• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an assortment of scans from both Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 of the Lovecraft Anthologies. I kept didn't want to resize them too much so I'm doing thumbnails:

ElNarez

Banned
I think they're written boring.

Waid can turn it around.

Yeah, like he turned around Daredevil from boring to the best to boring again.

Or like he turned Hulk from bad to bad and boring.

Seriously, not to belabor the point, but if his playing around the Marvel toybox is in any way similar to the kind of things he did in Hulk -which I'm inclined to believe they will because that was all about S.H.I.E.L.D. and playing around-, it's gonna be a boring fucking book.

Birdie literally the only Waid Hulk Agent of SHIELD fan on NeoGAF. I just couldn't with that book, and now you got these lame-os from the TV show nobody actually likes...

ElNarez

Banned
I just read the first 8 chapters of Daredevil (Waid). They were rather... brilliant.

Oh man can't wait for you to get to the wet fart of a crossover leading to the wet fart of a conclusion leading to the wet fart of pretty much the rest of the run. It's all downhill from there.

If you liked what you saw, spend your time reading The Private Eye instead.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Birdie literally the only Waid Hulk Agent of SHIELD fan on NeoGAF. I just couldn't with that book, and now you got these lame-os from the TV show nobody actually likes...

They could not even translate beloved Characters like Coulson or black Furry good to the comics, I wonder how awful those will be...

PsychBat!

Banned
MAR75THMAG-COV-f0b65-30ff9.jpg
Damn it LAND!

Oh man can't wait for you to get to the wet fart of a crossover leading to the wet fart of a conclusion leading to the wet fart of pretty much the rest of the run. It's all downhill from there.

If you liked what you saw, spend your time reading The Private Eye instead.

The Private Eye does seem interesting. Will read it once it is comeplete.

As for Daredevil, I am reading it on Marvel Unlimited. Will drop it if it gets bad, I have quite a bit in my backlog anyway.

phoenixyz

Finally read this weeks comics
Batman Eternal #16 While the Arkham storyline has me hooked, the other one is just lame at the moment. Harper is such an annoying character. The only interesting thing about her is the relationship with her brother.

Trees #3 I guess this would read much better in trade, because just like East of West, nothing much is happening in a single issue.

Secret Origins #4 The Green Arrow portion was beyond awesome. Especially the art. Although I have never read any Green Arrow before. The Harley portion was... well, nice, but forgettable. Damians part stood out mainly because of the Ian Bertram art.

Batman and Robin #33 sogood.gif I hope they don't stretch this arc out unnecessarily and kill it's momentum.

Supreme Blue Rose #1 I am so on board. They had me at
"Jingpo Lacus, near Kraken Mare, in the north of Titan. Liquid hydrocarbons lapping under Saturn tides."

Batman #33 Wow, what an ending. Dem feels. Comic book of the month right there. Nothing more to say.

Saga #21 Soo... Next issue shit is probably going to hit the fan, right? Good issue nonetheless, but "good" is kinda disappointing for Saga.

Who wouldn't wanna rub and smell
Richard
?
That one got me good.

I've never seen any of Star Wars.
What does that even mean?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Daredevil by Mark Waid
Hawkeye
Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender
Avengers Arena
Journey Into Mystery by Kieron Gillen
Young Avengers by Kieron Gillen (sort-of sequel to Journey Into Mystery)
Immortal Iron Fist
X-Factor by Peter David
Wolverine and the X-Men by Jason Aaron

Also

Spider-Man/Human Torch
Incredible Hercules
Silver Surfer : Requiem
Greg Rucka's The Punisher

thankyou both

I wish there was an easier way to add shit to my Library on MU. I really have to go through every issue and click a slow Javascript 'Add to Library' button or am I missing something?

Tizoc

Help me catch up with Supreme please: I remember reading the few issues that were written by Alan Moore
where Dax and the all his alternate versions attack the Supremes, then afterwards Liefeld Supreme returns, after that I think it went on hiatus or something?

Help me catch up with Supreme please: I remember reading the few issues that were written by Alan Moore
where Dax and the all his alternate versions attack the Supremes, then afterwards Liefeld Supreme returns, after that I think it went on hiatus or something?
It didn't it got canceled on a cliffhanger :(

Messi

I went to B&N for the DC sale and bought:

Batman Black Mirror
Batman & Son New Edition
Harley Quinn - Mad Love

Black Mirror was free I believe. I also bought Coffin Hill vol 1 in a different shop. Not sure why. I just did it.

I wanted Catwoman Vol 3 Under Pressure, but they were sold out. Would have gotten that with Long Halloween and Dark Victory, alas they were out of everything Catwoman sans Nocenti bullshit.

Never. There have been Annuals that WERE event books (EVOLUTIONARY WAR YO) but never, NEVER this.

BUT.

It's Latour so it will rule.

Haha. I'm not judging quality. I'm flabberghasted by the idea. It's a strangely poetic if unintentional commentary on the status of the event book within our superhero reading habits.

I went to B&N for the DC sale and bought:

Something something something

Have you watched Star Wars yet?

Except Man of Steel wasn't a documentary, it was fiction. And it's not like he's bad at his job, he's not doing it at all. he doesn't even try to save anyone and saving people is what defines Superman. At least for me, Superman is not about super strength, invulnerability or heat vision, but rather using your powers (whatever they are) to help others. Not because you messed up and a cosmic maniac is going to kill everyone for that or someone made you do it, but because it's the right thing to do.

He has to get there, he doesn't just start out perfect day one. Even in a work of fiction. Making your character perfect from the get go makes them unrelatable. He's barely used his powers, and now suddenly has to fight off a bunch of warriors who are hell bent on destruction and killing you. I'm not expecting miracles the first time out.

Plus HOW MAN FUCKING TIMES in the comics has Metropolis seen similar levels of destruction. All the fucking time, don't give me that he always takes it to the moon or remote location bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom