• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just read another couple chapters of A Dame to Kill For. This is so much better than The Hard Goodbye. I was getting prepared to be slightly disappointed by Sin City in general after not caring for The Hard Goodbye at all, but A Dame to Kill For is great stuff. I can't even put my finger on what the main difference is between the stories, but A Dame to Kill For is way more gripping and interesting.

The art is pretty stunning at times, too. Some of the panels are just fantastic.

Not yet, but all of the ArtFX+ statues retail for around $50 or so. Except Hulk, because that motherfucker is huge.

Not bad. I wonder if it'll be a little less since Damian is a bit smaller than most statues. I'll definitely consider making it my first statue. We'll see.

How does Sideshows payments plan work?

Depending on the price, you're required to pay a minimum of such-and-such an amount per month. It's usually not bad. Like $50 per month or so. Sentinel is a gazillion dollars, so that one has a minimum of like, $81 per month.

I think trolling devalues any thread unless it's one dedicated to trolling which I'm not sure is something that could actually exist. Some of your posts, to me, looked like trolling/being mean and I'd rather point fingers then be passive-aggresive about it with expressions like "some posters".

It appears that we have a fundamentally different definition of trolling. I cannot "troll" Quitely, as he isn't here to see my comments.

Stating my opinion that Quitely sucks and backing it up with examples is not trolling. It's...stating my opinion. I'm not sure what steps I'm missing in between that are confusing you.

You are tilting at windmills here but want to congratulate yourself for not being passive-aggressive? I'll give it a try!

"Some posters" (e.g. you) can't diferentiate between opinions and trolling. If people get personally offended by the opinions of others, then I feel sorry for them and wish them the best in their lifelong journey towards maturity.

People bash on comics I like all the time. I respect their opinions and get on with my day.

Statue GAF, what constitutes "Premium Format" for these things? Is it just a lot more time and attention to details, or are they made out of different materials?

Fuuuuuck. Read through Hellboy Boy In Hell volume 1 this evening. Ugh. Still digesting, but so so good. Finally too, so many answers about Edward Grey after all these years. "
He cursed me that I should live forever, then tore me to pieces
". How tragic, although as Edward says himself, other doors were opened to him. And what about the three things HB is still destined to do, one of which Edward took on himself?
Any chance HB can't remember killing Satan because Edward did it? Perhaps the trade off for helping HB was to take him one step closer to his denied destiny
. Also, as always, the greater shared world paying off - It's a bit too coincidental that
Gray's demise
occurred in Chicago - this must be the same place Howards and Johann eventually visited in the BPRD abyss of time/wasteland series. Sure enough, that sword Howards is lugging around did pop up in the witchfinder series, should of guess they were going to go there.

Some great stuff with the big guy himself too, some extremely surprising things
Azeroth being ate by the leviathan!
, and even teasing HB's
sister - was this the lady with azeroth in the midnight circus then?
This volume seemed like the most concrete answery story since the island. In HB's words "Holy Crap. Didn't see that coming."

Just love it love it love. Amazing to have Mike back on art too, I miss Fegredo but it seems right too.

Cheska

How does Sideshows payments plan work?
You pay a non refundable fee at the time of pre-order (usually $40) and then you set up your own monthly payment. Take for example the Jean Grey premium format releasing next year, I paid the deposit and my monthly payments won't start until Novemeber. I set mine up to come out every month on the 5th, so that when a statue is released, I get them earlier in the month vs later. You also end up paying a little more that way though.

Statue GAF, what constitutes "Premium Format" for these things? Is it just a lot more time and attention to details, or are they made out of different materials?

Premium format usually indicates that there's some sort of fabric used, gives it a more realistic approach. Comiquettes are just solid polystone.

Zombine

Banned
I like to feel them too :/

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

Messi

You pay a non refundable fee at the time of pre-order (usually $40) and then you set up your own monthly payment. Take for example the Jean Grey premium format releasing next year, I paid the deposit and my monthly payments won't start until Novemeber. I set mine up to come out every month on the 5th, so that when a statue is released, I get them earlier in the month vs later. You also end up paying a little more that way though.

Premium format usually indicates that there's some sort of fabric used, gives it a more realistic approach. Comiquettes are just solid polystone.

The statues are also MASSIVE

Zombine

Banned
The statues are also MASSIVE

Yes. You have to be careful when selecting them. If you don't have an area set up correctly they look awful. It's always best to have a plan mapped out in regards to what you like, what scale is appropriate for you, and what type of collection you want to have. I would say that Cheska's lady statues are a good example of it being "done right."

MG310

Given my current amount of space I'd say the proper amount would be 0 to 1 of those statues. Daredevil is probably the one.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Are 61x91.5cm posters usually £7 when they're stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy? Also are frames for it usually around £13? Thanks.

kd-z

You are tilting at windmills here but want to congratulate yourself for not being passive-aggressive? I'll give it a try!

"Some posters" (e.g. you) can't diferentiate between opinions and trolling. If people get personally offended by the opinions of others, then I feel sorry for them and wish them the best in their lifelong journey towards maturity.

People bash on comics I like all the time. I respect their opinions and get on with my day.
Cheska and Jedey actually wrote some interesting posts about subjective tastes and objectivism but what we are doing now is just taking jabs at one another, man. I don't like this because a) I don't find it very fun and b) my English skills are not up to snuff so I'll always be in a losing position :D
Let's just share a hug and let it go. What do you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom