• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

I really want to get back to Silver Surfer. I dropped it at 3 issues. Who here is reading Rocket still. With Scottie, just on writing duties, I think I may just drop it.

Owzers

I really want to get back to Silver Surfer. I dropped it at 3 issues. Who here is reading Rocket still. With Scottie, just on writing duties, I think I may just drop it.

Rocket's best issue was the first, Surfer's best issue was one of the recent ones. Rocket had one decent issue with fill-in art, the groot story-time side story, recent issue was drop-worthy. I haven't dropped Rocket yet but it's future looks like MU.

Messi

Rocket's best issue was the first, Surfer's best issue was one of the recent ones. Rocket had one decent issue with fill-in art, the groot story-time side story, recent issue was drop-worthy. I haven't dropped Rocket yet but it's future looks like MU.

The most recent issue was terrrrrrrrrrible.

Hellers

I read Squirrel Girl while I was getting my car serviced the morning. Squirrel Girl is love and is the comic of the year and will be moreso next issue when she goes up against you know who.

Absolutely awesome.

Owzers

Continuing to have Invincible Ultimate Collection OHC vol 1-7 on my shelf bugs me knowing i am probably not going to keep buying the new editions.

Zombine

Banned
IGN gives the worst reviews for comics ever. Those fuckers gave my Ant-Man an 8.6.

I think that's fair, right? It was a great story that didn't re-invent the wheel or anything. It was a slice of life story that heavily riffed on what has made Daredevil and Hawkeye so successful.

Zombine

Banned
Will there also be new trades with the new art for Batman Inc.?

I have a feeling that like what they did to The Killing Joke, future editions of those will have the new art.

Edit: Best part about Ant-Man? Beetle. I have never seen a character transition so well from a book in my life. It's almost like Lieber wrote her for those pages.

Bii

Some of you guys are too lenient with books. If you don't like it just drop it. Got no time for books I'm not fully enjoying.

I concur.

I've dropped books left and right over the course of the past few months. Feels good man. Though I still feel like I'm making room for other series that are debuting this year.

Zombine

Banned
One of the things I will be more cautious of is Marvel's "NOW" reveals where they take some B llist character and then give them a great artist and a poor to fair writer and then ride the book into the ground and cancel it. I don't have any more time for quirky books that end up being shite after 3 issues because someone leaves.

Messi

One of the things I will be more cautious of is Marvel's "NOW" reveals where they take some B llist character and then give them a great artist and a poor to fair writer and then ride the book into the ground and cancel it. I don't have any more time for quirky books that end up being shite after 3 issues because someone leaves.

What books burned you like this?

Is Iron Fist still going? I hated those first two issues.
Iron Fist has had the same writer and artist this whole time?
Issue #8 came out this week and Kaare's been on it the whole time.

IRONFIST2014008-DC11-fee28.jpg

Some of you guys are too lenient with books. If you don't like it just drop it. Got no time for books I'm not fully enjoying.

The most important thing you can learn.

"I guess I'll keep buying it until this story arc is over
lupe1.png
"

"I love this character too much, I have to support her
lupe1.png
"

"Its free on Marvel Unlimited I guess
lupe1.png
"

"I think Hickman's going somewhere with this I'mma give it a few more issues shit is about to go down in a year's worth of comics
lupe1.png
"

"Can't have holes in my collection of comics I don't enjoy anymore
lupe1.png
"

STOP IT SLIME!
Life is too short for boring/bad/uninteresting comics.

tim1138

You need to start pulling Surfer again, that book is just a treat month in and month out.

Messi

lupe1.png
"

lupe1.png
"

lupe1.png
"

"I think Hickman's going somewhere with this I'mma give it a few more issues shit is about to go down in a year's worth of comics
lupe1.png
"

lupe1.png
"

STOP IT SLIME!

Dats me!

tim1138

lupe1.png
"

lupe1.png
"

lupe1.png
"

lupe1.png
"

lupe1.png
"

STOP IT SLIME!

Yup, if a book sucks fuck it, it's being dropped. I've got no time to fool around buying crap I don't enjoy.

Messi

Yup, if a book sucks fuck it, it's being dropped. I've got no time to fool around buying crap I don't enjoy.

How many copies of every issue of Nocenti's Catwoman do you own again? Or the Death of the Family Suicide Squad tie ins? Two? Three? Four?

I own all the singles and the trades (cant be having gaps in the collection), I think over half digitally (I dropped it there first) I own the Death of the family issues digitally and singles (I got them for a $ each)

Messi's the exception to the character love rule. His love of Catwoman is too pure to hate on. Plus, his posts every month on how much he hated Nocenti's writing were great.

tim1138

I own all the singles and the trades (cant be having gaps in the collection), I think over half digitally (I dropped it there first) I own the Death of the family issues digitally and singles (I got them for a $ each)

I will never understand why anyone does that to themselves.

I read Squirrel Girl while I was getting my car serviced the morning. Squirrel Girl is love and is the comic of the year and will be moreso next issue when she goes up against you know who.

Absolutely awesome.

It was quite good. So were Ant-Man and Deadly Class.

This was a good week for comics.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
There was probably a time when it was easier to justify buying books that you've tired of or declined in quality, but I don't know how you do it nowadays. Drop the mediocre books, especially the superhero stuff and put your time and money into quality comics elsewhere.

Will there also be new trades with the new art for Batman Inc.?

Eventually, almost definitely. Absolute Final Crisis featured some additional pages that were ultimately included in a paperback new edition. I wouldn't expect this stuff to remain locked away in the Absolute, there will very likely be new trade editions within a year or two.

Zombine

Banned
With all of this said, is there anyone here that dropped a book after a certain run, and refuse to recognize the character after that? I know some of you guys probably fell off X-Men after Morrison's run.

Messi

Lets all take a moment to re-calibrate our quality meters by looking at these classic panels from Suicide Squad's Death of the Family tie ins.

jokerharley16.jpg

tumblr_ncpmrc2DKS1trs3dpo6_500.png

suicidesquad15-3upzrm.jpg

CLASSIC.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Who got Rosita pregnant in The Walking Dead? Has it been revealed yet?

Also, I love these 'Whisperers'

Top Bottom