• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2015. So many variants you'd swear it's 1995 instead.

Zombine

Banned
Too good?

Her awesome butt had him all like

sweaty-man-cartoon-230x300.jpg

Effect

Amazon owns Comixology, so you'll be giving them the dough regardless. I'd go for CMX, though Amazon can have crazy price errors (got Harley Quinn: Hot in the City and Batman Eternal Volume 1 for under £1 a few weeks ago).

Older releases tend to be panel-by-panel only, I bought Transformers Spotlight: Optimus Prime and it's one panel per page.

Thanks everyone.

So there shouldn't be a problem with newer releases. Both versions should pretty much operate the same way?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Lol scan it and we'll make it a site and post shit monthly. Throw up some ad's and maybe we can make some cash on it lol

But for real, you better write up a script. The more I think about it, the more hyped I am to draw this. It'll be so bad and it'll be such excellent fun. I'll make sure I have a bit to drink before I start drawing so that I can properly set the tone of the comic.
Oh, and if you choose to write up a quick little script, you could probably do two pages instead of one if one is too limiting. I'll be drawing at a manic speed and with total disregard for anatomy, so two pages shouldn't be too bad.

And good call. This is how I start making Zombine-level money. Future baller right here.

PsychBat!

Banned
Reading SHIELD again.

Oh my.... I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR THE LAST ISSUE!

I want to see how it will connect. We saw glimpses
of the city abandoned in New Avengers and in FF
. I want to see how.

Kipp

Yep that's golden. Who is it that inks? Is it foxtrot?

Edit: lol try making the eyes more alien.

Not sure if serious about the inks, but I just drew it on my drawing tablet. Straight from my talented hand to your eyeballs.

And good call on the eyes.

Kipp

Where is kipp lol

Kipp thought drawing a dog would be difficult and wanted to save his effort for the real deal. Can't waste a dog drawing on concept art. Plus, gotta give the people something to look forward to, you know?

Anyone here reading Spider-Verse and all the tie-ins? I really wasn't planning on reading any of the tie-ins at all, but the last issue I felt every few panels there was an editors note saying "continued in Spider-Woman #2" or something. Are they worth it? I feel like all the actual story is happening in the tie-ins, where as the main book has been some plot, but no details?

Or is this just Marvel being greedy and the tie-ins are just horribly written shit? Either way I kinda want the event to be over soon. I liked the Edge of Spider-Verse one shot's way more for the most part. Speaking of those, I hope the Spider-Gwen series takes place in her original universe and she isn't stuck in 616.

Messi

How's this for stupidity. I am really hyped for the MKX comic. I seen it on previews world listed as coming out this Wednesday. I didn't realize it was digital first and has been out for two weeks already. Lol. Now boon. Please bring back Frost.

--

I am reading the SV tie ins. I am really enjoying them as it feels like this is the point of this event. Seeing the odd team ups. Nothing has been really awful and some have been really good. You could wait for the trade I suppose.

Drayco21

No, definitely not.
Im sorry if I offended any squirrelites out there, this is my first time reading anything with squirrel girl in it meaning that i just don't like the character.

I fucking love Squirrel Girl.

This books is awful.

Anyone here reading Spider-Verse and all the tie-ins? I really wasn't planning on reading any of the tie-ins at all, but the last issue I felt every few panels there was an editors note saying "continued in Spider-Woman #2" or something. Are they worth it? I feel like all the actual story is happening in the tie-ins, where as the main book has been some plot, but no details?

Or is this just Marvel being greedy and the tie-ins are just horribly written shit? Either way I kinda want the event to be over soon. I liked the Edge of Spider-Verse one shot's way more for the most part. Speaking of those, I hope the Spider-Gwen series takes place in her original universe and she isn't stuck in 616.

Spider-Woman is awful.
Spider-Man 2099 is fantastic.
Scarlet Spiders is pretty good.
Spider-Verse Team-Up and Spider-Verse are both okay, but kinda forgettable and really only there to kill off more alt universe spider-men.

Main story is happening in ASM, I'm not picking the tie ins but I do plan to pick up the Spider-Verse hardcover that will include everything.

Also they already said Spider-Gwen would take place in her own universe.

I'll probably end up trade waiting for the tie-ins, feels a bit late to get them at this point. But yeah, just kinda disappointed with how the event is going I guess. I like some parts of it, but I guess I just feel like I'm missing out on too much by not reading the tie-ins.

In other topics, just read Angela issue 2 and man am I glad I picked up the first issue based on the cover art alone. This stuff is really good! I'm surprised too, because I stopped reading Thor when Gillen started righting it after JMS. Was that run similar to Angela? Maybe I just didn't have the taste for it back then. I think I've also heard that his Journey Into Mystery was pretty good too, ja? I'll have to look into those.

Owzers

I'm questioning how much i liked Wonder Woman to begin with now that i've read issues 17-22 and it's still about this dumb baby. What's this baby done? Nothing, it hasn't even talked yet.

Speaking of characters no one cares about, is Hope still a thing with the X-men?

Messi

I'm questioning how much i liked Wonder Woman to begin with now that i've read issues 17-22 and it's still about this dumb baby. What's this baby done? Nothing, it hasn't even talked yet.

Speaking of characters no one cares about, is Hope still a thing with the X-men?

I hope you like
the baby if you are gonna keep going.

ever since AvX she's been relegated to appearing only in Cable's X-Force books.

Seems like she was the young Jean Grey and now that Bendis brought back the actual young Jean Grey they took Hope to the farm.

There is no place for her in the current X-Men lineup. At least she won't be completely forgotten in the corner like all the other "new young mutants" that each new writer introduces.

MG310

There is no place for her in the current X-Men lineup. At least she won't be completely forgotten in the corner like all the other "new young mutants" that each new writer introduces.

Have to have some murder fodder around for the next big threat to mutantkind.

But for real, you better write up a script. The more I think about it, the more hyped I am to draw this. It'll be so bad and it'll be such excellent fun. I'll make sure I have a bit to drink before I start drawing so that I can properly set the tone of the comic.
Oh, and if you choose to write up a quick little script, you could probably do two pages instead of one if one is too limiting. I'll be drawing at a manic speed and with total disregard for anatomy, so two pages shouldn't be too bad.

Just to be clear.......this shit is happening right?

Top Bottom