• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Uncanny Avengers next week, lets all put
1ONHJRH.gif
Axis
1ONHJRH.gif
behind us

UNCAVEN2015001-int2-1-381b6.jpg

Can I just say as some one who has been reading Batman and Robin since day one, and singing that creative teams praise since day one, it brings a tear to my eye to see so many other people finally embracing it.

Can I just say as some one who has been reading Batman and Robin since day one, and singing that creative teams praise since day one, it brings a tear to my eye to see so many other people finally embracing it.

While I feel that Snyder's Batman has had higher highs, Tomasi and Gleason have easily put together the most consistently solid A title from issue #1 til now.

Birdies log, stardate 1/22/15: I've never trusted DC, and I never will. I could never forgive them for the death of my version of continuity. It seems to me our need to get past the New 52 reboot is problematic at best. They say Convergence could be a historic occasion, and I'd like to believe them, but how on earth can comics get past people like me?

lol replace whatever continuity you want, just don't give it to Frank Tieri and JT Krul.

You know me better than that. I'm Pro-Bendis GotG for god's sake.

Launch your straw man into the sun, mate.

they couldn't break for John Ostrander on Suicide Squad, like come on man

nice of them to find my nigga Tim Truman from Grimjack and Hawkworld for the Hawkman book with Jeff Parker. That and the Parker/Shanner wonder duo for Captain Marvel seem cool.

Len Wein/Kelley Jones Swamp Thing, hell that's 3

E the Shaggy

For those who are wondering and haven't checked it out yet... the current Posehn/Duggan run on Deadpool is absolutely fantastic. The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly arc that I read last year was one of the top five story arcs of the last couple years.

Fucking good. And Shalvey killed it on art in that arc.

Deadpool.jpg

Hands down my favorite Deadpool story.

So my Jeep shit out on me a couple weeks ago and I had to buy a new car,,,
I didn't have a car payment for 5 years,, :/,, Sooo now im starting to drop about 70% of my books from my LCS and ordering from DCBS.
We'll see how this once a month shipment goes, wondering if ill be able to remember what happened in the issue before it lol

tim1138

they couldn't break for John Ostrander on Suicide Squad, like come on man

nice of them to find my nigga Tim Truman from Grimjack and Hawkworld for the Hawkman book with Jeff Parker. That and the Parker/Shanner wonder duo for Captain Marvel seem cool.

Len Wein/Kelley Jones Swamp Thing, hell that's 3

I didn't even notice there was a Suicide Squad book.

While I feel that Snyder's Batman has had higher highs, Tomasi and Gleason have easily put together the most consistently solid A title from issue #1 til now.

Absolutely, and I'll say it again Tomasi gets Damian, and gets the relationship he has with Bruce better than any other writer.

Absolutely, and I'll say it again Tomasi gets Damian, and gets the relationship he has with Bruce better than any other writer.

Where Snyder has said many times he hates writing Damian because he has his own 10 year old son and couldn't imagine someone that young doing something like that.

Overall, I feel Snyders Batman has been the more consistent Batman title. I do think Tomasi has really found his groove in the story of getting Damian back. Tomasi has always delivered a lot of emotion, but that comes with the nature of the book Involving a father and his son.

Arksy

I spent the last three days reading 147 issues of Fables.

Worth it, even though it kind of goes very much downhill after about issue 75.

I spent the last three days reading 147 issues of Fables.

Worth it, even though it kind of goes very much downhill after about issue 75.

Yeah, I quit reading somewhere around 110 or so. Wetflame said it improves again, so I will read it in trades from the library once it is completely collected.

It is rather nice that the deluxe edition vol 9 collects it to just past 75. I won't be buying the rest of that series.

So... Is the consens that Year One is a Batman Story with a big Jim Gordon Part or a Jim Gordon Story with a big Batman part?

Like Dark Knight Returns, Batman slowly erodes into the background of his own story, until its more about the effect and symbolic power Batman has over Gotham's citizens then Bruce himself. Can't really count Year One's, but DKR works on a 4x4 grid, 16 possible panels per page

• Book 1: Bruce Wayne/Batman appears in 505 panels (out of a possible 742)
  • Book 2: 428 panels
  • Book 3: 416 panels
  • Book 4: 337 panels

I just read Batman Inc Vol 2 Issue 8 for the first time. I knew what happened and vol 1 of Inc. didn't do it for me so I never bothered with the n52 Inc. Needless to say, that was fucking brutal.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Like Dark Knight Returns, Batman slowly erodes into the background of his own story, until its more about the effect and symbolic power Batman has over Gotham's citizens then Bruce himself. Can't really count Year One's, but DKR works on a 4x4 grid, 16 possible panels per page

• Book 1: Bruce Wayne/Batman appears in 505 panels (out of a possible 742)
  • Book 2: 428 panels
  • Book 3: 416 panels
  • Book 4: 337 panels
:D Dude, you need a Tag for all this stuff

Arksy

Yeah, I quit reading somewhere around 110 or so. Wetflame said it improves again, so I will read it in trades from the library once it is completely collected.

It is rather nice that the deluxe edition vol 9 collects it to just past 75. I won't be buying the rest of that series.

Eh, it does improve after 110, but not by much....by that time it's lost so much steam that it kind of feels hard to invest in any of the characters. So many plots to cover in the last three issues, I doubt they're going to be able to do it. The last major arc has been pretty uninspiring and uninteresting.

In any case I don't at all regret it, it's still decent enough. It's just that it's a pale shadow of the earlier issues.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It baffles me that they wont reprint the two Secret War Omnibusses. Even while I dont like those two Storylines at all, I would like to have a sexy Omnibus of booth.

tim1138

that first panel is killin' me yo

Rhodey has some amazing dialog in Secret Wars. He and Wasp's constant complainingabout breaking nails or needing her hair done really steal the show. I mean I guess yeah, the Venom suit debuted here and other important things, but they pale in comparison to Rhodey and Janet.

Umm Ive been reading it since issue 1 and that NoBody arc that ended with "forgive me father for I have sinned" is one of the worst(quality wise) things I've read

I groaned out loud and almost threw the book in the garbage.

Starting from the very next page it became a top 3 book, though.

Zombine

Banned
It's confirmed. JC is The Watcher.

Imagine how handy that is though. Like, what if one day he's held up and his life depends on answering a question right, and the criminal is like

"Yo. I'll let you live if you answer one question...how many pannels are in The Dark Knight book 3?"

Top Bottom