• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

At the very least I'll pick up volume 1 and see how I feel about it.

Oh, btw guys I'm still amazing at Destiny PVP. 29 kills 4.89 K/D. Of course we won.

B680DdtIcAACOaA.jpg

Brilliant. I'm sort of pissed there is no real MLG to speak of for Destiny, because I'm pretty sure we could destroy. I switched over to armor based Sunsinger and it's just been complete domination on control.

Defender Titan with Max Armor, Scout Rifle and Shotgun. Since the change, my k/d has shot through the roof.

My wife ask me how I can still enjoy the game and my answer is, I'm good at it. The most fun I have had in a multiplayer shooter ever. The gunplay is unmatched.

My wife ask me how I can still enjoy the game and my answer is, I'm good at it. The most fun I have had in a multiplayer shooter ever. The gunplay is unmatched.

Bro you should totes join my 2005ish era Unreal Tournament 2004 Vehicle Capture the Flag Clan. Just don't get mad when all we play is the VCTF-Streets map.

Zombine

Banned

Yeah but you know what pisses me off? That fucked up RNG. No reward for playing well.

If you carry a team you deserve to be compensated for it. Not the guy who goes AFK or .30 who gets the exotic.

Yeah but you know what pisses me off? That fucked up RNG. No reward for playing well.

If you carry a team you deserve to be compensated for it. Not the guy who goes AFK or .30 who gets the exotic.

I have 13 days and 22 hours playtime. I have every weapon that I want in the game except a Ballerhorn.

Campaigning on a Welfare Exotics reform platform is a sure fire way to lose the election, bro.

Btw guys, I'm 120 miles away from home at Continuing Education and it's pretty boring so I'm gonna need you guys to constantly talk in here to keep me company.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man this Final Execution arc on Uncanny X-Force is dire as shit

If I could, I would pay them their stupid $250 fee and stay home. It's a joke, you don't learn anything. My manager is next to me with one ear bud in his ear watching Netflix.

That's pretty hilarious.

You been pulling / reading Batman / Superman lately? This "Superman's Joker" stuff has been really good so far.

Wow. Star Wars is $5? So sick of this bullshit.

Like it wasn't going to be $5

The Marvel Method (tm)

I have not. What issue does it start, I might buy it here and read it.

Batman/Superman #16

Also I saw you mention JLU. Last I read you were middling on it. That improve or something? My thoughts have been that it's nice to see Lemire playing with characters he seems to enjoy but he really should have done it outside of a team book because everyone is getting so little face time. Though, as a Legion Fan, it was great to see the Legion Lost team brought back into play.

Batman/Superman #16

Also I saw you mention JLU. Last I read you were middling on it. That improve or something? My thoughts have been that it's nice to see Lemire playing with characters he seems to enjoy but he really should have done it outside of a team book because everyone is getting so little face time. Though, as a Legion Fan, it was great to see the Legion Lost team brought back into play.

The last few issues have really geled everything together. It's really got that feel of Uncanny X-Force with the themes of save the kid vs killing the kid. It does have a huge cast of characters but he has been handling it well.

The last few issues have really geled everything together. It's really got that feel of Uncanny X-Force with the themes of save the kid vs killing the kid. It does have a huge cast of characters but he has been handling it well.

Yeah I'm a huge fan of thought experiments and questions of morality vs. pragmatism. One of the interesting things is that the Legion has often been a little too idealistic. They so embodied the best of the Superman Ideals, that it'd get them into trouble or make things way harder than it needed to be. They had a huge debate on whether or not to use lethal force against Superboy Prime, during Legion of 3 Worlds and decided it was more important to stick to their beliefs. So it's been enjoyable, for me, seeing them dealing with that in regards to Ultra.

On Batman/Superman, you really should read it. I think you'll enjoy it. It's only two issues at the moment.

man this Final Execution arc on Uncanny X-Force is dire as shit
Love that arc, it was a great send off for the run. If you want more, read Uncanny Avengers after you finish AvX.
Man I didn't need to see this, UXF is my shit...

Guys. Buying myself some marvel trades next week. It's been awhile though, and the last batch I bought (Infinity OHC, Hickman Avengers & Thor volumes 1 &2) had unbelievably poor paper stock. The pages were so thin you could almost see through them and they warped almost as soon as the books were opened. Is this still an issue? I'd like to think it was an issue that was rectified, but suspect the reality is it's a move by marvel on purpose to save $. Only thing giving me pause right now. Anyone who has bought marvel trades recently, interested in your opinions as to the quality.

Owzers

Cancelled my MU sub before it auto-renewed, will probably sign up again when the next annual deal rolls around. This time i'm totally going to read through my immediate backlog before signing up again.

Warped pages in trades are annoying....

Messi

Cancelled my MU sub before it auto-renewed, will probably sign up again when the next annual deal rolls around. This time i'm totally going to read through my immediate backlog before signing up again.

Warped pages in trades are annoying....

It breaks my heart when I see this.

PsychBat!

Banned
Stayed up the entire night reading Hickman's FF and Fantastic Four. Gotta love the very few tidbits they mention about SHIELD. In fact, I'm gonna reread that too... well after I sleep for a couple of hours.

I couldn't sleep last night so I opened up Joe the Barbarian and read the first 2 issues and so far so good. Sean Murphy has absolutely blacked out so far. You just have to stop and appreciate every panel and scene. Can't wait to finish it when I'm home.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im super curious about the next Uncanny X-Force book tho, the one with Spiral (fuck yeah Spiral) and Puck (fuck yeah Puck) in it, but im afraid it will be shit since nobody talks about it :/

damn, y'all are good at Destiny. I'm pretty trash at it but i have fun still, unless it's Rumble in which case i get super stressed because it's a constant reminder of how shit i am at it

im super curious about the next Uncanny X-Force book tho, the one with Spiral (fuck yeah Spiral) and Puck (fuck yeah Puck) in it, but im afraid it will be shit since nobody talks about it :/

I read the first issue of the Sam Humphries run and didn't like it. I don't think I've heard anything good about the book in general honestly. I always see lots of complaints about the writing and characters, especially with how it handles Psylocke and Fantomex. I dunno anything about Cable & The X-Force, I decided to tap out on X-Force after Marvel Now.

I've heard good things about the current X-Force book by Simon Spurrier, but I'm not a fan of the art so I haven't read any of it.

Cable and X-Force is pretty okay. Nothing real amazing it's fairly entertaining enough, and Salvador Larroca draws it competently. It's so goddamn okay.

Rhaknar

Cable and X-Force is pretty okay. Nothing real amazing it's fairly entertaining enough, and Salvador Larroca draws it competently. It's so goddamn okay.

I read the first issue of the Sam Humphries run and didn't like it. I don't think I've heard anything good about the book in general honestly. I always see lots of complaints about the writing and characters, especially with how it handles Psylocke and Fantomex. I dunno anything about Cable & The X-Force, I decided to tap out on X-Force after Marvel Now.

I've heard good things about the current X-Force book by Simon Spurrier, but I'm not a fan of the art so I haven't read any of it.

Cable & The X-Force is after AvX?

ElNarez

Banned

It's weird. So after Remender's UXF, they branch X-Force into two books. Cable and X-Force, by Hopeless and Larroca, is a pretty decent throwback to the 90s, while Uncanny, by Humphries and Garney is a book that tries to do weird shit with characters. Neither are that memorable, but they're not really shit either. And at least they brought back the Storm mohawk.

e: The Psylocke / Fantomex shit in the Humphries run is literally the only thing I remember about it, and I kinda dug it for just how nuts it got.

I think there really is no right answer in any of the art debate because of the subjective nature of the medium.
I agree with you to an extent.I think people tend to label a style of art they don't like as shitty (look at how much hate the squirrel girl series is getting), but there are fundamental elements that are shared by most well regarded artwork.

For a certain level of comics I think it is sustainable. It's why you see a lot of RoW artists for the mid tier comics. I'm not saying it's right but it's a way for these artists to get recognized in the industry and then move on to works that will pay them much better than your typical monthly title. It's an unfortunate reality of the relatively small size of the industry compared to others that a dozen hungry writers and artists will work for peanuts just for the chance at Super star status.
Im not sure what you meanby RoW artists. I tend to like rotating artists on a title if its going to be monthly if they have similar strengths like Paolo Rivera and Marcos Martin did on Daredevil. I think that allows for a bit of healthy competition between artists and the consumer benefits while the artists get more of a breakbetween issues or more time for them

Messi

List of hipsters, troll warriors and space travelling hotties.

Batgirl #38
Batman Eternal #41
Grayson #6
Copperhead #5
Rat Queens Braga one shot #1
Shutter #8
All new Captain America #3
Captain Marvel #11
Deadpool #40
Ultimate Miles-Man #9
Silver Surfer #8
Spider-Verse #2

Damn.

1) you guys should play some destiny with me PSN:TheSlightConfuse

2) hickmans east of west is pretty good so far. Finished first 2 trades and am on to the third. Some great world building . Basically hickmans take on the dark tower

Im not sure what you meanby RoW artists. I tend to like rotating artists on a title if its going to be monthly if they have similar strengths like Paolo Rivera and Marcos Martin did on Daredevil. I think that allows for a bit of healthy competition between artists and the consumer benefits while the artists get more of a breakbetween issues or more time for them

Rest of World. You see a lot of artists come out of places like South America. They're likely willing to work for peanuts to get their foot in the door.

Top Bottom