• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

My whole first few months in this community I was harassed for my opinion. It's what this community is good at.

popcorn__.gif

PsychBat!

Banned
Eh, he's not the only one who complains about that. I think there's a dude with a Daredevil avatar that posts here criticizing the Comic thread on occasion.

No, Bandit didn't say your opinions suck or tried to argue. He said you were a pacifier sucking idiotic asswipe who couldn't tell what was shit and cake.

Pretty sure that is close to some of his insults.

TTOB was a shit poster, the kind of shit that gets stuck to the bottom of your shoe and stinks up every room you walk in. I hope he fails in everything he sets out to do.

I actually have no clue what's going on. I just saw the post about people being harassed. Reminded me of the good ol days of Acid08, think that dude hated me.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i still laugh remembering his "farewell tour" where he told us in november he would be leaving in the new year. like anyone cared

Owzers

DCBS shipment arrives tmw, which means i neglect all the comics i have unread now in favor of waiting for new comics tmw.

hitting that predicament that i'm sure everyone hits at some point - deciding between dropping $100 on a commission or $200 for a more detailed commission. And then I have to choose the character. dang.

definitely would have to reopen up the Ebay shop for the latter one

tim1138

I actually have no clue what's going on. I just saw the post about people being harassed. Reminded me of the good ol days of Acid08, think that dude hated me.

That dude was a straight up dick, I was glad he disappeared. The TTOB stuff is all from before you were posting here.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I lurked for a fucking long time, and Spike and some others basically brought me back into comics with the weekly comic threads, but then I'd just see that one psychopath with the Shantae avatar posting his fucking livejournal (titles included) and being a douche to everybody and pimping Savage Dragon. Dude was a cunt.

Yo, Comics-Gaf is bonding over this mutual dislike. This is good, right?

I decided to start posting in this thread because it seemed the most newcomer friendly, everyone seems very nice and it is always pretty active. Plus, I just conform all my opinions to what's popular so no one can be mad at me. =/

Anyone excited for the hit Image comic that everyone is talking about, Saga, to return?

whoaaaa acid!

nah, TTOB just always went on tirades about what a terrible cartoonist i was and no one ever called him out on it.

Owzers

whoaaaa acid!

nah, TTOB just always went on tirades about what a terrible cartoonist i was and no one ever called him out on it.

It's because we all agreed with him.

muahahhahahha. (kidding)

Also i'd like that Batwoman statue better if it wasn't for the baseball theme...i don't like baseball. Tennis statues?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Some non-spoilery examples of the action.

And this guy. This fucking guy.

He's so good as an evil asshole.

Ooh. That is pretty neat.

Very tempting, but I really want the hardcovers...

Like Dark Knight Returns, Batman slowly erodes into the background of his own story, until its more about the effect and symbolic power Batman has over Gotham's citizens then Bruce himself. Can't really count Year One's, but DKR works on a 4x4 grid, 16 possible panels per page

• Book 1: Bruce Wayne/Batman appears in 505 panels (out of a possible 742)
  • Book 2: 428 panels
  • Book 3: 416 panels
  • Book 4: 337 panels

That is just fantastic. Thank you for this post.

Hey guys how about them funny books?

What gives you guys some good vibes?

Calvin & Hobbes, Pearls Before Swine, Foxtrot...

Funniest comic I've ever read though is The Auteur. Just hilarious.

Plus, I just conform all my opinions to what's popular so no one can be mad at me. =/

Line in the sand. Like or hate Frank Quitely?

This is where your strategy will fail you.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Oh man. That scene. I was dying.

But now we have the worst villain of them all in Kipp, as he actively works to kill the industry one book at a time!

One book at a time? I prefer killing multiple books at a time. Gotta spread the love.

Love him or hate him, you have to respect Frank Quitely.

On the one hand, well done for not inciting either group. On the other hand, that's totally not a line in the sand.

Kipp isn't even a trade waiter, my dude waits for OSHCs

You know it. My patience is rewarded with glorious high-quality, good-value hardcovers.

nigga still waiting on Hawkeye vol. 2 brehs

Pfft. Everyone is still waiting on Hawkeye.

Real talk though, I'm really looking forward to reading Hawkeye. Hawkeye OHC vol 1 is one of my all-time favorites. In fact, I need to re-read it again soon for like the 4th time. It's been a while.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yo, when are we getting into Stray Bullets for the Book Club thing?

Yo, when are we getting into Stray Bullets for the Book Club thing?

When people finish reading Strangers in Paradise, I guess (or at least the people who are also going to take part in the SB read). I'm almost done personally, but other people are all over the place. It doesn't help that the SiP omnibus doesn't have page numbers or anything. That's thankfully not the case with the Uber Alles edition of Stray Bullets.

Filthy Slug

Would y'all want to do a Casanova reading after Stray? I can moderate/be falsely knowledgeable and informative.

I skip most of the Image trades I would otherwise buy just waiting on those. Hoping that Deadly Class and Rat Queens get the treatment soon.

Aw man, don't even joke about that. I have the Rat Queens trade, but I would spring for the hardcover.

I really need to get this job, man. I spent more than an hour today on various book selling sites just looking at omnibuses and OHCs. And I want a new PC, since I got into Heroes of the Storm and it's yet another victim of Nvidia Optimus being it's usual garbagey self.

Would y'all want to do a Casanova reading after Stray? I can moderate/be falsely knowledgeable and informative.

I think maybe we should leave that until we get close to being finished with Stray. There was some talk a little while back about #3 being either X-Statix or the Nausicaa manga. But I think I'd rather leave it up in the air for the time being.

Aw man, don't even joke about that. I have the Rat Queens trade, but I would spring for the hardcover.

Any Image book that sells well is an obvious choice for deluxe hardcovers. Sex Crims is getting one soon, so I'd be shocked if Deadly Class and Rat Queens didn't get them, too.

Top Bottom