• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Who was a jerk to Zombine again?

Did the writer and the artist gang up on him?

I can't remember. I think it was the artist, but I'm not certain. Hence the vague usage of "Blacksad guy." Haha

no offense to J. Masters or anything. Its just the kind of difference that separates the fill-in artists from the guys handpicked by the greatest mainstream comic writer in the world for the last leg of his longest ongoing and his next personal project.

Morrison does have excellent taste in artists.

oh god this Marvel vs Capcom Squirrel Girl #4 cover

mvsc.png

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Did I miss that scene?
They kissed and that was not a choice.
Its been a couple of years since I read it and my english was much worser back then... Maybe I just got it wrong. Should buy it at some point anyway to complete the Sale/Loeb Batman Trilogie.

(I expect an announcement that they get an Omnibus/Deluxe Edition right after I have all...)

Bii

]http://www.emuparadise.me/MAME/select/mvsc.png

Mine!

I also like the cover of Justice League #36 with Cyborg and Shazam playing as themselves in a vs game. I actually picked that one up from my LCS for only $6.

Spider-Gwen Skottie Variant:

*urge to purchase floppies intensifies*

The thing I don't get is if you guys like the variant cover so much, why don't you just save the .jpg to your hard drive and call it a day? You can usually find the pic clean, with no logo to boot.

Also, got my Art of War Chiang Wonder Woman in the mail today. She looks great. I got 0798 out of 5200.

Oh yeah I was guna ask how did you guys feel about Death of Wolverine? Disregarding how stupid and trite death is now, I actually really liked how he went out. Nice, sweet and simple. Might've shed a little manly tear if it was like pre-1992. McNiven's a fuckin animal too (pun intended).

Disappointing, boring, and forced. There's been 1 single good issue to come out of the whole DoW and Logan Legacy, and all the tie ins. That issue was the Deadpool/Steve Rogers one. Everything else has been bad.

Dr. Strange Ongoing confirmed + Alonso teases new Young Avengers stuff for 2015! :D Since Marvel makes so many Non-White-dudes books at the Moment, I fully expect a Patriot book :D
Source: http://www.newsarama.com/23190-dr-s...iant-ant-man-shrinking-variant-in-action.html

Despite how much it bothers me that this is just another Ant-Man situation, I'm gunna try and be optimistic. Like Ant-Man, maybe it will actually surprise everyone and turn out to be super fucking good and most likely be better than the movie will be.
fucking cumberbatch ass motherfucker

Disappointing, boring, and forced. There's been 1 single good issue to come out of the whole DoW and Logan Legacy, and all the tie ins. That issue was the Deadpool/Steve Rogers one. Everything else has been bad.

waaaaaaaaah you didn't like those last couple panels?? It was so nice and sweet. (Oh I wasn't talking about the series as a whole when I said I liked it. Just literally those last couple pages.)

The thing I don't get is if you guys like the variant cover so much, why don't you just save the .jpg to your hard drive and call it a day? You can usually find the pic clean, with no logo to boot.

Oh I get you. I'm way more of a comic reader than a comic collector. I'm not buying this thing thinking it's going to make me loads of money in the future.

The only reason I'd really save pics to the computer is either screenshots (which Steam takes care of when I just want to show something funny to my friends, or just print screen for more high-res stuff) or wallpapers. Comic covers don't make good wallpapers, at least not without going into Photoshop and messing around with it, which I don't like doing since it's not my art (and yes, I realise my avatar makes me a hypocrite, but sadly I've had it so long I can't even remember the original image or who drew it).

Ideally I'd like an art book of all the Skottie Young variants, but since that's not going to happen I would like to own at least one of them someday.

Owzers

Also, got my Art of War Chiang Wonder Woman in the mail today. She looks great. I got 0798 out of 5200.

*waits another week for dcbs order to get wonder woman statue*

:(

Also, variant covers make the best ipad wallpaper.

Same reason people buy movies and posters and books and a billion other things: they like it and like owning a physical copy of it. IT'S ALL AESTHETICS BRO.

Messi

mvsc.png

As soon as I saw it, my brain started playing the Select Your Heroes music.

Kieron Gillen and Esad Ribic

Spider-Gwen Skottie Variant:

*urge to purchase floppies intensifies*

I am so down for those two variants.

Dr. Strange Ongoing confirmed + Alonso teases new Young Avengers stuff for 2015! :D Since Marvel makes so many Non-White-dudes books at the Moment, I fully expect a Patriot book :D
Source: http://www.newsarama.com/23190-dr-s...iant-ant-man-shrinking-variant-in-action.html

Omg yes! More young Avengers stuff! Gimme dat Kate.

Finally getting around to starting the Green Lantern cartoon on Netflix. I've watched a few episodes of this show before and really liked them, but it's about time I started going through the whole series.

Despite how much it bothers me that this is just another Ant-Man situation, I'm gunna try and be optimistic. Like Ant-Man, maybe it will actually surprise everyone and turn out to be super fucking good and most likely be better than the movie will be.
fucking cumberbatch ass motherfucker

waaaaaaaaah you didn't like those last couple panels?? It was so nice and sweet. (Oh I wasn't talking about the series as a whole when I said I liked it. Just literally those last couple pages.)

Ant Man suck? Adam McKay has literally never written a bad movie.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Yo, Ant-Man and Squirrel Girl were fucking fantastic this week. It's the year of the c-list super hero(ine) who talks to animals/things.

Zombine

Banned
Seriously guys fuck Destiny. I'm so tired of doing these level 26 strikes and everyone around me getting Legendaries and I get nothing.

Top Bottom