• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| March Harley Quinn does the Banana Splits

Messi

New April Fools image variant

gQEcgW3.jpg

Owzers

I'm not hyped for mass effect, probably trash story and quests tied together with characters hitting on each other as usual.

What if in the last part it turns out that the story of ME:A is a dream the Main Character had in the Hypersleep

Hmmm, don't know if I'd rage or not...If the story is really good sure, but then nothing I did really matter in the in universe game...

I'd hope that they'd have enough sense not to do that with Magneto. Like there are some things ya shouldn't do.

Sandfox

Assuming that's actually a book, a mini replacing the Deadpool vs. Punisher one is more likely than a crossover. Deadpool is tying into Secret Empire and Cable will still be in the first arc of a time travel story.

I'll admit I'm looking forward to Persona 5 a lot too. Those last few trailers have been ����
It should be a really good game.

Assuming that's actually a book, a mini replacing the Deadpool vs. Punisher one is more likely than a crossover. Deadpool is tying into Secret Empire and Cable will still be in the first arc of a time travel story.

It should be a really good game.

The first volume for Weapon X is titled Prelude to whatever their crossover was called going by the catalog. Cable will get 1 arc before the crossover as well probably. Wasn't there a Deadpool & Cable Infinite comic last year already?

Sandfox

The first volume for Weapon X is titled Prelude to whatever their crossover was called going by the catalog. Cable will get 1 arc before the crossover as well probably. Wasn't there a Deadpool & Cable Infinite comic last year already?
I really doubt Deadpool will jump from crossover to Secret Empire tie-ins to crossover, especially with MMM happening. I also doubt that Alonso would start teasing it so soon if that were the case.

I just think there are a lot of things working against this being a crossover.

Looking forward to Persona too, but that bad boy will have to wait until after
yokai watch 2!
I finish Nier.

Not gonna lie guys, half way through Iron Fist ep 2. Budget on the flashbacks is horrific, and the villains are a little too on the nose right now, but by and large I'm enjoying Danny's journey so far. It's following a pretty logical path in terms of his sudden appearance in new york, while fleshing out his character and fleshing out world around him, establishing characters etc.

woo, got a pre-order in for Hanselmann's newest Megg and Mogg zine, Portait. Just sold out after I ordered too lol. Those 200 copies went fast.

Wish some of these weren't so hard to get but it does add some cool factor to having something so limited. Just realized that One More Year comes out next month too. Really looking forward to that.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Maybe its more a question for Slayven, but was anytime anywhere adressed how even super skinny superheroes can also throw Trains, etc around? I mean, yeah, its comics and I should overthinking it, but it would be fun to read the explanation if there was ever any.

shingi70

Banned
Maybe its more a question for Slayven, but was anytime anywhere adressed how even super skinny superheroes can also throw Trains, etc around? I mean, yeah, its comics and I should overthinking it, but it would be fun to read the explanation if there was ever any.

There was this parody comic I forgot the name of that had the son of the wonder woman and Superman expys being a gangly nerd stuck in his teenage phases even though he was in his 20s due to his powers not letting him age or build up muscle mass.

superpowers

4 episodes of Southpaw Wrestling > 4 episodes of Iron Fist

Just finishing up episode 3,but honestly think Iron Fist is pretty great so far, it's between Daredevil season 1 and season 2 for me right now. The way it's been spoke about, I was bracing to experience what might be the worst of the Netflix stuff, but at the moment it's slowly heading towards the top. Early days though, it could take a drastic down turn, but given several were the episodes reviewed by some of the major sites, I'm feeling optimistic.

mreddie

Just finishing up episode 3,but honestly think Iron Fist is pretty great so far, it's between Daredevil season 1 and season 2 for me right now. The way it's been spoke about, I was bracing to experience what might be the worst of the Netflix stuff, but at the moment it's slowly heading towards the top. Early days though, it could take a drastic down turn, but given several were the episodes reviewed by some of the major sites, I'm feeling optimistic.

It's not connecting with me at all, the first fight was Steven Seagal tier.

Going to watch Iron Fist episode 1 shortly, I expect I love it.

I have shit taste

Haha sometimes I feel like this. I think the character work has been great though, and everything else has been progressing how I'd expect it to in the early episodes of any other show.

It's not connecting with me at all, the first fight was Steven Seagal tier.

Hey, to each their own man. I find it remarkable how we all can love the same comics but then have wildly different tastes when the stuff is transposed to TV and movies, but we see it again and again. Just goes to show. I definitely wouldn't put the choreography near Daredevil yet though (although I would say they haven't really did a real fight yet either where I'm at), it's the plot and character side of the show I'm enjoying so far.

does he wave his hands around a lot too?

Affirmative!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think Its like Batman Vs Superman. Very flawed, lots of stupid things, but not as bad as it was made. Its in booth cases a clear 5/10 IMO. I can see it also beeing treated more rude since its really problematic regarding the whole cultural approaption thing. Its super cringy when Danny quotes made up philosophical bs and its stupid when he always mansplains Colleen about how to do Kung Fu. Even while I can see how someone can write a scene where he beats her up easily without beeing directly ill-meaning, I mean he is the Iron Fist after all any Colleen is "just" a random dojo-sensai. But it should be treated way more sensible because there are much more implications in stuff like this.
This and the lack of actions are my big Problems with the show.

But, coming back to my comparison, I also think 5/10 is the average rating for booth the movie and the show. I just dont like how everyone now plays the "the critics arent worth it, its are the viewers who are important" card. A lot of people laughed at the DC folks when they used that and I really hate how now Marvel folks do the same.

Haha, I'm not sure where I would start in there, there's quite a few base line assertions and assumptions you obviously watch this stuff with that I do not, but that's cool, it just underlines what I was saying about how we all get such wild varying results when we watch this stuff. I think it's a pretty good show though, and I think Colleen is pretty rad. Interested to see where she goes. I know a lot about Danny but have read little of her.

Top Bottom