• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Superman cover is awesome BTW.

BsjCLZSCEAEpb50.jpg

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
looking at his stuff... he's a pretty good choice for keeping the style generally consistent

Damion Scott is incredible. If it's the same fucking abominable writing, though, it ain't worth it. Ghost Rider is an art book disguised as a story.

Wool

I just want to say how crazily good X-force by Simon Spurrier has turned out. It's the antithesis of the previous bullcrap from Sam Humphries.

The last issue was soooo good. Every character on the team is going through the most fucked up shit. I love it.

MartyStu

That Supergirl October Solicit is looking pretty awesome.

Red Hood and Kara always seemed like a good 'World's Angriest' fit. But whats this about
Jason being on Venom.
Wat?

man the court of owls is a great story arc :)

Also about the new Batgirl Costume for me it is just a terrible costume becomes a less terrible costume

which is still semi terrible

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Yo, Zombine, did you miss my post on the last page?
I finished your Cthulhu graphic novel concept art.

On a separate note, I'm super excited because when I get back from work today, I'm going to start reading Big Damn Sin City.

Justice League Beyond 2.0 continues to be so much fun. We have Diana back now and I can't wait to see how that dynamic between her
and her son, Zod
, evolves.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
That's wonderful! It's even more fitting because my book was about Cthulhu's rise as a fashion model in Paris.

What a perfect coincidence! That sounds like a thrilling book. Does it involve a subplot of Cthulhu learning to be happy with his body the way it is, no matter what other people say?
And please tell me he ends up hitting it off with that shy and nerdy but also cute in a way recent fashion school graduate and apprentice to that horribly mean designer that makes all the best clothes. And also he better beat the odds and win the pageant at the end.

Zombine

Banned
What a perfect coincidence! That sounds like a thrilling book. Does it involve a subplot of Cthulhu learning to be happy with his body the way it is, no matter what other people say?
And please tell me he ends up hitting it off with that shy and nerdy but also cute in a way recent fashion school graduate and apprentice to that horribly mean designer that makes all the best clothes. And also he better beat the odds and win the pageant at the end.

All of that needs to be in tags. You just summarized the book.

Messi

man the court of owls is a great story arc :)

Also about the new Batgirl Costume for me it is just a terrible costume becomes a less terrible costume

which is still semi terrible

This is just wrong. Batgirls current costume is so bloody generic. The new one is something different and from what I can tell it has become very well liked.

This is just wrong. Batgirls current costume is so bloody generic. The new one is something different and from what I can tell it has become very well liked.

Did you post that to your tumblr?

Her new costume doesn't look like it'd hold up under a light breeze let alone punches, knives or gunfire.

That is a concern, her last costume looked like it offered more protection. Which makes sense for a character that has no super powers. Batgirl's new look, from a design standpoint, is really nice, and something different. From a function standpoint it'd get her killed with in a week.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Speaking of costumes, where do you think both Marvel and DC superheroes get their costumes from? Do organisations like the Avengers have factories to churn them out? I imagine that they get torn up fairly regularly, and even if not I doubt that someone would want to wear a skin-tight outfit every day without washing it. I guess Batman probably has something in place to manufacture his own, but what about Spider-man? Or villains, for that matter. How can they afford to keep getting suits made, and where do they get them from?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Speaking of costumes, where do you think both Marvel and DC superheroes get their costumes from? Do organisations like the Avengers have factories to churn them out? I imagine that they get torn up fairly regularly, and even if not I doubt that someone would want to wear a skin-tight outfit every day without washing it. I guess Batman probably has something in place to manufacture his own, but what about Spider-man? Or villains, for that matter. How can they afford to keep getting suits made, and where do they get them from?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leo_Zelinsky

Most of them are selfmade anyway.

MartyStu

Who is reading Avengers Undercover?

Whats this I hear about Alex from Runaways coming back? Clearly I need to pick up this and Arena.

Don't know about everyone else, but Spider-Man usually makes his own outfits.

I'm going to say it. Sam Humphries is a hack. He only gained popularity because of that bizarre / shiity "Our Love Is Real" comic he made.
I agree with you and pretty much everyone else will also nod their heads in agreement.

The last issue was soooo good. Every character on the team is going through the most fucked up shit. I love it.
I love that batshit insanity has become a mainstay in the comic now.

This Superman cover is awesome BTW.
BsjCLZSCEAEpb50.jpg
It's awesome because we can't see JR jr's ugly pencilling. Thank you Klaus Janson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom