• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
can we all agree Sinister is dope as shit?

2206137-ds_069_mrsinister_coloured_small.jpg

frye

pm pls

I forget the AV club does comics stuff. Is it good? I only ever glance at some of their tv reviews

Yeah, it's all right. I read it since one of the two guys is Tim O'Neil who's an old dude whose stuff I've read for years.

Man, I gotta never order statues from TFAW ever again. I always get FUCKED on shipping. $63 for that Art of War Cliff Chiang WW statue, and then $17 SHIPPING OMG WTF FFFFUUUUUUU

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im enjoying post Schism Uncanny X-Men reboot far more than anticipated, I might have to go back pre-Schism issues to see more of this namor/mags/colossus with juggernaut powers/magik team

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Agents of SHIELD #1 was quiete good. Very excited what is coming next for the series.

Still, I am not that sold on Comic Coulson...

Boogiepop

im enjoying post Schism Uncanny X-Men reboot far more than anticipated, I might have to go back pre-Schism issues to see more of this namor/mags/colossus with juggernaut powers/magik team

Again recommending Fear Itself: X-men in case you missed it. Fun, quick enough read (don't worry about the rest of the event).

My shipping is $32 pipe down. :/

I know I shouldn't freak out, I mean, I've paid upwards of $65 in shipping in the past when importing from Japan.... but it kind of annoys me with domestic retailers.

Messi, you getting that Kotobukiya 1/6 Wonder Woman? I can't wait to get mine this month. She's just a smidge over 12" tall.

Rhaknar

ok done with the Uncanny X-Men reboot (issues 1-10, 11 is part of AvX so not reading that yet) up to AvX, now onto Wolverine and the X-Men, which im excited for. After I catch up that book with AvX Ill go back to the event.

Quick note on Uncanny, Ive already said it, but I actually really liked it. Im sorry if its shit, but what can you do. I like the team, I like the dynamic, I like the art, its just a fun read imo. Also, this guy is awesome:

uxm009-p08.jpg

im hoping he's involved in AvX since he seems to know about the Phoenix

Messi

I know I shouldn't freak out, I mean, I've paid upwards of $65 in shipping in the past when importing from Japan.... but it kind of annoys me with domestic retailers.

Messi, you getting that Kotobukiya 1/6 Wonder Woman? I can't wait to get mine this month. She's just a smidge over 12" tall.

I hadn't even seen it before. I don't really keep up with non harley Kotobukiya stuff.

Biggest disappointment in comics last year for me had to be Andreyko on Batwoman.

Man knocks it out of the park with Kate Spencer's Manhunter so you figure he'd be a perfect choice for Batwoman right? Nah.

The Webs arc was average at best, the Wolf-Spider's identity was glaringly obvious but Andreyko couldn't resist dragging it out, and he doesn't bother to confirm what everyone knew because his previous plotlines have been put on hiatus for wacky space adventures with a cast that makes this look like a rejected Justice League Dark story.

I actually dropped it.

PsychBat!

Banned
Quick note on Uncanny, Ive already said it, but I actually really liked it. Im sorry if its shit, but what can you do. I like the team, I like the dynamic, I like the art, its just a fun read imo. Also, this guy is awesome:

uxm009-p08.jpg

im hoping he's involved in AvX since he seems to know about the Phoenix
Unit? Yeah..... I'm so sorry.

tim1138

The Young Avengers omnibus says "Once more with feels" on the back cover. I may return this unread to the library based on that alone.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The Young Avengers omnibus says "Once more with feels" on the back cover. I may return this unread to the library based on that alone.
I hope its good actually.... I really hated the Original Sin Tie-Ins...

Its a scandal that they still havent reintroduced Patriot in the book :(

Rhaknar

Wolverine and the X-Men #1 was amazing. Holy shit where to start, such good snappy writing, I fucking love Bachalo's art usually and this is some of his best work, the concept of the book is great (as much as I'm enjoying Cyke's "we are gods fear us" team, this is what the x-men are for me), Wolverine in a suit, Kitty, some sort of smart educated brood (lolwhut), Beast being fun Beast again, Gladiator's amazingly dickish son, Warbird (is this Lilandra's sister or some other character with the same name? I ask because there was also a Warbird in Captain Marvel and it wasn't Lilandra's sister), and even the board of education ininspectors were funny.

Just a great first issue and instant favorite. Is this still ongoing today?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Wolverine and the X-Men #1 was amazing. Holy shit where to start, such good snappy writing, I fucking love Bachalo's art usually and this is some of his best work, the concept of the book is great (as much as I'm enjoying Cyke's "we are gods fear us" team, this is what the x-men are for me), Wolverine in a suit, Kitty, some sort of smart educated brood (lolwhut), Beast being fun Beast again, Gladiator's amazingly dickish son, Warbird (is this Lilandra's sister or some other character with the same name? I ask because there was also a Warbird in Captain Marvel and it wasn't Lilandra's sister), and even the board of education ininspectors were funny.

No, since Wolverime is dead, thr series is canceled. There is now a Spider-Man and the X-Men series, were Spidey teaches at the Jean Grey School, which is kinda the replacement.

I can't help but love Broo, definitely my favorite character in that series.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No, since Wolverime is dead, thr series is canceled. There is now a Spider-Man and the X-Men series, were Spidey teaches at the Jean Grey School, which is kinda the replacement.

Seriously?

If it's anything like the last time he did that half the book will be him taking notes as the students explain to him how to solve every problem he's ever had with the greatest of ease, while the second half will be him accidentally putting the kids in dangerous situations as he spouts Uncle Ben maxims and saves them as they learn an important lesson. So basically it'll be awesome.

Awful first issue :(

How do you screw that concept up? It practically writes itself!

Zombine

Banned
Awful first issue :(

One of the dudes who works at my shop is an awesome judge for how good a book is based on his hype levels and enthusiasm for new releases on Wednesday, and when I asked him about it he was like "It was good...I mean it was an interesting first issue." And I was like "Nope it's shit. pass."

PsychBat!

Banned
And while ComicGAF's consensus on Waid's SHIELD ranged from "interesting" to "good", I thought it was mediocre and will probably continue to be that way for a bit. I'm sticking to the book but eh.

Can't wait until they publish the rest of Hickman's SHIELD. That stuff is so much fun.

One of the dudes who works at my shop is an awesome judge for how good a book is based on his hype levels and enthusiasm for new releases on Wednesday, and when I asked him about it he was like "It was good...I mean it was an interesting first issue." And I was like "Nope it's shit. pass."

I usually call books "interesting" when I don't really like them all that much and don't want to hurt the comics feelings.

Zombine

Banned
I usually call books "interesting" when I don't really like them all that much and don't want to hurt the comics feelings.

Back in the day when I was Teenage Mutant Ninja Zombine I thought everything was awesome. Now I'm more critical of media than I was when I was a kid.

Top Bottom