• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fauxtrot

Banned
I'm sooooo glad I wasn't around for World War Quitely (round 83)... that was a bummer to read.

Let's just share a hug and let it go. What do you say?

step-brothers-hug-o.gif

Cameron Stewart is on pencils for Chuck P.'s Fight Club 2.

https://twitter.com/cameronmstewart/status/491304909292060674

Ugh, what a weird mix of emotions! I am so happy Stewart is getting a big gig, but this just feels like Chuck P.(I'm not even going to try to spell his last name) is looking to cash out on his biggest claim to fame. Even the title smells of creative bankruptcy. "How else will people know it's the sequel to their favorite 90s movie unless it has the name and a two after it?"

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'm tired of all you pretty-face figurine fetishists:

Is this seriously the She-Hulk art everyone's been complaining about?

Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.

All this Iron Giant love. You should see this commission local Northern Kentucky artist Brian Level did.

That is awesome. He kinda reminds me of a more detailed Francavilla. Mostly because of the way he does shading.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Is this seriously the She-Hulk art everyone's been complaining about?

Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Jenn's face is generally unattractive, ain't nobody denying that, but the amount of creativity, of flow, of pure dopeness these issues ooze is unbelievable. The perspectives get wild, with limbs stretching with a velocity, but it's all super manga influenced, coated with incredible graffiti grime, and doused in a fucking beautiful color palette.

Cheska and Jedey actually wrote some interesting posts about subjective tastes and objectivism but what we are doing now is just taking jabs at one another, man. I don't like this because a) I don't find it very fun and b) my English skills are not up to snuff so I'll always be in a losing position :D
Let's just share a hug and let it go. What do you say?

<3

Also, the first Strain novel was fairly interesting, but it's a fairly generic take on old European vampires coming to America. I've read the same book a dozen times by a dozen different authors.

Kipp

Jenn's face is generally unattractive, ain't nobody denying that, but the amount of creativity, of flow, of pure dopeness these issues ooze is unbelievable. The perspectives get wild, with limbs stretching with a velocity, but it's all super manga influenced, coated with incredible graffiti grime, and doused in a fucking beautiful color palette.

I stared at both those pages you posted for like a few minutes each (mostly to see how he did stuff so I could try to use it in my drawings). So great. I need to get my hands on those issues eventually.

fauxtrot

Banned
I would literally give my left leg to be able to draw like Lee Bermejo... hell, I'd even give a few toes to have Greg Land's abilities. :(

MG310

Even if they aren't always to my taste I appreciate that they are letting people experiment on some of the smaller titles.

Marvel doesn't seem to care so much as long as there's a pretty cover on it.

Kipp

I would literally give my left leg to be able to draw like Lee Bermejo... hell, I'd even give a few toes to have Greg Land's abilities. :(

I don't ask for much, all I want is to be able to draw like a combination of Miller, Quitely, and Wimberly.

I swear if anyone makes a joke about the quality of any of those artists and how it wouldn't be difficult to be able to draw like them or better than them, I'll... probably just ignore your post.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I stared at both those pages you posted for like a few minutes each (mostly to see how he did stuff so I could try to use it in my drawings). So great. I need to get my hands on those issues eventually.

I'm glad you appreciated the art. Wimberly is a damn hidden gem. If you want him at his full sexy ass potential, go search out Prince of Cats. Others have talked about it, and the art is phenomenal, but the writing is just as impressive. Dude put in his research and puts in a fresh take on Romeo and Juliet, utilizing modern vernacular filtered through Shakespearean verse:

Messi

I don't ask for much, all I want is to be able to draw like a combination of Miller, Quitely, and Wimberly.

I swear if anyone makes a joke about the quality of any of those artists and how it wouldn't be difficult to be able to draw like them or better than them, I'll... probably just ignore your post.

Go get what you want. Like what you like.

MG310

I wonder how pissed off idiots would get if Supergirl really did get a redesign like that. It covers the exact same amount of her body as the classic costume..just ditch the clip-on cape and belt pouch.

I wonder how pissed off idiots would get if Supergirl really did get a redesign like that. It covers the exact same amount of her body as the classic costume..just ditch the clip-on cape and belt pouch.

The New 52 costume would be great, if she had pants. The hair, the collar, the slightly different S, it's pretty good. Then the vagina shield destroys it.

MG310

The knee brace things are odd too. "I want to wear thigh high boots...but don't want to get all sweaty behind the knees"

ReiGun

The New 52 costume would be great, if she had pants. The hair, the collar, the slightly different S, it's pretty good. Then the vagina shield destroys it.
This. I remember someone either on Gaf or somewhere else posted a shop of her costume with long blue bottoms and it improved it massively.

fauxtrot

Banned
The knee brace things are odd too.

Yup, it's like DC couldn't decide between two different artists' designs, so they just cut them in half and pasted the top half of design A to the bottom half of design B.

Maybe that would have worked, too, if design B wasn't complete shit.

Zombine

Banned

Your art reminds me of Lemire. That's a good thing. I bet you could eventually draw some far
out things. Let's take acid.

Boogiepop

Well then, looks like I'll be getting my first (non-manga, non-action figure) comic figure. Jubilee is secretly my favorite X-men character, despite the hate she's been known to get. That childhood nostalgia for her+April from TMNT still has me thinking that bright yellow clothing is awesome.

Kipp

I'm glad you appreciated the art. Wimberly is a damn hidden gem. If you want him at his full sexy ass potential, go search out Prince of Cats. Others have talked about it, and the art is phenomenal, but the writing is just as impressive. Dude put in his research and puts in a fresh take on Romeo and Juliet, utilizing modern vernacular filtered through Shakespearean verse:

I remember looking into that a little when you posted about it a while back. It looks so awesome, but it's OOP and the prices are nuts. Vertigo needs to reprint that badly (and as a deluxe hardcover this time).

Those pages are excellent though. That first one with the fight scene especially has so much energy. It's fantastic.

Go get what you want. Like what you like.

I will try my damndest, that's for sure.

Your art reminds me of Lemire. That's a good thing. I bet you could eventually draw some far
out things. Let's take acid.

I'm kind of bummed, because that first drawing I posted here is still my favorite thing I've drawn. As I keep drawing, I'm losing that roughness that the first drawing had and I kinda liked that roughness. Haha. Thanks for the compliment though.
And k

Honestly, drawing like any of those three isn't impossible. Their drawing abilities arent exactly make those artists revered. I don't think its ever too late to take up drawing, so you'll be fine as long as you put in the work and don't get discouraged. For pure drawing ability, Travis Charest is the best in my opinion.

Also, Prince of Cats is dope ass shit. Just putting that out there

Zombine

Banned
I remember looking into that a little when you posted about it a while back. It looks so awesome, but it's OOP and the prices are nuts. Vertigo needs to reprint that badly (and as a deluxe hardcover this time).

Those pages are excellent though. That first one with the fight scene especially has so much energy. It's fantastic.

I will try my damndest, that's for sure.

I'm kind of bummed, because that first drawing I posted here is still my favorite thing I've drawn. As I keep drawing, I'm losing that roughness that the first drawing had and I kinda liked that roughness. Haha. Thanks for the compliment though.
And k

I really do think that you have a style though. It's very distinct. I could imagine you doing the art for some hardcover indie book about some guy who loses his job and becomes a vagabond who realizes he has the power to speak to animals and turns it into a profession. In the end he realizes that he loves one of the animals who happens to be a male horse. The end. The title will be Mr. Hands: The Prequel.

Kipp

I really do think that you have a style though. It's very distinct. I could imagine you doing the art for some hardcover indie book about some guy who loses his job and becomes a vagabond who realizes he has the power to speak to animals and turns it into a profession. In the end he realizes that he loves one of the animals who happens to be a male horse. The end. The title will be Mr. Hands: The Prequel.

Hahaha
Um... Thanks!

fauxtrot

Banned
And k

As far as I understand, as you get better, you'll be able to choose whether or not that roughness is there... for now, just keep drawing drawing drawing and over time, you'll realize you've now got the choice to draw things certain ways, whereas before you were struggling with the act of just getting that thing onto paper.

Shaanyboi

Banned
So I just heard about the "Harley Quinn Invades Comic-Con" thing where she gangbangs a bunch of dudes dressed as the Joker...?

Yeahhhhhh......

Zombine

Banned
Anyone else read Manga? Only series I currently read is Berserk. That is a hobby In itself to be honest. I guess my Shonen Jump Weekly membership counts too.

Anyone else read Manga? Only series I currently read is Berserk. That is a hobby In itself to be honest. I guess my Shonen Jump Weekly membership counts too.

There are a few I read. Berserk, obviously. Claymore, Flowers of Evil, Gundam Origin, A Bride's Story (shut up, it's great).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom