• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

tim1138

That's cool to hear. I was reading the new Nightwing series last week and I realised they made reference to Midnighter, even though Wildstorm seems to have been split off again, so I wasn't sure what that meant exactly. Seems like it would of been a huge mistake to roll on what Orlando has done though, so it's nice to hear that will stay intact.

Yeah, that way they can have their cake and eat it too. Orlando's take stays firmly integrated in the DCU and Ellis has freedom to change them up as sees fit without throwing anything out.

I'm convinced BMB is Axel's hired gun.

AA just killed the momentum from Angela-Sera and not having any balls calling Sera trans.

In fact, has ANYTHING notable come from Angela since AOU?

She's like a wasted draft pick or in football terms, a soccer player getting paid 50 million euros to be a backup?

Though based on his post about it, it seems like less Bendis wanting to personally torch the relationship and more an editorial decision for the next run.

Started reading the Hal Jordan & the GLC rebirth trade. For a premise which can be used as a setup to include a myriad of locales, characters and wonders (space police with OP powers), why does all the Green Lantern I've read just seem stuck on Sinestro?

Definitely getting this, it'll go well with my others lol. Just need a date for the Hell on Earth omnis so I can have that in print too.

http://www.craveonline.com/entertai...ls-mike-mignolas-hellboy-hell-library-edition

There you go. Jan 2018. Deluxe HC (I am assuming in the same trade dress as the previous BPRD volumes). First three trades of Hell on Earth included.

BPBEfjE.jpg

http://www.craveonline.com/entertai...ls-mike-mignolas-hellboy-hell-library-edition

There you go. Jan 2018. Deluxe HC (I am assuming in the same trade dress as the previous BPRD volumes). First three trades of Hell on Earth included.

Nice! It's about time they officially got that out there. Although, 2018, Damn. I feel bad for folks who have held out all this time to read this way for the first time. Makes sense though, if the new series of Bprd is July. That would put volume 1 of the tpbs out around then too. Imagine how far out the Abe omnis must be.

Multiversity has an advanced review of Black Cloud #1 up, it's pretty positive. Interested by all creators involved with that one. It's Latour and Ivan Brandon with Greg Hinkle and Matt Wilson on art.

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/reviews/black-cloud-1/

ElNarez

Banned
The Wildstorm U exists on its own Earth in the Multiverse. Ellis has said there will be updated versions of Midnighter and Apollo coming, but he didn't want to take away from the work Orlando has done with them. In fact part of him coming back was contingent on nothing happening to Orlando's run with the characters.

It is worth noting, however, that Midnighter and Apollo ends on a panel taking after the final panel in "Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow?", for what it's worth.

Malyse

You know what? Mosaic is a solid book. I'm giving this a strong recommend; it's doing the same thing for me that Mother Panic does. That's a hard comparison, but it's the same sort of "is the a hero or nah?" morally ambiguous with big guns occasionally popping in that that book does for DC.

PS Mosaic'a powers would make the most dope video game.

Started reading the Hal Jordan & the GLC rebirth trade. For a premise which can be used as a setup to include a myriad of locales, characters and wonders (space police with OP powers), why does all the Green Lantern I've read just seem stuck on Sinestro?

good shit Dark Horse

It's really incredible how the series is not only 147 issues long, but it also remained awesome. Easily one of my favorite team books ever. Hell on Earth is SO good.

Wanderer5

I see there is a Batwoman sale. Kind of tempted to have a digital copy of Batwoman: Elegy heh, cause that is a pretty damn good story.

How is the new issue of Batwoman?

No. Batwoman until jh Williams leaves

Oh man that time. Don't think I continued on with the series not long after, but I think I was losing interest in collecting any issues then anyway.

Ross61

I normally don't pay attention to out of context panels posted on twitter, but that Sam Wilson #20 and it's implications have me all the way turned off. The tone deafness is striking for someone who tries to be an "ally".

Sandfox

I normally don't pay attention to out of context panels posted on twitter, but that Sam Wilson #20 and it's implications have me all the way turned off. The tone deafness is striking for someone who tries to be an "ally".
What panel was it? It didn't come off as tone deaf to me, but I may just be missing what you saw.

You were wrong though because the book was more pro-rioter than anything else.

Maria from The Old Hunters is a special piece of shit. Never sweated at a bossfight as much as with her.
Really? Not even Ludwig?
Ahh ok so story wise its the TV series until Green with Evil and then the comic picks up from that and creates its own continuity? I also see on Amazon they have a Pink Ranger volume coming out, is that worth getting as well?
Yes to the first question. Not particularly to the second. Only if you really REALLY want to read a pink ranger book.
If they could switch out Booth for Rocafort we'll have an instant classic.
God yes. Even if it was that other artist that had the first Made in Manhattan issue.

Though based on his post about it, it seems like less Bendis wanting to personally torch the relationship and more an editorial decision for the next run.
What a good idea to torch a relationship when it can't be followed up on for 3+ months even if Angela #1 is announced tomorrow. I'm sure the fans of Angela and Sera will be overjoyed.
You know what? Mosaic is a solid book. I'm giving this a strong recommend; it's doing the same thing for me that Mother Panic does. That's a hard comparison, but it's the same sort of "is the a hero or nah?" morally ambiguous with big guns occasionally popping in that that book does for DC.

PS Mosaic'a powers would make the most dope video game.
Already cancelled.
I find it funny that now Speedball, Justice and Rage has been in prison.

Sandfox

What a good idea to torch a relationship when it can't be followed up on for 3+ months even if Angela #1 is announced tomorrow. I'm sure the fans of Angela and Sera will be overjoyed.

Already cancelled.

I find it funny that now Speedball, Justice and Rage has been in prison.

You don't think they would be happy if an Angela book got announced tomorrow? It's obviously not going to happen, but that's a weird thing to say.

You don't think they would be happy if an Angela book got announced tomorrow? It's obviously not going to happen, but that's a weird thing to say.
If this was Marvel's way to hype it? No.

Edit: The Femme Magnifique kickstarter reached it's final goal with about 80 minutes left.

Was the Angela book decent then? Honestly surprised anyone cares much either way, she's went totally over my head as a character since they brought her back. Bendis has had his paws on her and her book didn't stick around too long, so I'm surprised someone actually had the time to do something meaningful with her that could be screwed up.

Batman

This wasn't as awesome as the previous issue, mostly because it felt like a different angle on the same gimmick of the last issue, but it still came off really cool.

All-Star Batman

The Narrative style Snyder is using for this arc is really just not suiting me. I liked this more than the last couple, but I still felt confused and annoyed most the time I was reading this. The back up felt even more annoying because it was purposely just teasing the Duke name. That's just dumb.

Superman

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Super Sons

God damn this book is sooooooo good. So glad it's living up to my looking forward to it for months. It's also kind of awesome that it can pull off the dark as hell beginning and then shift so easily to Damian and Jon bickering and being funny.

Book is great!

Wild Storm

I am liking what I'm reading, but I can't help feeling that I am completely lost reading it. It feels like it's really not written for new readers.

Extrimity #1

I really really liked this start. It had some negatives but overall I really liked the gruesome feel of the book and the establishment of arts being important in the world. It could still end up being pretty shallow and just about the action and gore, but this first issue has me really interested.

Kill or be Killed 6+7

Caught up to the last two issues of this and I think I'm back on bored. I was starting to think the book was too on the nose and a little too dumb, but I liked the turn in these two issues of stuff crashing in on him.

ElNarez

Banned
Wildstorm #2 is a Warren-Ellis-ass Warren Ellis comic. It's a fucking greatest hits compilation, down to the Voodoo page that's straight out of his Supreme mini.

I love it, but damn.

I like this David Lopez cover.

The end of this book better be them going back in time (I don't care what happens with their memories retained and angel's weird ass wing upgrades just say that they trigger the creation of another alternate timeline that's like an X-Men staple anyway).

Top Bottom