• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Lmo911

New Venom design:

C5kz4yq.jpg

The face and bulk mess it up. Having the suit take on a more space vibe with flash involved makes some sense, but he should still be based in agent venom. Commander Shepard with angry teeth when needed, if you will.

Giant crazy venom should be saved for Brock/Villian versions of the character, or if flash totally loses it. Imo. I actually like the color usage with the white palms, etc.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this Talking Comics podcast is...pretty terrible. Sorry :/

This chick hates marvel and says marvel isnt even one of the big 2 (lol?), this other guy says secret wars is a reboot and all the books will be dead as if its fact even tho nothing resembling that was announced. So, yeah :/

maybe its just an off episode but its a terrible first impression

Owzers

This chick hates marvel and says marvel isnt even one of the big 2 (lol?), this other guy says secret wars is a reboot and all the books will be dead as if its fact even tho nothing resembling that was announced. So, yeah :/

maybe you hate the truth? Sounds even more negative than I am....would be weird to listen to.

Cheska

Haven't heard it yet so can't really comment, but I generally find myself sharing the same opinion as them, so it's always an enjoyable listen. Bob especially has a wealth of knowledge about the industry.

I don't know if 11 O'Clock comics is still around, but maybe that's more up your alley?

Nudull

Banned
Haven't heard it yet so can't really comment, but I generally find myself sharing the same opinion as them, so it's always an enjoyable listen. Bob especially has a wealth of knowledge about the industry.

I don't know if 11 O'Clock comics is still around, but maybe that's more up your alley?

Ever tried 3 Chicks, Cheska?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

not really in a mood for a podcast where people cant be objective is all. I dont care for DC at all, but I dont want to hear a podcast where people shit on DC for example, I dont see how thats interesting

Owzers

Listening to Talking Comics now to get in on the hate....

gotta admit that pizza analogy deserves scorn. Combine two pizzas....get new toppings?

Nudull

Banned
Listening to Talking Comics now to get in on the hate....

gotta admit that pizza analogy deserves scorn. Combine two pizzas....get new toppings?

What if we kept adding pizzas? We could have toppings within toppings within toppings within toppings within tOH GOD MY MIND.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
not really in a mood for a podcast where people cant be objective is all. I dont care for DC at all, but I dont want to hear a podcast where people shit on DC for example, I dont see how thats interesting

I mean, you'd pretty much have the most personality-less podcast ever then. Ideally, you'd have a crew of interesting and funny personalities with their own personal tastes that you'd get to know as you listen. Can't imagine too many people discussing much in comics with objectivity, unless it's like "Yo, Khoi Pham is dogshit and we all know he ruined Scarlet Spider."

Literal Zombine is my favorite character.

Rhaknar

I mean, you'd pretty much have the most personality-less podcast ever then. Ideally, you'd have a crew of interesting and funny personalities with their own personal tastes that you'd get to know as you listen. Can't imagine too many people discussing much in comics with objectivity, unless it's like "Yo, Khoi Pham is dogshit and we all know he ruined Scarlet Spider."

I think theres a difference between "I dont like something" and "something is shit lol"

but fine, if you want to go the personalities route, then I hate their personalities from what I heard :p

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I think theres a difference between "I dont like something" and "something is shit lol"

but fine, if you want to go the personalities route, then I hate their personalities from what I heard :p

Oh, yeah, totally agree. Was it at least funny commentary? I can easily say that I've heard zero interesting standard-ass comics podcasts, outside of Chris Sims related stuff. And even he ain't really a must-listen for me.

Messi

They usually explain why they don't like something. They are also some of the biggest fans of certain dc books I've seen. But if you don't like the personalities then it's not for you.

You in particular might be interested in Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-men. Essentially a podcast by X-Men fans where they go over the team's history in an enjoyable and chronological order, they also occasionally have current X-writers on and review the various X-books every week, it can be found here

Rhaknar

You in particular might be interested in Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-men. Essentially a podcast by X-Men fans where they go over the team's history in an enjoyable and chronological order, they also occasionally have current X-writers on and review the various X-books every week, it can be found here

thanks. actually you bringing up the x-men is a good way for me to explain how i feel. Just because Im a x-men fanboy, I can keep quality and enjoyment seperate. I like the X books, but I have no problem is saying that for example, nothing ive read of the X books recently can even touch that Hickman F4 stuff, even tho I dont give 2 fucks about the F4 (maybe morrison's new x-men and the first few WATXMs). Just because I like something doesnt mean I think its good (that goes for anything, movies, games, whatever)

So some obnoxious woman shitting on Marvel because she's obviously a Image fangirl (which is fine) isnt my cup of tea. Would be the same if someone was shitting on DC btw, even if I dont read DC. I actually like the comic vine podcast in that regard, they seem to like (or dislike) everything :p

ReAxion

Oh, yeah, totally agree. Was it at least funny commentary? I can easily say that I've heard zero interesting standard-ass comics podcasts, outside of Chris Sims related stuff. And even he ain't really a must-listen for me.

I think I'm in this boat. I only listen to Comic Vine now for their brief rundown of the week's releases.

Filthy Slug

So what you guys are saying is: Comics-Gaf Podcast.

Hmm! If Superman's Joker is
a Kandorian, that could actually make a lot of sense. Resentment that he hasn't found a way to restore their City, mixed with the possibility that being stuck in a bottled city could have driven them mad.

It could also explain how they are talking to them at any location.

ElNarez

Banned
No but seriously just how fucking good was Loki and that whole payoff, god damn. The whole thing, for two fucking years, and now, shit just fucking falls apart it's the best. THE BEST.

fauxtrot

Banned
I hope All-New Venom kills someone next issue with his spikey chin.

And if you are all good boys and girls, none of us will know if it happens because no one should be paying money for this comic after 23 meandering issues.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
On my lunch break from my first day at my new job. It's so boring and easy... Just gonna stay long enough to save up a nice chunk of money and make the experience be worth something and then I'm outta there. I guess I'm good at it though.

Cheska, Zombine, Kipp and JC. I would listen to that.

I'm so down.

fauxtrot

Banned
Everyone is always talking about DC holding the line at $2.99, but next week's Multiversity Guidebook #1 is $7.99! ;)

On my lunch break from my first day at my new job. It's so boring and easy... Just gonna stay long enough to save up a nice chunk of money and make the experience be worth something and then I'm outta there. I guess I'm good at it though.

This post is going on your permanent record, mister.

Filthy Slug

Everyone is always talking about DC holding the line at $2.99, but next week's Multiversity Guidebook #1 is $7.99! ;)

Holding the line at $2.99!*

*For bad weekly books only, thx.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

This post is going on your permanent record, mister.

Holding the line at $7.99.

And lol. Funny you should say that. Every time I say anything about my new job, I get paranoid that it'll get tracked back to me/my GAF account.
One of the many downsides of using your real name as your username.

Top Bottom