• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Owzers

Silent_War_Vol_1_5_Textless.jpg

waiting for another Inhumans project to be this good.

Cade

Is anyone a diehard Charles Soule fan? He appears to be taking over approximately 80% of all comics writing jobs but I never see anyone placing him on lists or drooling over his output or lamenting his series being cancelled.

--
Also something about Bendis killing Slott. BvS. Batman v Superman. Follow the money. I am ludicrously tired right now.

Is anyone a diehard Charles Soule fan? He appears to be taking over approximately 80% of all comics writing jobs but I never see anyone placing him on lists or drooling over his output or lamenting his series being cancelled.

--
Also something about Bendis killing Slott. BvS. Batman v Superman. Follow the money. I am ludicrously tired right now.

He's a midcard workhorse basically. Writes decent comics and a lot of them so he's a good go-to guy when someone suddenly quits before they start

frye

He's a midcard workhorse basically. Writes decent comics and a lot of them so he's a good go-to guy when someone suddenly quits before they start

Maybe I'm just not reading the right stuff but it feels like most of the time people are just like "he's writing a dozen books! and they're not terrible!" Which, yeah sure that's cool but being dependably solid isn't that much of a draw unless he's paired with an artist I like a lot (She-Hulk, pretty much)

re: Cade: both the AV Club comics guys like him a lot

Cade

Saw the ASM spoiler and apparently it's not as big a deal as Rich made it out to be.

pm pls

Maybe I'm just not reading the right stuff but it feels like most of the time people are just like "he's writing a dozen books! and they're not terrible!" Which, yeah sure that's cool but being dependably solid isn't that much of a draw unless he's paired with an artist I like a lot (She-Hulk, pretty much)

re: Cade: both the AV Club comics guys like him a lot

I forget the AV club does comics stuff. Is it good? I only ever glance at some of their tv reviews

Messi

Is Hickman's Avengers getting an omnibus or is that hardcover vol 1 that's coming out in April the best I can hope for?

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
waiting for another Inhumans project to be this good.
You just sold me an Inhuman book by Frazer Irving I didn't knew about that's on MU, hopefully it's good. (Btw it's called Silent War)

Any other rec for Inhuman stuff? I actually dig the initial Kirby concept but there's not much beyond that afaik.

Cade

Spoiler was so unhype I'm actually negative hype for everything now. I'm going to need like... six Shenmue 3-to-a-thirsty-Shenmue-fan level announcements before I can feel any hype at all.

Drayco21

Well that was anti-climactic, especially without context.

It probably doesn't help everyone was expecting the Last Stand alt-future Spider to be revealed as him instead of Ezekiel when he was confirmed not Peter.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Well that was anti-climactic, especially without context.

It probably doesn't help everyone was expecting the Last Stand alt-future Spider to be revealed as him instead of Ezekiel when he was confirmed not Peter.

Wait, Ezekiel is back?!? Great, I loved him
:D

SRG01

Thanks for the spoiler :D

Also, what's this Operation: SIN that's coming out tomorrow? First I've heard about it...

Drayco21

Wait, Ezekiel is back?!? Great, I loved him
:D

Well...
he certainly was back for a couple issues. And we didn't know he was Ezekiel until the last one.

Thanks for the spoiler :D

Also, what's this Operation: SIN that's coming out tomorrow? First I've heard about it...

Agent Carter is coming out, quick make something that's like that but for 616 to pander to an audience that isn't buying books anyway!

SRG01

Agent Carter is coming out, quick make something that's like that but for 616 to pander to an audience that isn't buying books anyway!

Ahahaha, holy shit, that's probably true :D

... :(

Its a kinda Tie-In for Peggy Carter. More about her actions after WW2 with the newly founded SHIELD.

I think its a Mini?

The description seems a bit off... says that HYDRA was newly formed but it's been present since Red Skull in WWII, no?

Drayco21

Don't get how
An alternate Uncle Ben being one of the alternate Spider-Men breaks the internet exactly.

Either sensationalist posting from Bleeding Cool or, if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, maybe it was given in the form of "
Uncle Ben is alive again"
as opposed to
They meet an Uncle Ben who is a totem from another world in that world Morlun and the Inheritors can't chase them."

The former would surely make people go crazy. The latter clearly not so much.

arkon

Oh man, hopefully we'll see them tackling drug dealers like in Morbius. That's why I read this shit

motherf-

Actually I don't typically like his stuff either but I really liked those panels (colorsss)

Oh right. The cross-hatching made my eyes bleed

Top Bottom