• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy is a wanted fugitive hated by both populations. I don't think its unfair to say that the Avengers are his enemies. Personally though I find Alex to be a tad hyperbolic.

Still reading through Uncanny Avengers and issue 14 is absolutely mental, based Remender firing on all cylinders.

No its not! The few times the Avengers moved on him, he's neutralized them. Then left them alone. Hell, he even sung the Avengers praises on national TV. The Jean Grey school came under attack by sentinels. Scott team came to their resuce and his quick thinking saved the school from being blown up. He and Captain America have worked together since AvX.

How the hell is any of those people Scott "sworn" enemies. It's just another attempt to paint Scott as a bad guy despite the fact that he's normally on the right side of thing and making the correct calls. Cyclops treatment by Marvel's writes has just been baffling.

What if its a signed limited edition print?

I've gotten signed, limited edition prints for under $50. It would probably be harder to find a print that isn't labeled "limited edition". I just got my Elephantmen Tula Lotay print in the mail yesterday. #8 of 25, and it's actually signed by her. :O

Zombine

Banned
Grand Harrier and I already did Nightfall and Weekly Heroic 28.

KicksRocks.gif

No its not! The few times the Avengers moved on him, he's neutralized them.

The Avengers were not exactly happy about this. Neither was SHIELD.

Then left them alone. Hell, he even sung the Avengers praises on national TV.

This is an interesting interpretation of those events.

The Jean Grey school came under attack by sentinels. Scott team came to their resuce and his quick thinking saved the school from being blown up. He and Captain America have worked together since AvX.

This doesn't actually change the fact that scott was thrown in a maximum security prison for killing Xavier and broke out. He's still a wanted man and isn't pardoned by any means.

How the hell is any of those people Scott "sworn" enemies. It's just another attempt to paint Scott as a bad guy despite the fact that he's normally on the right side of thing and making the correct calls. Cyclops treatment by Marvel's writes has just been baffling.

See the above. Scott is a fugitive and is actively hiding his whereabouts. The government does not know where he is, and the one time the team messed up (by using a cellphone) SHIELD tracked them down in seconds to bring them in. SHIELD and Cyclops are not on good terms, but they don't have a good way to locate him OR take his team out when they do.

fertygo

Axis is pretty fucking shit, its don't make any sense at all.. and I don't want out of all thing, this shit event that changing Cyclops's status quo.. leave it to the X-Book.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
How hard would it be to make a little website where you could answer 6 - 12 questions about your comic book reading preferences and it would spit out recommendations? I could totally write the question/answer stuff but don't know how to code.

I feel like the simplest way to accomplish the same thing would be to make a nice flowchart (like this one).

The Avengers were not exactly happy about this. Neither was SHIELD.

Doesn't make Scott the sworn enemy of the Avengers or shield. He's a torn in their side at worst.

This is an interesting interpretation of those events.
It's what happened.

This doesn't actually change the fact that scott was thrown in a maximum security prison for killing Xavier and broke out. He's still a wanted man and isn't pardoned by any means.
1. Cyclops has never been charged with a crime, let alone brought to trial or convicted.
2. Again none of that makes the X-men his sworn enemies. At this point the other X-man that has a problem with Scott is Beast and Bobby. One of whom broke time and help blow up a world the other is busy being some much of a frozen little bitch that Fire star is telling him to stop being an idiot about Cyclops. Even Wolverine of all people has backed off the Cyclops hate train.

See the above. Scott is a fugitive and is actively hiding his whereabouts. The government does not know where he is, and the one time the team messed up (by using a cellphone) SHIELD tracked them down in seconds to bring them in. SHIELD and Cyclops are not on good terms, but they don't have a good way to locate him OR take his team out when they do.

While it's alway fun to watch Cyclops put think and out maneuver Shield. That's not "sworn" enemy territory. Like I said. Marvel's treatment of Cyclops has been baffling.

Messi

If that was the case, I wouldn't have the new non-Nocenti Catwoman on my pull. And I wouldn't be buying Gotham City Sirens book one along with my Alias omnibus next week.

I know I'm sorry. We can be... What do Catwoman fans call themselves? Kittens?

I need the help badly. My friend isn't exactly
A stellar shooter player, and you know how MLG I am...I try to be nice but holy fuck is it annoying.

tumblr_m1vknqkfDX1qeyt27o1_500.gif

What does this even mean lol

Kipp

So today has been a pretty bittersweet day.
On the one hand, I've been too busy all day to read comics even though I really, really want to read comics.
On the other hand, I got a phone call this morning saying I've got an interview for this well-paying city job and this afternoon the congressional candidate I'm volunteering for asked me if I'd be interested in working for his company after the election is over (he's assuming he'll lose since the odds have always been way against him).

So yeah, bittersweet. :p

Hit the fucking jackpot today. Wife gave me the ok to get Zombie Batman statue but like I said, it didn't floor me. We went out shopping and on the way home we stopped at a comic shop we don't normally go to. They had a 12 year old Young Justice Robin statue with no tag on it. I asked how much it was and they went and got the box and he said its $175 but it hasn't sold for 12 years and if I want it for $65, it's mine. Did not hesitate.

B0BY9CuIIAAem8_.jpg

That's sweet mang

Zombine

Banned
I regularly look through it trying to pick one I like. I think I'll go for something with Pearl in it.

Let's make sure we pick diffefent pieces. I don't wanna step on any toes and you were good about Gamora. The prices are so out of wack though because it seems like all the good pieces are cheap.

Doesn't make Scott the sworn enemy of the Avengers or shield. He's a torn in their side at worst.

When shield deploys a squad of armed commandos to take you in within minutes from anywhere in the country, and sends the avengers A-list after you from anywhere on the planet, that rates a little higher than "thorn in the side."

It's what happened.

It really isn't.

1. Cyclops has never been charged with a crime, let alone brought to trial or convicted.

Cyclops was convicted and thrown into a maximum security prison on a murder charge, then busted out. Look up state and federal laws on whether or not that's a crime.

2. Again none of that makes the X-men his sworn enemies.

They weren't talking about the Xmen specifically, they were talking about everyone else.

At this point the other X-man that has a problem with Scott is Beast and Bobby.

Missed Wolverine, did you? But even that aside, it's factually incorrect. Every issue of Uncanny since "the last will and testament of charles Xavier" points out that Scott is on EVERYONE'S shit list, not just Beast and Bobby. Those two are just the least pleasant about it.

One of whom broke time and help blow up a world the other is busy being some much of a frozen little bitch that Fire star is telling him to stop being an idiot about Cyclops. Even Wolverine of all people has backed off the Cyclops hate train.

He really hasn't.

Cyclops3_zps11b291a1.png

Dont confuse "not trying to gut him" with "doesn't hate him". The contempt bleeds right off the page.

While it's alway fun to watch Cyclops put think and out maneuver Shield. That's not "sworn" enemy territory. Like I said. Marvel's treatment of Cyclops has been baffling.

"Sworn enemy" is "you are a fugitive from the US and from shield, and we're taking you in by any means necessary." There are dozens of instances where Shield says exactly this.

Messi

Let's make sure we pick diffefent pieces. I don't wanna step on any toes and you were good about Gamora. The prices are so out of wack though because it seems like all the good pieces are cheap.

It's must be like that because of the sheer quantity of pages they have.

Cyclops was convicted and thrown into a maximum security prison on a murder charge, then busted out. Look up state and federal laws on whether or not that's a crime.

Nope Cyclops was never formally changed, tried or convicted. The "powers that be" put him in a jails general population hoping someone would kill him because they knew they could never convict him. They couldn't just "disappear" him because Captain America wouldn't allow it. Go back and read Avengers vs X-men Consequences. Scott knew this and even explained as much to Wolverine when he came to visit Cyclops in jail kill him. Hell Scott was even willing to let it happen.

The Sworn enemies line was stupid and not at all in line what what actually been happening. An a attempt to paint Cyclops as a bad guy.

Doom and Richard's Sworn enemy.
Sabertooth is Wolverine's Sworn enemy
Goblin is Spider-Man's Sworn enemy
Hell, Mr Sinister is Cyclop's Sworn enemy!

Cyclops was fighting along side various Avengers and X-men and his brother. None of which were Cyclop's Sworn enemies.

Nope Cyclops was never formally changed, tried or convicted. The "powers that be" put him in a jails general population hoping someone would kill him because they knew they could never convict him. They couldn't just "disappear" him because Captain America wouldn't allow it. Go back and read Avengers vs X-men Consequences. Scott knew this and even explained as much to Wolverine when he came to visit Cyclops in jail kill him. Hell Scott was even willing to let it happen.

The "powers that be" stuck him in a specially designed mutant block intended to imprison mutant criminals, instead of killing him outright. Not because "captain america" disagreed, but because the private entity that ran the facility wanted to demonstrate that they could contain him indefinitely INSTEAD of just "disappearing" (i.e. killing) him, because there's profit in being able to contain the emerging mutant population. It's right there in AVX consequences, which I did just read, thanks.

As for the rest of that, no one in guantanamo has been formally tried either, yet they are all prisoners of the US government, and don't get to leave. What do you think happens if one of them breaks out? He's "free to go?" The act of breaking out of a maximum security facility is itself a first degree felony. Cyclops is a criminal by every definition of the word.

The Sworn enemies line was stupid and not at all in line what what actually been happening. An a attempt to paint Cyclops as a bad guy.

Doom and Richard's Sworn enemy.
Sabertooth is Wolverine's Sworn enemy
Goblin is Spider-Man's Sworn enemy
Hell, Mr Sinister is Cyclop's Sworn enemy!

Cyclops was fighting along side various Avengers and X-men and his brother. None of which were Cyclop's Sworn enemies.

The same avengers- Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, and Hawkeye, that told scott "you're a murderer, we saw you kill charles xavier, and you're under arrest?" in Uncanny #4?

zargle

Hey Comic-Gaf, question for you. My GF is writing an article about graphic novels that are great for or aimed at a more teen audience, especially ones that have been released in the last year or two. So more like recent YA graphic novels, I guess. I haven't been reading much this year besides what I was reading on Marvel Unlimited, so I am not really of much use here, but I was hoping someone here could offer some suggestions. Thanks!

Kipp

Wolverine and the X-Men God damn. When Latour gets good artists rocking for him. My goodness. Harren. Bertram. Wimberly. Rodriguez. Shalvey.

Insane.

Daaaayuuuum. Talk about an all-star lineup.
Or alternately, GrandHarrier's vision of hell.

The "powers that be" stuck him in a specially designed mutant block intended to imprison mutant criminals, instead of killing him outright. Not because "captain america" disagreed, but because the private entity that ran the facility wanted to demonstrate that they could contain him indefinitely INSTEAD of just "disappearing" (i.e. killing) him, because there's profit in being able to contain the emerging mutant population. It's right there in AVX consequences, which I did just read, thanks.

Then read it again. Cyclops was never going to see a trial. They stuck him in gen pop because they wanted another prisoner to kill him.

As for the rest of that, no one in guantanamo has been formally tried either, yet they are all prisoners of the US government, and don't get to leave. What do you think happens if one of them breaks out? He's "free to go?" The act of breaking out of a maximum security facility is itself a first degree felony. Cyclops is a criminal by every definition of the word.

Being detained without trial doesn't make you a criminal. Sorry your wrong.

The same avengers- Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, and Hawkeye, that told scott "you're a murderer, we saw you kill charles xavier, and you're under arrest?" in Uncanny #4?

Yes I agree the Avengers were being retarded because they KNEW he was being possessed by Phoenix at the time of Xavier death. Hell, half their team are murderers. Still doesn't make them Sworn enemies. And we know for a fact that Scott doesn't consider them his enemy.

Cheska

Hey Comic-Gaf, question for you. My GF is writing an article about graphic novels that are great for or aimed at a more teen audience, especially ones that have been released in the last year or two. So more like recent YA graphic novels, I guess. I haven't been reading much this year besides what I was reading on Marvel Unlimited, so I am not really of much use here, but I was hoping someone here could offer some suggestions. Thanks!

Ms.Marvel
Young Avengers-Gillen and McKelvie
Lumberjanes
The Runaways
Rat Queens
Batgirl
Gotham academy
Morning Glories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom