book.

much love to everybody wondering where I was, ya'll the real MVP *tears*

also Bayonetta 2 GOTY Tyrant Rave we did it fam *tears x2*

also uhhhhh did Marvel actually announce anything yesterday cuz uhhhh I'm not seeing anything

Batman/Superman went a completely opposite direction that I thought it was going with this Supermans "Joker" story. To the DC Wiki I go.

Welcome back JC.

SRG01

why aren't spoilers working

edit: Okay, now I think spoilers are working again, in Amazing:
that quote from Spock was amazing

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any good comic book podcasts around? been listening to the comic vine one recently, its fine, but if I made a drinking game where I took a shot everytime Tony Guerrero says "I dunno" I would be dead in 2 minutes

Messi

any good comic book podcasts around? been listening to the comic vine one recently, its fine, but if I made a drinking game where I took a shot everytime Tony Guerrero says "I dunno" I would be dead in 2 minutes

Talking Comics podcast is great.

kd-z

Absolutely put your money into it. It's a story about a burnt out (in every possible way) writer writing a sci-fi story, but then that sci-fi story breaks down his door and tells him he has to finish writing the story in order for both to live. (I'm intentionally skirting and obscuring parts because it's really just a brilliantly well-done meta-story that continues Morrison's fiction=reality/ reality=fiction stories literary leit-motifs.

Also, like tim said, Frazer Irving firing out some of his best damn work, and you can imagine how good that is considering his usual stellar-ass quality. There are a lot of impressive panel splits and mirroring and sequences in this joint.
Sounds super great. Now I'm sure I'll buy the hardcover when it releases!

Cheska

We need to start adding this section to the OP. I listen to a lot of podcasts, and the ones I've kept listening to consistently are:

The Hangout
Talking Comics!
iFanboy

I'll listen to The Comic Conspiracy, 3 Chicks Review Comics, and a couple of others, but the ones I linked to are the ones I prefer the most.

I've been enjoying the two on Comic Book Page

They do one called "Weekly Comics Spotlight" and one for the "Mayo Report". The first usually reviews 1 DC, 1 Marvel and 1 "Other" title, though they often do several others. The Mayo Report is a breakdown of the sales charts; It gets into the fun and interesting trends of the floppies and trades. They're both very entertaining.

I also enjoy The Comic Conspiracy Podcast: Hosted by a store owner in CA, it's basically a group of friends who talk everything comics and pop culture with a slight focus on the retailer side of things.

You tried the ComicsGAF podcast? Zombine should have the link

You tried the ComicsGAF podcast? Zombine should have the link

dead2.gif

Still hurts.

Glad to have you back JC.

The newest Humble Bundle is Archie stuff, and includes all three volumes of Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Collide, Afterlife Volume 1 and an Afterlife magazine, the first issue of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and The Fox amongst others. I don't know the last one but it's written by Waid so it might be good. I'll be having some of that for $15.

much love to everybody wondering where I was, ya'll the real MVP *tears*

also Bayonetta 2 GOTY Tyrant Rave we did it fam *tears x2*
2Z1JQgC.png

The newest Humble Bundle is Archie stuff, and includes all three volumes of Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Collide, Afterlife Volume 1 and an Afterlife magazine, the first issue of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and The Fox amongst others. I don't know the last one but it's written by Waid so it might be good. I'll be having some of that for $15.

Might get it... Only really interested in Afterlife and Sabrina though. I'll keep an eye on it and see how I feel after a few days.

Yeah. Didn't know anything about it. Now I do!

Hmm! If Superman's Joker is
a Kandorian, that could actually make a lot of sense. Resentment that he hasn't found a way to restore their City, mixed with the possibility that being stuck in a bottled city could have driven them mad.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
She Hulk is canceled? :(

Yeah, KIPP launched a full-scale "ay yo, that book is too rich for my blood" attack and sales fucking plummeted. Just wait 'til he comes for Ms. Marvel.

Hmm! If Superman's Joker is
a Kandorian, that could actually make a lot of sense. Resentment that he hasn't found a way to restore their City, mixed with the possibility that being stuck in a bottled city could have driven them mad.

Using other Kandorians as bullets though, thats some sick shit.
Question for Korrupt
I'd imagine the one they found out was a bullet has to be dead now right?

Top Bottom