• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Havent unwrapped it yet, but Collector Boards love this thing. Also, Sterns Run is a big classic. His Hobgoblin Stuff is supposed to be great!

This is pretty high on my wish list, I want to get all omnibuses related to Spider-Man.

On the flip side does anybody collect the Batman collections of certain writers or artist like these:
Tales Of The Batman Gene Colan HC Vol 01
Tales Of The Batman Don Newton HC Vol 01
Tales Of The Batman Archie Goodwin HC
Tales Of The Batman Len Wein HC

Any reviews on them? Are they OHC? Paper Quality?

Cheska

I try guys, I try haha

Real talk though, Black Widow is sooo good. I love that Edmonson and Noto finally made me give a shit about this character.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
This is pretty high on my wish list, I want to get all omnibuses related to Spider-Man.
You should start hunting down the Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 Omnibus and Spider-Man my Micheline & Todd McFarlane. They were booth out of Print last summer and I had a hell of a time hunting down booth for a reasonable price.

On the flip side does anybody collect the Batman collections of certain writers or artist like these:
Tales Of The Batman Gene Colan HC Vol 01
Tales Of The Batman Don Newton HC Vol 01
Tales Of The Batman Archie Goodwin HC
Tales Of The Batman Len Wein HC

Any reviews on them? Are they OHC? Paper Quality?
They are Standard Trim :( Would have loved to buy the Kelly Tales of Batman book, but I dont buy standard Trim HCs.

You should start hunting down the Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 Omnibus and Spider-Man my Micheline & Todd McFarlane. They were booth out of Print last summer and I had a hell of a time hunting down booth for a reasonable price.
I already got Micheline & Todd McFarlane :D

Seeing those ASM vol 2 omni prices @_@, I might just hope for a reprint...

They are Standard Trim :( Would have loved to buy the Kelly Tales of Batman book, but I dont buy standard Trim HCs.
I don't mind them so much but that is disappointing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Where is your spidey facepalm avatar from anyway game?

PsychBat!

Banned
5UuUot2.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Guess I need to add that Loki series to the queue (up to #5 on MU)

Vibranium

Banned
What about OTs for big events (like the impending Secret Wars OT)?

Those are cool because story discussion is big. I don't buy Marvel/DC events though because of all the money they cost and the Canadian dollar keeps getting worse. I was let down in the past.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I wanted to see if the cover of ASM #14 was on the Marvel website and couldn't find anything. But I did find it on the Marvel wiki, which is a little odd.

Six parts? Spider-Verse sure hasn't felt like it's that long. I guess the double shipping helps.

Unlike Future's End which feels like it's been going on for fucking ever. I looked at this month's preview and went "nope, too dumb for me." Shit like that is why people make fun of comics.

Finished Wolfsmund Vol. 1

Read this if you are an enemy of joy. It has a really great flown to its action, which is quick and brutal in most situations. I never really knew where things were going, even when I thought I was figuring it out and I liked that as it's not something that happens too often.

Also, holy shit, the main bad guy Wolfram at the Border Station is presented in such a gloriously wonderful way. Beautifully monstrous.

Sadist

The last few pages, haha.

I've read Superior Iron Man #4... ugh. So lame.

As for the Gauntlet discussion on Spidey, the Rhino story is amazing.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh man, this is super tempting.

Oooooh. I still haven't read anything Jack Kirby, but Kamandi has always been high on my list of Kirby books I've been interested in.
And that $75 price point isn't bad at all... I'll definitely think about picking this up.

Read this if you are an enemy of joy.

Sounds like this is the book for me!

But really, I've been following Zombine's and your Wolfsmund posts and it seems pretty cool.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Oooooh. I still haven't read anything Jack Kirby, but Kamandi has always been high on my list of Kirby books I've been interested in.
And that $75 price point isn't bad at all... I'll definitely think about picking this up.
I was with you Kipp when the others were making fun of you for trade waiting but this is where our path separate. Go read Kamandi or any of his DC work NOW!

I've been re-reading my Hellboy trades (Hellboy 1-9 and BPRD 1-2) and boy is this series great. Need to buy what I haven't got yet but it seems that amazon hasn't got early BPRD trades in stock. Am I fucked?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I was with you Kipp when the others were making fun of you for trade waiting but this is where our path separate. Go read Kamandi or any of his DC work NOW!

I've been re-reading my Hellboy trades (Hellboy 1-9 and BPRD 1-2) and boy is this series great. Need to buy what I haven't got yet but it seems that amazon hasn't got early BPRD trades in stock. Am I fucked?

Haha. Yeah, I know, I know. I really need to pick up some Kirby stuff. The unfortunate thing is that a lot of it is OOP.

And speaking of Hellboy, I really need to get back to reading the second Hellboy Library Edition soon. Hellboy is too good.

Zombine

Banned

Read this if you are an enemy of joy. It has a really great flown to its action, which is quick and brutal in most situations. I never really knew where things were going, even when I thought I was figuring it out and I liked that as it's not something that happens too often.

Also, holy shit, the main bad guy Wolfram at the Border Station is presented in such a gloriously wonderful way. Beautifully monstrous.

I know. I don't like bad things.

She's just making sure she's prepared for Cyke's return ;)

tumblr_nhz1kmYhT71rtmwk6o1_500.gif

I know. I don't like bad things.

Time to justify buying 4 more volumes.

DC without long term plan. Film at eleven.

Birdies log, stardate 1/22/15: I've never trusted DC, and I never will. I could never forgive them for the death of my version of continuity. It seems to me our need to get past the New 52 reboot is problematic at best. They say Convergence could be a historic occasion, and I'd like to believe them, but how on earth can comics get past people like me?

Zombine

Banned
Time to justify buying 4 more volumes.

At least this is a series that we are on board for from the start in the US. It's not like Berserk where I am constantly behind and feel like I will never catch up.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm pissed. I have to wear my glasses today because last night when I went to tan, some pious employee decided that today after 2 years of never needing them gave me a hard time about goggles. She said these fucking tape things would work and I woke up this morning and I look like a tan raccoon. My entire face is tan and my eyes and under them aren't.

Fintan

Another disappointing issue of Amazing Spider-Man. Just really not into this Spider-Verse event. Feels like so little has happened in these 5 issues. And all the tie-ins are either just introducing Spider-People to kill them or recruit them to stand around for a while and then kill them. Admittedly some of the individual stories are kind of cool, like the Punk Spider-Man one, but just overall such a boring event.

Maybe it will have a cool conclusion but the whole thing is such a letdown overall.

At least this is a series that we are on board for from the start in the US. It's not like Berserk where I am constantly behind and feel like I will never catch up.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm pissed. I have to wear my glasses today because last night when I went to tan, some pious employee decided that today after 2 years of never needing them gave me a hard time about goggles. She said these fucking tape things would work and I woke up this morning and I look like a tan raccoon. My entire face is tan and my eyes and under them aren't.

Well now we need some shame selfies.

rakhir

My favourite moment of this Spider-Verse story was in the lastest issue of "Spider-Verse", when two spiders are reloading their webshooters in the middle of a big fight. They talk a bit, trying to figure out what's the difference between them, going through the bullet points (Peter Parker? yes. Uncle Ben? Dead. Green Gobiln? Norman Osborn etc).
In the end they can't figure it out, concluding that they must be pretty much the same person.

It's really good, quick and funny story in the middle of this whole clash of spider-monkeys and lady spiders. It's nice to see Peter just being Peter.

The overall story of Spider-Verse is pretty thin, though. Despite not having a lot of stuff to do to begin with it's getting muddled within so many different titles that it's getting confusing.

Top Bottom