• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2016. The Manhattan Project

Owzers

I think i'll buy Tokyo Ghost 6-10 in the next digital sale than in trade, how's this series been? I liked the first trade but as i said then the series felt kinda over.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I think i'll buy Tokyo Ghost 6-10 in the next digital sale than in trade, how's this series been? I liked the first trade but as i said then the series felt kinda over.

I thought 6 was hilariously twisted and weird and I liked what it was setting up. That's the only one I've read so far though.

I thought the new Detective Comics was just okay. Not nearly as good as Action Comics or Aquaman. The last couple of pages were really hype but everything that came before didn't do much for me. I found the
training sequence/danger room sequence
to be generic, uninspired and too obvious. Tim Drake is my least favorite Robin so I'm hoping for less focus on his character going forward.

I thought the new Detective Comics was just okay. Not nearly as good as Action Comics or Aquaman. The last couple of pages were really hype but everything that came before didn't do much for me. I found the
training sequence/danger room sequence
to be generic, uninspired and too obvious
. Tim Drake is my least favorite Robin so I'm hoping for less focus on his character going forward.

It was like 2 pages at the beginning of the issue? It's not like it was meant to be some huge suspenseful moment. It's basically a cold open.

It was like 2 pages at the beginning of the issue? It's not like it was meant to be some huge suspenseful moment. It's basically a cold open.

It was four pages! I know it wasn't a huge part of the issue just wasn't a great way to open things for me.
Oh they have a Danger Room and they filled it with Jokers
zzzzzz

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
JtWSyBk.gif

Probably only plays Reaper.

No idea what that is

It was four pages! I know it wasn't a huge part of the issue just wasn't a great way to open things for me.
Oh they have a Danger Room and they filled it with Jokers
zzzzzz

I just thought it was a funny thing to stick on. I'd honestly rather have this kind of open than the opening's Action and Flash had though, they seemed like just more rehash or continuation from their rebirth issues.

I just thought it was a funny thing to stick on. I'd honestly rather have this kind of open than the opening's Action and Flash had though, they seemed like just more rehash or continuation from their rebirth issues.

I mean, I could go on about how I thought most of the rest of the issue was just
one boring conversation after another
but nobody wants to read that. The
Danger Room
may have been a comparatively small part of the issue but it was also one of two major set pieces featured in the issue, and the other one (
Batman under attack in the Batmobile
) was actually quite good.

Captain America: Sam Wilson #10
This issue is heavy. Holy shit. Also, fucking "WHAT?!" at that last page.
And weren't the Americops a previous thing? From the 90's? I swear they look super familiar.

I mean, I could go on about how I thought most of the rest of the issue was just
one boring conversation after another
but nobody wants to read that. The
Danger Room
may have been a comparatively small part of the issue but it was also one of two major set pieces featured in the issue, and the other one (
Batman under attack in the Batmobile
) was actually quite good.

Yeah, I can understand.

I actually really hate the design of this Bat Mobile.

Got to admit, I was a bit dismissive of Gwenpool (thinking it would be full of 'lol random' type of humour). But some of the excerpts I've seen online and the reviews in this thread make it seem very interesting. Will give it a shot in 4 months.

ElNarez

Banned
Detective Comics was basically "hey, here's how each member of the cast is kinda broken, which is why they're gonna have to rely on each other" and, as far as that necessary evil goes, it was done well, I thought?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Detective Comics was basically "hey, here's how each member of the cast is kinda broken, which is why they're gonna have to rely on each other" and, as far as that necessary evil goes, it was done well, I thought?

I agree, and it worked for me but I couldn't help but feel like it was an X-Men story dressed up with the Bat-Family.

Owzers

I'm tired of posting the DIVIDE Promos but today, everyone assumes Prowler is getting a book.

Would you say you're divided on whether or not to post more promos?

Gwenpool #2 was okay but it tempered my excitement a bit because i didn't find the Thor involvement to be that interesting and definitely wasn't the next step the book needed. There were still a few highlights that will keep the hype alive:
Batroc pretending to be a cop stealing the Druid, Gwenpool firing the rocket launcher, and the final page's "And i'm going to tell" were great.

Top Bottom