• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Where's my Animal Man.... :(

The Animal Fam. is just sleepin':

AnimalMan29-SMP.jpg
But man, remember those Lemire and Forman issues?

Only bwana beast exposure was in the JLU show. Just another reason it's the second best animated comic book show after Batman:TAS

Him chasing down piggy Dianna was a hoot

tim1138

Only bwana beast exposure was in the JLU show. Just another reason it's the second best animated comic book show after Batman:TAS

Him chasing down piggy Dianna was a hoot

They had a great B'Wana Beast arc on the Batman Brave and the Bold cartoon, and Morrison used him brilliantly in his Animal Man run.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Don't mind me, it's just a little dusty in here is all.
I definitely came around to that Animal Man Annual with Anansi and Cliff. Issue is heart-warming and heart-breaking.

After reading the agency and punisher I have concluded that Edmondson writes solid but ultimately dull action comics. There's nothing wrong with them structurally but I keep reading them and nothing ever pops, nothing ever has any energy to it. It's strange.

It's nice to have another Animal Man and B'Wana Beast fan here, geeks like it's just me and Filthy Slug who rep him.

Dude first Kirby, now Buddy and da B'WANA?!? What is it with this OT. Filled with nothin' but filthy casuals....
jk jk much love ta all y'all......but seriously wtf

I'm never getting a Constantine or Swamp Thing Pop, am I?

Holy shit wtf wtf wtf now I really want a Swamp Thing Pop. FUCK Baron. Now I gotta cry in the corner for a little bit.

tim1138

I definitely came around to that Animal Man Annual with Anansi and Cliff. Issue is heart-warming and heart-breaking.

True story, I bought last month's issue of Secret Origins for the sole fact it had a Lemire/Foreman Animal Man story in it. I didn't even care that it was only a recap of his solo book, it was just good to see those two collaborating on Animal Man again.

After reading the agency and punisher I have concluded that Edmondson writes solid but ultimately dull action comics. There's nothing wrong with them structurally but I keep reading them and nothing ever pops, nothing ever has any energy to it. It's strange.

I'd say that about Black Widow, cause that one always feels so downbeat.

Would anyone even remember Gwen if they had just replaced her with MJ and ignored her instead of killing her?
Nope. I was shocked when I did my Spidey read from the beginning and kept wondering "this is the character Peter keeps bringing up?" Guess it's like jason Todd. Better character dead then alive

no offense to J. Masters or anything. Its just the kind of difference that separates the fill-in artists from the guys handpicked by the greatest mainstream comic writer in the world for the last leg of his longest ongoing and his next personal project.

I can't believe you'd "no offense" the man who drew X-Men 100th Anniversary

oh god this Marvel vs Capcom Squirrel Girl #4 cover

mvsc.png

Even if i'm not reading the book by this time... i have to buy this

Filthy Slug

Yeah they were both good, glad you enjoyed both of em too.

And I promise guys, I'll actually read through the rest of Animal Man eventually

Yeah, I'm giving Spencer a second chance as a writer after Superior Foes. He's doing great work lately, so hopefully he keeps up the momentum. Also, I have a feeling the Ant-Man book is going to be better than the movie, but who knows at this point.

Oh. My. God

harley-roller-pop-01_1.png

Freeza tell me when and how I can have this

I'll have my people look into it.

Edit: No real info on it except that Australian site seems to have it in stock. Don't do it, Messi. Shipping would kill you. Give it a dew days, I'm sure pre-orders will go up at the usual sites.

Owzers

well Comics-Gaf, it's that time we all fear, when our stacks of comics pile up and we have to redeem digital codes. If i don't see the end of this it's been fun here.

Yeah, I'm giving Spencer a second chance as a writer after Superior Foes. He's doing great work lately, so hopefully he keeps up the momentum. Also, I have a feeling the Ant-Man book is going to be better than the movie, but who knows at this point.
People always say he's kind of a mediocre writer but I really love Superior Foes so I'm willing to give any future projects a chance until he lets me down. I'm hoping that Image book he and Lieber will be doing actually comes out at least.
well Comics-Gaf, it's that time we all fear, when our stacks of comics pile up and we have to redeem digital codes. If i don't see the end of this it's been fun here.
I need to do that. I might be doing a giveaway this weekend lol

Top Bottom