• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I can see why that would be a problem. I don't have much of a Daredevil is Hell's Kitchen attachment.

I dont like it, because New York was "always" the main city of the Marvel Universe.
I know, it makes no sense to house absolutly everyone there, but still.

And I know that "It was always so" is a stupid argument. But I like it this way. Its like Batman just has to stay in Gotham and Superman has to stay in Metropolis.

Also, I love Spidey/Daredevil Teamups and having Daredevil on the other side of the country makes this way more uncommon to happen.

I expect them to bring everyone back to New York after Secret War anyway.

I avoid most of the comic related OT threads. It's usually filled with uninformed toxic individuals. I'm sure they're all giving their opinion on how stupid comics are in a forum dedicated to video games.

I knew I liked you, Zombine.

I need this.

That's pretty awesome. I need more comic-related mugs, I only have Batman, Superman and a Batman '66 one. Needs to be some Marvel in there before I get abducted by the DC Super-PAC.

I subscribed. Have a filing cabinet full of these stories from around the 1990's to about 97. Gonna be good to have a set of hardbacks worth everything condensed.

Enjoy

I'm looking forward to it. The books are always good quality anyway, it's nice that they kept them in the proper aspect ratio as well.

That dickhead who picks up a copy of every book and floppy in the new releases and sniffs them was in the store today. He clearly has problems. Again he went through my stack which was on a table near the counter and a pop on top of it. So it's clearly someone's stuff. He took the last copy if Black Science vol 2 from it and my Harley variants :/ (flash and the Amanda Conner one). I am actually intimidated by him as he is always talking to himself and cursing under his breath. I had to hang around for 30 mins trying to get and opportunity to take back my stuff. When he wasn't looking I grabbed my Harley's but had to leave black science as my nerves were shot. I fucking hate this dude. He has gone through my stuff multiple times over the past few months. I have seen him take other people's stuff too. Sucks man :(

Geez man. TBH I'm not the best mentally and when I go into the big comic stores in Dublin I get way overstimulated. At least with CMX I don't have to talk to anyone, except when I inevitably have to email support every few weeks. I never know what to say to the shop assistant, their silent judgment of my purchases is, frankly, withering "Why yes, I AM buying this Transformers OHC and a random old D&D manual with actual monies."

They don't even know bout my Image digital and trade-buying habits.

Dunbar

Anyone gotten to Uncanny Avengers #1 yet and have thoughts? I was a big fan of the last run and I'm hoping this one is good.

Just read the New Avengers that just came out this week.

Celestials and Galactus are apparently dead, shits fucked, Superior Iron Man apparently escaped, and we've got some confirmation that Beyonders = Ivory Kings.

Also, Hank Pym's rocking a pretty awesome beard.

Don't forget
Reed caused the death of his son.

I REALLY wouldn't read that spoiler if I were you.

Messi

How I felt when he took my copy of Black Science vol 2

tumblr_m719m5f9L51rzdcixo1_500.gif

Then the Harley variants

iWEjUQfSlX0Zb.gif

Couldn't let it go.

Geez man. TBH I'm not the best mentally and when I go into the big comic stores in Dublin I get way overstimulated. At least with CMX I don't have to talk to anyone, except when I inevitably have to email support every few weeks. I never know what to say to the shop assistant, their silent judgment of my purchases is, frankly, withering "Why yes, I AM buying this Transformers OHC and a random old D&D manual with actual monies."

They don't even know bout my Image digital and trade-buying habits.

For awhile my LCS guy was a big two hating indie guy. That was real fun. At first it was off putting to ask something like "How is this DC book?" and get that delightful comic guy guy sneer. After awhile I started having fun with it, though, shit talking the books he liked. He's gone now and in his place is the owners daughter who is much more pleasant. The only time she Evil Eyed me was when I said something less than flattering about something Bendis related.

I rub myself on my iPad pre reading.

Am I able to jump in on Uncanny Avengers #1?the new issue today.

You should be able to since there's only two reoccurring members from the last run, but I haven't picked it up yet so I can't really say for sure.

And I'm sorry to hear about what happened at your shop. Sucks that someone makes your experience uncomfortable.

FF #2

"Is it true what I've heard Benjamin?"
"That when Johnny Storm died, valiantly facing an endless army..."
"Is it true that you, surrounded by crying children, weeping at the inevitable death of your close comrade and friend...is it true?"
"Is it true you just... watched?"
"How very brave."

So you are telling me Doom isn't a mutant made of ether?

:3

Ouch.

Owzers

If the people who run the comic shop won't keep people from taking my books out of my pre-order bag i would quit buying from them and join my future self in ordering from dcbs. We're keeping a spot open for you Messi.

Ohnonono

Though I haven't been going for too long my LCS is really nice. I don't think I come off as insulting but when I was asking for recommendations and told them I am not into super hero stuff they seemed to totally understand and helped me find some great stuff. One guy mentioned once that if the writers that I like from other comics hop into super hero stuff it may be worth checking out but that was really the extent of it. They seemed like they wanted to sell me what I wanted.

Owzers

Wayward #1 was alright, i wouldn't recommend you take it from someone's pull bag or anything unless it was sticking out more than halfway, but it had some potential despite being a tad slow. I didn't like the typical
young girl going down an alley with rapey undertones when confronted by guys with knives until she was saved by another character
. Random 5/10

Messi

Wayward #1 was alright, i wouldn't recommend you take it from someone's pull bag or anything unless it was sticking out more than halfway, but it had some potential despite being a tad slow. I didn't like the typical
young girl going down an alley with rapey undertones when confronted by guys with knives until she was saved by another character
. Random 5/10

Is that part of your new scale? Whether or not you would take it from a strangers pile.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Officially one month away from Ian Bertram Zero issue. Best believe I'm sniffing and tasting that issue.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
272.gif

I'm sure the story will still be fantastic.

Why're you worried--some lunkhead is just gonna snatch your copy from your pile and treat it like a fleshlight as you watch.

If the people who run the comic shop won't keep people from taking my books out of my pre-order bag i would quit buying from them and join my future self in ordering from dcbs. We're keeping a spot open for you Messi.

I'm just waiting for the next iPad Air to come out. Then I'm joining the digital revolution.

Top Bottom