• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drayco21

has Avengers world been worth it atall?

It's my least favorite Avenger book right now, but considering how fantastic all of them are, that's far from complaints. It's a fun, enjoyable book that highlights less important Avengers, but it feels a lot more skippable than the rest.

Hagi

Shit, I didn't see the word "world" there. Carry on.

Lol I did the same

Anyone else go through phases of buying floppies only to realise how much space they take up and get pulled back to digital? Seems like I go through this every six months..instant access, better price and amazing IQ helps too.

J10

Banned
I found a copy of Iron Man #55 Vol. 1 with Thanos' and Drax's first appearances.

Thanos uses a robot decoy in his first fucking appearance. What an asshole.

I like Avengers World, but I'm only one trade in. I was interested in the stuff that was going on in the previous Secret Avengers arc and it picked that up.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I found a copy of Iron Man #55 Vol. 1 with Thanos' and Drax's first appearances.

Thanos uses a robot decoy in his first fucking appearance. What an asshole.

I hope the climatic fightscene was an aweome dancebattle!

(Have this Issue here on my desk, too... Have it lying since I saw Guradians of the Galaxy and didnt touched it since then...)

J10

Banned
I hope the climatic fightscene was an aweome dancebattle!

(Have this Issue here on my desk, too... Have it lying since I saw Guradians of the Galaxy and didnt touched it since then...)

It ends with Iron Man punching Thanos and his head cracks open, revealing it to be a robot, and then the robot explodes.

Thanos has been this way since jump. Amazing.

Messi

Who is responsible for this? I just found it on my hard drive and it gave me a chuckle

5XCgZLg.png

Zombine

Banned
Just finished Locke & Key vol 1 and holy crap is that book good. After reading issue 1 I wasn't sure if it would live up to the hype, but it all came together in the end and I was hooked. I'll have to order all the other hardcovers tonight.

Just finished Locke & Key vol 1 and holy crap is that book good. After reading issue 1 I wasn't sure if it would live up to the hype, but it all came together in the end and I was hooked. I'll have to order all the other hardcovers tonight.

I got to meet the artist Gabriel Rodriguez for a class. I just wish I had read Locke & Key by then. I hope I get him to sign my books the next local convention he attends.

Does anybody know if he's working on anything right now?

Zombine

Banned
It looks like they're re-formatting the hardcovers sometime in 2015, and I don't really dig the new look. I get what they are going for, but the current hardcovers look sick.

Edit: holy shit they sell the keys.

Messi

It looks like they're re-formatting the hardcovers sometime in 2015, and I don't really dig the new look. I get what they are going for, but the current hardcovers look sick.

The current hardcovers for Lock & Key might be my fav hardcovers I own. They are just fantastic. what do the new ones look like?

Messi

Little Nemo reboot. Second issue is taking forever to come out, but probably because its a larger-than-normal page count and every page looks something like this

tumblr_napo5iB05A1qeeerco1_1280.jpg

little_nemo__return_to_slumberland_1_page_18_color_by_nelsondaniel-d7t886f.jpg

Holy shit. That second image is breathtaking. I might just have to pick this up.

Locke & Key Master Edition Volume 1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/1631402242/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I get what they are going for, but I don't like the art.

No thank you. Get the current ones while you can. Yuck.

While we're on the subject, can you guys help me decide what I should play next >.>

Demon's Souls
Deus Ex HR
Darksiders
Valkyria Chronicles
XCOM Enemy Unknown

Halp halp

Valkyria Chronicles was the best jrpg I played last gen, utterly amazing game (full disclosure - never played Xenoblade).

Deus Ex was one of the five best games from last gen. I'd really recommend the Director's Cut if you can manage it, big improvement.

Zombine

Banned
No thank you. Get the current ones while you can. Yuck.

Just bought the other 5 volumes. I can't wait!

Edit: I'm probably going to end up buying those keys as well.

Deus Ex was one of the five best games from last gen. I'd really recommend the Director's Cut if you can manage it, big improvement.

I never played the Director's Cut, but I did 100% the original release + DLC on Xbox. I unfortunately sold the game about two years ago when I was hard on cash, and I'm not sure what console I would pick up the Directors Cut on.

Messi

Just bought the other 5 volumes. I can't wait!

Edit: I'm probably going to end up buying those keys as well.

You know it keeps getting better...

Did you also know that its final issue was defeated in glorious fashion in the comic of the month vote by Harley Quinn #1

Edit: issue error

Zombine

Banned
This was pre Zombine? Pre Kipp even?

The victory could have been even more glorious.

Lol Kipp pick up a single? Don't say that. Even the thought of him having to spend $3 on 30 pages will make him sweat profusely.

Someone get me the paper towels.

Zombine

Banned
I hate to say this though, but that cover is just absolutely fucking awful. It's so Nu52 it hurts. Even as fans of the book you gotta admit she looks like she belongs on the front of that next R.L. Stine book Night of The Living Dummy IV.

arkon

Oversized in terms of pages, but the dimensions are almost identical. That binding is gonna suck.

Why would the binding suck? It looks to be a similar page count (only 56 pages more if the listing is accurate) to the Transformers Phase 2 hardcover they put out in September. The binding on that is fine. I doubt 56 more pages is going to ruin that. Besides I've not heard too many complaints about IDW hardcovers in general.

Zombine

Banned
Why would the binding suck? It looks to be a similar page count (only 56 pages more if the listing is accurate) to the Transformers Phase 2 hardcover they put out in September. The binding on that is fine. I doubt 56 more pages is going to ruin that. Besides I've not heard too many complaints about IDW hardcovers in general.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about binding. It just seems really thick to me.

c3c.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom