• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Medusa is so Ugu~ but the art for this fall's Inhumans is so wack. I liked that tease for All New Avngers. I'm definitely down.

I was thinking about Medusa the other day, when you see her in comics, do you see her hair constantly moving? Like, how will they do it in the movie for example.

They always draw her hair all over the place so I always imagined its constantly moving, tentacle-like

image__3_.jpg

Zombine

Banned
I was thinking about Medusa the other day, when you see her in comics, do you see her hair constantly moving? Like, how will they do it in the movie for example.

They always draw her hair all over the place so I always imagined its constantly moving, tentacle-like

image__3_.jpg

I think that you're absolutely right. It is definitely constantly flowing like a cats tail, but I think in the movie it will move like waves, and then it will stiffen up when she commands it to.

So hyped for Secret Wars now. Thank you FCBD. You always restore my love of physical.

I've got basically 0 familiarity with Medusa (or the rest of the Inhumans, other than Ms. Marvel), so I gotta ask: how do they maker her out to be as a real threat? I mean... "hair control" is kind of a joke power, at first glance, so I'm curious how they sell that.

Afrodium

Banned
Ahhhh fuck. I'm currently up to Zero Year in Snyder's Batman run and I'm pretty sure the FCBD Batman mini spoiled Endgame for me. I probably should have been cautious but I just wasn't thinking.

Zombine

Banned
Ahhhh fuck. I'm currently reading Zero Year and I'm pretty sure the FCBD Batman mini spoiled Endgame for me. I probably should have been cautious but I just wasn't thinking.

It was so good though. It spoiled it for me too, but now I feel like I just watched a movie where they present to you the end at the beginning, and now we're just along for the ride. My hype meter has been rising all day and it's ridiculous.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Now reading second Hickman FF omni. I'm at the part where
Johnny returns.
This is my first exposure to the Inhumans/Cosmic stuff and I'm really liking it. Thinking about finally getting Marvel Unlimited and starting Annihilation and everything that follows.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I've got basically 0 familiarity with Medusa (or the rest of the Inhumans, other than Ms. Marvel), so I gotta ask: how do they maker her out to be as a real threat? I mean... "hair control" is kind of a joke power, at first glance, so I'm curious how they sell that.

like this

548144-med2.jpg

Inhuman_1_Preview_4.jpg

image__4_.jpg

medusahardcore.jpg

but to be fair she isnt really a fighter, more of a...politician

I'm on Rhak time from now on for MU. His posts no longer read like a blast from the past, and I'm saving a fortune this way.

#TeamSixMonthDelay

I got a bunch of the free stuff (jojo, avengers, dc) and also Alex and Ada because they said if I liked the ex machina movie then I'll be into it

Is it a good series?

Squire

Banned
Just posted in the old thread. Whoops.

ANYWAY

Age of Ultron is excellent. Superior to the first. I loved it.

Rhaknar

I'm on Rhak time from now on for MU. His posts no longer read like a blast from the past, and I'm saving a fortune this way.

#TeamSixMonthDelay

they do when Im doing my events binges >_>

edit: speaking of events, time to make you all go "lol rhaknar you craycray". I am absolutely loving Original Sin. Not even ironically, I love the crazy premise, i love the completely random but awesome cast and team ups (emma frost, ant-man and black panther whut), Deodato's art is amazing as usual... Im only on issue 4 so maybe it will fall apart later but for now Im really enjoying it.

Mudcrab

Favorite part of FCBD was when these three little boys we're getting in line and saw my LCS's new Spider-gwen poster in the window and proceeded to freak out. "OMG Spider-gwen!" "So awesome" "She's SO cool!" Freaking adorable.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I went crazy after getting home and ordered a bunch of stuff online.

• Secret TBP
  • Bob's Burgers TPB
  • Mega Man TPB 4-8
  • Mega Man Dawn of X arc
  • Mega Man Legends of Blue arc
  • Mega Man #45-48
  • The Manhattan Projects TPB 1-4
  • Mars Attacks First Born #4
  • Wytches #2
  • X-Files Year Zero #1
Discount TPB sites are killing me.

Oh also a free month of Marvel Unlimited. I need to find some stuff to read.

Favorite part of FCBD was when these three little boys we're getting in line and saw my LCS's new Spider-gwen poster in the window and proceeded to freak out. "OMG Spider-gwen!" "So awesome" "She's SO cool!" Freaking adorable.

Man, female characters were avoided by most kids when I was little. Cooties and whatnot. I remember all those Toy Biz Storm figures warming the pegs at the local Toys R Us.

Does every new marvel comic come with a digital copy? If so, I'd like to support my local shop and buy shit there and just read em digitally after.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is it just Avengers and New Avengers I need to be caught up on to be sorted for Secret Wars?

Rhaknar

I love these "lost" Deadpool issues, with the old school art and style of writing (even the pages are made to look old) and this issue #26 with Nick Fury, Cable and Hitler was by far the best. Next issue is the wedding issue which I remember being super hyped on the internet last year (before I was back reading comics)

like this
but to be fair she isnt really a fighter, more of a...politician

I see someone's been reading Inhuman.

Also went into that book with near zero knowledge of medusa and leaving with mad respect for her, aside from the axis issues.

Anyway, the answer to how they`ll do it in the big screen is "with very little screen time. cg costs loads".

Hey guys! I'm sure you've got plenty of these questions but what's the essential read for Civil War?

Skip it. Pray that the movie does it better.

Alternatively, just the core issues, then straight to mightygodking's civil war.

Or just skip marvel's version entirely and read mightygodking's.

PsychBat!

Banned
Is it just Avengers and New Avengers I need to be caught up on to be sorted for Secret Wars?
We'll have an OT thread soon to explain the current events needed to understand Secret Wars. Should be ready before SW #1 releases next Wednesday.

I'm gonna wait for jokes saying that Star Wars #1 already came out.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
We'll have an OT thread soon to explain the current events needed to understand Secret Wars. Should be ready before SW #1 releases next Wednesday.

I'm gonna wait for jokes saying that Star Wars #1 already came out.

Thanks PB.

I'm caught up on A/NA but would be lying if I said I really understood any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom