• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Hagi

So, what has Scott done that was so horrible?

All that stuff was a load of shit. They decided he was a monster first then came up with the lamest of reasons months down the line to justify characters talking shit about him all the way up to Death of X. He got rid of one of the clouds and told the world that they were killing mutants and could affect humans possibly which he had no basis for. It really seemed like they were priming up for him to do something heinous but they moonwalked back on it pretty spectacularly making everything up to his death ridiculous.

He was right

Yup.

Even if he had gone to Medusa first, a good chunk of the X-Men would still have attacked out of sheer bloodthirst. Assuming you take the Civil War 2 tie-in into consideration. Maybe not all of them, like this time. Storm and Young Beast's groups would have backed down, but Magneto's group and a good chunk of the rest would have stepped up and probably would have been way more violent.

No one is saying go to Medusa first. Going to the X-men first is the reasonable thing for a number of reasons.

McCoy was the only one who thought to tell the inhumans AT ALL though, so you can't write an article that says "why did no one tell Medusa? Beast could have stopped this event with Whatsapp!" Because beast TRIED to do this and got his ass royally kicked.

Also, we see the Inhumans are reasonable and Lunella is smarter than Forge is. Had the inhumans been told the conflict would have been resolved without violence: but it didn't, largely because Emma wanted violence over the death of Cyclops and Magneto (the only other person who is fully aware) is a sociopath.

All that stuff was a load of shit. They decided he was a monster first then came up with the lamest of reasons months down the line to justify characters talking shit about him all the way up to Death of X. He got rid of one of the clouds and told the world that they were killing mutants and could affect humans possibly which he had no basis for. It really seemed like they were priming up for him to do something heinous but they moonwalked back on it pretty spectacularly making everything up to his death ridiculous.

Scott didn't do any of that. EMMA did that, pretending to be Scott.

Hagi

Scott didn't do any of that. EMMA did that, pretending to be Scott.

I remember. Does that make a difference in how Scott was raked over the coals all the way up to Death of X? not really. The one positive I have about this stuff is what Emma did actually. I really liked the twist in that.

Always hated Beast. Shit character and I don't like reading about him.

Forever holding that L Eva gave him.

I haven't liked him since they brought the O5 back.

Aceun

IvX was okay. Just okay.

Super excited to read Nova later today, but first let me gush about Mosaic. That comic is just so fantastic.

It's frenetic and moves in a way that gives you a dizzying sense of his powers. Every issue we learn just a little bit more about the how his powers work, the limits and the nuances.

Morris is also just a fun character and very different from our super stoic and intensely anti-heroic heroes. He falls somewhere in between and is a very welcome addition to the NuHumans that have been popping up (Ms. Marvel, Moon Girl, etc)

The book is energetic and the it reminds me of the experience I have reading Awesome Hulk or New-Superman.

No one is saying go to Medusa first. Going to the X-men first is the reasonable thing for a number of reasons.

McCoy was the only one who thought to tell the inhumans AT ALL though, so you can't write an article that says "why did no one tell Medusa? Beast could have stopped this event with Whatsapp!" Because beast TRIED to do this and got his ass royally kicked.

Also, we see the Inhumans are reasonable and Lunella is smarter than Forge is. Had the inhumans been told the conflict would have been resolved without violence: but it didn't, largely because Emma wanted violence over the death of Cyclops and Magneto (the only other person who is fully aware) is a sociopath.

I'm not saying he should have. I'm agreeing with you, but I'm also saying that the next alternative would have still resulted in a bloodbath. No matter what he did or would have done, there was going to be a fight and mutants were going to be the ones starting it.

So you're right. It really isn't his fault.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I cant wait to read this.

I remember. Does that make a difference in how Scott was raked over the coals all the way up to Death of X? not really. The one positive I have about this stuff is what Emma did actually. I really liked the twist in that.

I haven't liked him since they brought the O5 back.

It makes a difference because none of the stuff he was accused of doing in theory that caused the "Scott summers was a monster" business was actually him.

Presumably everyone knows this now since Mosaic told young Scott about it.

Obviously the storyline had Cyclops doing something far worse than getting rid of a cloud and the dialogue reflects that, but it's irrelevant. All that venom is on Emma Frost.

error4041

The X-board over at CBR is in a frenzy right now over the today's issue of IvX.

I might grab some popcorn and start reading through it for fun.

Is that really rebirth esque crossovers though? The X-men have been pretty tightly integrated into the wider marvel universe since AvX...which is kinda the point of stuff like Uncanny Avengers vol. 1-3.

Get the X-men out of their bubble where they're only running into sentinels and evil mutants and vice versa.
They've usually only done it in one book or in 3 book crossovers. This is the first 2 book one since before Infinity IIRC.

Hagi

It makes a difference because none of the stuff he was accused of doing in theory that caused the "Scott summers was a monster" business was actually him.

Presumably everyone knows this now since Mosaic told young Scott about it.

Obviously the storyline had Cyclops doing something far worse than getting rid of a cloud and the dialogue reflects that, but it's irrelevant. All that venom is on Emma Frost.

The venom is bullshit thought which is my issue and why it doesn't matter that it's him or not. They teased for ages and had characters talking like he was the devil for what? because he got rid of the cloud and died? Even factoring in trying to get humans to side with them through falsehood it's still not as bad as they were drumming it up to be throughout several of the X books. They even had Magik talking shit to Sunfire when low and behold she was with them all the way till the end of DoX. It's been a while since I've seen something bungled so.

The X-board over at CBR is in a frenzy right now over the today's issue of IvX.

I might grab some popcorn and start reading through it for fun.

As soon as I read the issue my first thought was to check their board. Like, I get some of anger since people were hoping the series would be cathartic for the X-Men and the X-Men came out looking pretty bad in this issue, but the board takes their complaints to the next level lol.

The venom is bullshit thought which is my issue and why it doesn't matter that it's him or not. They teased for ages and had characters talking like he was the devil for what? because he got rid of the cloud and died? Even factoring in trying to get humans to side with them through falsehood it's still not as bad as they were drumming it up to be throughout several of the X books. They even had Magik talking shit to Sunfire when low and behold she was with them all the way till the end of DoX. It's been a while since I've seen something bungled so.

That's a different issue though.

It's obvious given dialogue that Cyclops was intended to do something that killed a LOT of people. The "worst mutant in history" label was thrown around more than once, which would put him above not only reformed villains that killed a bunch of people like Magneto, Emma Frost, and Shaw, but unrepentant psychos like Sinister, Apocalypse, Fitzroy, Stryfe, etc.

This wasn't hyperbole, they were serious about this. Scott summers had crossed a line worse than the "mutant massacre" or releasing the legacy virus.

Clearly though for one reason or another editorial decided that character assassinating Cyclops and mutants along with him was PROBABLY not the best idea- and Inhumans failing to gain any traction probably had more than a little to do with this.

Despite marvel's best efforts, no one cared about Inhumanity and every book with Inhumans in the title is going over like a lead balloon. The rumored Inhumans theatrical movie was shelved and the TV series appears to be in the same continuity limbo that Agents of Shield is.

Character Assassinating Cyclops and pissing off the loyal fanbase of the Xbooks to prop up an IP no one has any love for would have been nonsensical.

SO, all things considered backing off of the mass murdering Cyclops story and toning it down was the right call. It turns the tease into hot buttered nonsense, but the benefit is not digging the X-men into another narrative hole it would take a decade plus to write your way out of like the legacy virus or decimation, both of which took FAR TOO LONG to resolve.

If the end result are Xbooks that look more like Avengers and less depressing nonsense like "hey let's move the school to a demon realm to avoid those smallpox clouds" then I'm all for it.

Hagi

If the end result are Xbooks that look more like Avengers and less depressing nonsense like "hey let's move the school to a demon realm to avoid those smallpox clouds" then I'm all for it.

This is what I want as well so we are on the same page. The only X book I've actually enjoyed post Secret Wars is All-New Wolverine and as a big time X fan fan that's sad.

This is what I want as well so we are on the same page. The only X book I've actually enjoyed post Secret Wars is All-New Wolverine and as a big time X fan fan that's sad.

I thought extraordinary X-men was interesting when they went to the alternate future where Apocalypse wins: there was some VERY INTERESTING potential stories that could have spun out of that.

Unfortunately it looks like the return of Apocalypse and whatever caused him to take over the planet was cut short just like the Scott Summers storyline was in order to reposition the Xbooks.

I'm a little disappointed but in the long run its probably the best call. Everything else was just garbage.

Now hurry up and send the O5 back already

I thought extraordinary X-men was interesting when they went to the alternate future where Apocalypse wins: there was some VERY INTERESTING potential stories that could have spun out of that.

Unfortunately it looks like the return of Apocalypse and whatever caused him to take over the planet was cut short just like the Scott Summers storyline was in order to reposition the Xbooks.

I'm a little disappointed but in the long run its probably the best call. Everything else was just garbage.

Now hurry up and send the O5 back already

The Omega World arc was so fucking good. Real shame.

Totally Awesome Hulk. He has done so many guest appearances or brought in others that Ghost Rider just turned into a All-New Fantastic Four book minus Ghost Rider.

Seriously.

The last issue was 2 pages of ghost rider with the rest of the book being x-23, TAH, Coulson, and Silk (?!) Chasing down a ridiculous purple monster in LA for yet another issue.

Hagi

Hmmm I caved, IvX final issue spoilers
So Emma is full crazy villain now with one of the worst costumes I have ever seen. Surely there was a better way to end this. Why not have her accept her grief and how fucked up she's been? have her break down and realize this is what Scott absolutely wouldn't want? why dial it up to 100? Not a fan of this at all.

I'm going to dread seeing this pop up later down the line in whatever X book it takes centre stage in.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
what's up comicsGAF, been a minute

after last night's Flash, i want to read some N52 Wally West - what books was he in?

Hagi

yeah that book looks dope, but i want to read something completed already

i've already read all of waids flash, im just looking for black wally west

He's in the main Flash book that ran during the N52 but I wouldn't go in expecting too much outside of really nice art.

yeah that book looks dope, but i want to read something completed already

i've already read all of waids flash, im just looking for black wally west

Before Rebirth he was introduced and appeared occasionally in Venditti's run on The Flash. That's about it.
He's in the main Flash book that ran during the N52 but I wouldn't go in expecting too much outside of really nice art.
Your dam right Booth's art is nice.

He was in New 52 Flash, and now he's in Teen Titans as a core member. I don't know if he's in current Rebirth Flash.

He's been in a good amount of it but not in the current arc. Probably going to be in it less with Teen Titans starting up.

He is. They're even teaming up for an arc soon to deal with Reverse Flash if I recall solicits correctly.

Completely forgot about this. It even seemed like this last arc with the Rogues got rushed to an end to get to it faster.

Top Bottom