• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

tim1138

I cannot wait to get my hands on Absolute Batman Inc. I still need to get Absolute Batman and Robin, and DC needs to Absolute-ize the Batman portion of that run for completion sake.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
military funerals are...intense. But enough about sadness, SCIENCE! I mean, comics!

...didnt read any today :/ added some stuff to the queue tho as suggested, hopefully will get through some this weekend. putting AvX on hold because im off work for the next few days and Im "saving" AvX for work (aka I like to read good stuff at home lol)

I want to protect her and have her call me senpai.

vsughVY.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
xscience13.jpg

I need more Dr. Nemesis in my life, like...seriously. What else was he on besides X-Club and Uncanny?

Rhaknar

Cable and X-Force #1-16 (he has a science fight with Forge in one issue and it is awesome)
X-Force (2014) - the first arc is on MU

I love you and I love this thread's encyclopedic knowledge of comics

Oh yeah I was guna ask how did you guys feel about Death of Wolverine? Disregarding how stupid and trite death is now, I actually really liked how he went out. Nice, sweet and simple. Might've shed a little manly tear if it was like pre-1992. McNiven's a fuckin animal too (pun intended).

Oh yeah I was guna ask how did you guys feel about Death of Wolverine? Disregarding how stupid and trite death is now, I actually really liked how he went out. Nice, sweet and simple. Might've shed a little manly tear if it was like pre-1992. McNiven's a fuckin animal too (pun intended).

Did anyone buy Wolverines? Apparently the first issue came out this week.

Rhaknar

I just realized that kid with the sentinel in Avengers Academy is from this:

250px-SentinelTsunami1.jpg

I remember buying it (and not reading it as it was with most comics near the end before I just went cold turkey back in 03 or 04)

$3.99 weekly lol

Pretty much my reaction too. Still, between us all we must buy nearly all the books that come out. Even ComicGAF's Millionaire$ Club has its' limits it seems.

Man, if the ComicsGAF podcast had been a thing sooner we could've gotten some of that sweet sweet Deadpool backup feature money WE FUCKED UP GUYS. EVERYONE ELSE IN THE PODCAST GAME GOT THAT DEADPOOL MONEY, AND NOT US.

We fucked up. It should definitely still be a thing though.

How did Kipp manage to get an alt?

It's pretty funny actually. Every time Kipp explains his methods or gets scolded for something, I just kinda sink in my chair thinking "oh shit I do that too......."

Or maybe I actually am just Kipp who's finally free to be vulgar and swear excessively without judgement......... Fuck?

I have an excuse. I own 90% of it already.

Same here. Shame, really.

Also, DRM Free means no CMX. Is that Crackle reader or whatever good? I'd start considering more stuff like this if it was as good as CMX, even just for Fixed Width. I don't use Guided View anyway.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
lol. So Valiant put out an "oversized" omnibus but the pages were just the normal sized comic with large black borders?

That's pretty hilarious.
Although, the Criminal OHCs kinda did the same thing. I'm pretty sure the dimensions of the actual comics were standard comic size. There was a pretty large white border around the panels. I knew that before I bought it though and I don't care that much at all. I mostly bought the OHCs because they have great sewn bindings and lots of very nice bonus stuff.

It's pretty funny actually. Every time Kipp explains his methods or gets scolded for something, I just kinda sink in my chair thinking "oh shit I do that too......."

Or maybe I actually am just Kipp who's finally free to be vulgar and swear excessively without judgement......... Fuck?

Frugal bros.

See the rest of the paragraph, jeez.

I dunno, I just accept Comixology's reader as a necessary evil because they're the only game in town for most publishers, and Dark Horse's app is even worse. I don't know what Fixed Width even is, I just read the book as if it were an actual book.

It's more the downloading side I have an issue with. Every second book hangs at 8% and I have to reset, it's a pain in the arse. At least with Humble, it's make a folder on the SD card, drag and drop, auto-scan in Perfect Viewer, done.

I used Guided View once. I see the benefit for people who don't know how to follow a comic's layout, but for me it's useless and completely unnecessary.

Also, statue guys:
"I AM POWER.....INCARRRRNATE!!!"

That fucking price though. If I wasn't trying to build a PC, and it came with a mini-Thrall, I might be tempted.

Drayco21

Did anyone buy Wolverines? Apparently the first issue came out this week.

There's not a lot of Marvel books I don't end up reading.

I thought it was entertaining enough, but not strong enough to recommend to anyone. It has potential to go somewhere, if it spends enough time playing with the character dynamics.

I dunno, I just accept Comixology's reader as a necessary evil because they're the only game in town for most publishers, and Dark Horse's app is even worse. I don't know what Fixed Width even is, I just read the book as if it were an actual book.

It's more the downloading side I have an issue with. Every second book hangs at 8% and I have to reset, it's a pain in the arse. At least with Humble, it's make a folder on the SD card, drag and drop, auto-scan in Perfect Viewer, done.

I used Guided View once. I see the benefit for people who don't know how to follow a comic's layout, but for me it's useless and completely unnecessary.

Also, statue guys:
"I AM POWER.....INCARRRRNATE!!!"

That fucking price though. If I wasn't trying to build a PC, and it came with a mini-Thrall, I might be tempted.

Like, let me read it horizontal, zoomed in, with half the vertical page showing.

Anyone know if Chunky does that?

Nudull

Banned
I just realized that kid with the sentinel in Avengers Academy is from this:

250px-SentinelTsunami1.jpg

I remember buying it (and not reading it as it was with most comics near the end before I just went cold turkey back in 03 or 04)

Ah yes, during Marvel's ill-fated stint with manga-style comics (back then most other comic publishers were trying to ride the anime train and horribly failing in the process).

Future avatar potential for Kipp, Hellboy version of:

"Take no chances (no chances)
Stop freelancin' (right now)
Invest in your future,
Don't dilute your finances (uh huh)
401K, make sure it's low risk
Then get some real estate (how much?)
4.2% thirty year mortgage,
That's important, that's a great deal
And if you can't afford it,
Don't forge it on your last bill
Renting is for suckers right now
A dependable savings,
And you'll retire with money in your account.
Beast." - Kipp, 2015

I think I'm dropping Gotham academy. While the art is amazing the book itself doesn't really have me hooked to read the next issue. It would seriously make for a damn nice cartoon tho

Meanwhile wytches and Grayson springs up to take its place, got the first two issues of both

The top three single issues were all distributed through Loot Crate or Nerd Block.

Walking Dead being the only $2.99 book is just sad.

I own all the trades except for the Walking Dead ones, still waiting for that third Compendium. My first one is the only signed book I have, from when I met Charlie Adlard. That thing was not fun to hold in a queue.

Top Bottom