• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'd get an iPad if I thought I'd use it more than my laptop or phone :(

Anyone visit the CBR forums, what's it like? Looking for a place to discuss comics as well as here

Anyone visit the CBR forums, what's it like? Looking for a place to discuss comics as well as here

Well for me it replaced my laptop. When I really need to type I just go to my desktop/gaming computer.

I tried CBR years ago, I think before the great purge and I hated it. It felt like a den for the more stereotypical comic book fan chatter. Not sure if it's any better now

Edit: I also don't like message boards that are too segregated. Just have one comics board and one off topic board

Vibranium

Banned
My favorite thing about CBR is the one poster who obsesses over Black Widow x Spider-Man, his name is DarthFury, I think? Guy is pretty dedicated to seeing them appear together lol.

I lurk the forums occasionally, I don't have an account. The staff rarely interact with the community and don't do much critical journalism which sucks.

What if she has paint issues tho?

You just made me remember I can return my Tony Daniel WW Art of War statue to Amazon for a refund. I won't be getting a replacement though, I ain't got time to keep shipping stuff back. I'll start buying statues when they get machines to paint them.

Owzers

I think i'm all caught up on Uncanny on MU, next issue isn't up and it's #600, i'm kind of surprised that's it really, though i did like issue #33's kitty team-up.

Also, i would like to take some time and address this whole ipad pro thing. Digital comics are still evil no matter how large they make them, they will never be real comics. Digitals are to comic books as Jeb Bush is to presidents.

Extrordinary X-Men is so angsty and dire. Bad news on top of bad news squared. I want to like a current X-book.. This one has one arc. I really like some of the players (Jean, Illyana) so I hope it wins me over. If not, I can always try the upcoming ANXM or Uncanny X-Men, set for December and January releases respectively.

Lashley

Extrordinary X-Men is so angsty and dire. Bad news on top of bad news squared. I want to like a current X-book.. This one has one arc. I really like some of the players (Jean, Illyana) so I hope it wins me over. If not, I can always try the upcoming ANXM or Uncanny X-Men, set for December and January releases respectively.

I enjoyed it, but yeah....I hope the upcoming X-books are better.

VanWinkle

I only hang around the collected editions board on the CBR forums. I like it pretty well. But, yeah, like gketter said, I'm not a fan of the segregation. If this forum had a bunch of comic sub-topics, I never would have met a lot of the great people in here who are into single issues, since I only really pay attention to collected editions.

Messi

I read two issues of Rocket Racoon last night. I thought that they were legit great. It was issue 7 and 8 I believe. It was about Rocket having to get the yolk from a dragons egg to save Groot who has been poisioned and can't regrow. It was funny and there was a bit that was quite emotional. But more than anything the art was fantastic. The rest of the series isnt by the artist it seems. The art is by Andrade.

a02635fa94b23f9e9bcc44483445c956._SX640_QL80_TTD_.jpg
f404fbf9b3dabdf504c01f8d39fbcf45._SX640_QL80_TTD_.jpg

I was happy to see today that he is the artist on Rocket & Groot starting next month.

Lashley

I can't stand the way Groot or Rocket are drawn, personally. Don't think I've ever seen them drawn well.

Messi

I can't stand the way Groot or Rocket are drawn, personally. Don't think I've ever seen them drawn well.

I LOVE how he draws Rocket, I could take or leave his Groot. I absolutely hate how the other artist and skottie young draw rocket.

Did anyone read Huck, I expected to see more chatter about it today.

Also Saga is back next week. Ghuus on notice.

Lashley

Err, why have they changed Star Lords origins?

Seems pointless, especially with the movie having recently come out.

VanWinkle

I read two issues of Rocket Racoon last night. I thought that they were legit great. It was issue 7 and 8 I believe. It was about Rocket having to get the yolk from a dragons egg to save Groot who has been poisioned and can't regrow. It was funny and there was a bit that was quite emotional. But more than anything the art was fantastic. The rest of the series isnt by the artist it seems. The art is by Andrade.

I was happy to see today that he is the artist on Rocket & Groot starting next month.

I really love that art.

Lashley

I preferred his old origin tbh,

Was really dull for a #1 too. He's 18 here? Definitely not 616 Quill then?

Btw Messi, that spoiler is for Deadpool

Sandfox

I preferred his old origin tbh,

Was really dull for a #1 too. He's 18 here? Definitely not 616 Quill then?

Btw Messi, that spoiler is for Deadpool

Star-Lord's backstory was changed at the beginning of Bendis' Guardians run and this is just continuing that with the whole run being an origin story.

Lashley

Star-Lord's backstory was changed at the beginning of Bendis' Guardians run and this is just continuing that with the whole run being an origin story.

Ah, didn't realize that. I'll continue reading, just hope its good. Cosmic Marvel has been poor for a while.

Messi

Ah, didn't realize that. I'll continue reading, just hope its good. Cosmic Marvel has been poor for a while.

I know its not ok to say this around here but I really enjoyed the first hardcover 1-12 of Bendis Guardians that I read. He had Angela in that run and I love Angela especially when she is fighting/teaming with Gamora. Eagerly awaiting the second hardcover. Bendis always works with artists that are amazing and fit my tastes too. My only problem is that he writes a shit Rocket.

Messi

Ahhhhh, new Ms. Marvel is so good. The new artist is rad, too. Really fits the same feel that Alphona's art gave the book.

Tell me Alphona is still on the book. He is the only person I have seen on that book who I like in any way. Everyone else has this wierd style but Alphona's style is perfect for Ms Marvel.

Godzilla in Hell #5.

dead2.gif

But then...

GLORIOUS SKREEONK. >:D

What a wild, strange, incredible ride this series has been. And the final issue is so mind-blowingly INSANE that I'm still freaking out over it. I don't even want to read any other comics today.

Vyer

Warms the cockles of my heart to see people discovering Transformers comics.

Also, Vader Down was cool. Really impressed with how Marvel has handled all this Star Wars stuff.

Lashley

Warms the cockles of my heart to see people discovering Transformers comics.

Also, Vader Down was cool. Really impressed with how Marvel has handled all this Star Wars stuff.

Im really enjoying more than meets the eye, i'll read more tomorrow just behind on todays books (and the past few weeks/months :X)

Tell me Alphona is still on the book. He is the only person I have seen on that book who I like in any way. Everyone else has this wierd style but Alphona's style is perfect for Ms Marvel.

Seems Takeshi Miyagawa is on art duties now. But damn, his style is so close to the type of art Alphona does, that you won't mind. Give it a shot, Messi. You'll love it.

Even though you hate change.

Messi

Seems Takeshi Miyagawa is on art duties now. But damn, his style is so close to the type of art Alphona does, that you won't mind. Give it a shot, Messi. You'll love it.

Even though you hate change.

I don't want change. I WANT WHAT I WANT WHY IS SILK EVIL. FUCK OFF.

Gang, I'm not even kidding when I say Godzilla in Hell #5 has one of the most jaw-droppingly insane sequences ever printed in comics. Heads should be exploding from all this f*ck.

Owzers

My birthday is in December and i haven't tried to claim a fake one on comics-gaf so i think i am going to make next month's thread. Starting on it now.

Top Bottom