• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
looking.gif

This page is creepy already.

Shame on everyone NOT recommending X-Com before. That game is amazing.

Hearing that Amadeus is back in Avengers really makes me wanna catch up with Avengers/New Avengers since oh man I loved Incredible Herc, but I have to admit I'm a bit intimidated by the reading order.

What is this Armstrong and Archer? Incredible Herc and Amadeus Cho?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Hahaha. Oh man. Just read the last two issues of The Auteur. That was such a fantastic read. Absolutely hilarious.

The last issue especially, I was laughing the whole way through.
The whole scene where everyone is drenched in blood because the drugs/spider venom caused them to bleed profusely. And when he introduced the premiere of his movie while being super depressed because the girl didn't show up with "Good Evening. Nothing exists except atoms and empty space. Everything else is fucking opinion."

That book was too much fun. I'm already looking forward to re-reading it.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
This was pre Zombine? Pre Kipp even?

The victory could have been even more glorious.

I think that was about the time I started lurking the thread. Can't remember for sure though.

Lol Kipp pick up a single? Don't say that. Even the thought of him having to spend $3 on 30 pages will make him sweat profusely.

Someone get me the paper towels.

Imagine if Kipp tried to follow a Marvel book every month

"$5.99 for this issue?"

You guys know me too well. Haha

Messi

I think that was about the time I started lurking the thread. Can't remember for sure though.

You guys know me too well. Haha

Kipp please be advised that Harley Quinn Vol 1: Hot in the city is out this Wednesday and that you should drop it into your next IST order. You can thank me later. I think you will enjoy it.

Kipp please be advised that Harley Quinn Vol 1: Hot in the city is out this Wednesday and that you should drop it into your next IST order. You can thank me later. I think you will enjoy it.

I'll grab it eventually, just not right now. I need the Alias omnibus and book one of Gotham City Sirens this week.

Damn theres an Alias Omnibus? I want it :/

I want Journey Into Mystery back. Sif was awesome and deserved more issues.

There was no good reason for that to go away.

In the spirit of pipe dreams I want a new Incredible Hercules series :/

yesyesyesyesyesssss

Just finished Locke & Key vol 1 and holy crap is that book good. After reading issue 1 I wasn't sure if it would live up to the hype, but it all came together in the end and I was hooked. I'll have to order all the other hardcovers tonight.

Locke and Key is so damn good, I loved it

OMG I beat Korupt list

Batman Eternal #29
Catwoman #35
Harley Quinn #11
G.I. Joe #2
Elephantmen #60
Wicked + Divine #5
Alias Omnibus New PTG
Amazing Spider-man #8
Avengers #37

I'm so excited for this week!

AQUAMAN #35 $2.99
ARKHAM MANOR #1 $2.99
BATMAN ETERNAL #29 $2.99
CATWOMAN #35 $2.99
DEATHSTROKE #1 $2.99
HARLEY QUINN #11 $2.99
INFINITY MAN AND THE FOREVER PEOPLE #4 $2.99
MULTIVERSITY THE JUST #1 $4.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #25 (WEEKLY) $2.99
SUPERMAN #35 $3.99
REVIVAL #24 (MR) $2.99
SHELTERED #12 (MR) $2.99
WICKED & DIVINE #5 (MR) $3.50

Nudull

Banned
A Pull-list on Elm Street

Amazing Spider-Man #8
Bee & Puppycat #5
Catwoman #35
Edward Scissorhands #1
Superman #35
TMNT/Ghostbusters #1
Wicked + Divine #5

Just bought the other 5 volumes. I can't wait!

Edit: I'm probably going to end up buying those keys as well.

I never played the Director's Cut, but I did 100% the original release + DLC on Xbox. I unfortunately sold the game about two years ago when I was hard on cash, and I'm not sure what console I would pick up the Directors Cut on.

It's pretty much agreed that the Wii U version is the all around most definitive. It does cool stuff with the gamepad. The PC version looks good but had some issues.

Maaan...

You guys kept mentioning it nonstop, so it eventually picked my curiosity, i mean, who the fuck likes hawkeye, of all people? So i read the 20 issues.

Gods, she's so great. Barney too.
Could do with quite a lot less emo clint and brossians, tho.

Maaan...

You guys kept mentioning it nonstop, so it eventually picked my curiosity, i mean, who the fuck likes hawkeye, of all people? So i read the 20 issues.

Gods, she's so great. Barney too.
Could do with quite a lot less emo clint and brossians, tho.
Now you have to read Superior Foes of Spider-Man

Nudull

Banned
So Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmioti, Todd Nauck :)D), Mike Deodato Jr., Kyle Higgins, Scott Lobdell (...), Man of Action (for some reason), Greg Land (for some reason), and several other folks are all coming to a new covention in my area next February. Do I take the plunge, ComicsGAF?

So Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmioti, Todd Nauck :)D), Mike Deodato Jr., Kyle Higgins, Scott Lobdell (...), Man of Action (for some reason), Greg Land (for some reason), and several other folks are all coming to a new covention in my area next February. Do I take the plunge, ComicsGAF?

Why wouldn't you?

Maybe you could commission Greg Land to draw something without tracing.

Deathstroke #1
Catwoman #35
Superman #35
Wicked + Divine #5
New Warriors #11
Bee & Puppycat #5

It's deceptive that I've been using the most words in my posts talking about the slightly negative aspects of The Auteur though, because really that's just me being nitpicky and I think the book is great fun and mostly brilliant.
nah, you're good. It doesn't really play it safe (well, obvi) and sometimes it doesn't hit the mark. But when it does, lol. Glad to see another reader. I'm about due for a reread soon

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I just finished the 'Golden Age' arc in Bendis DD (with the first kingpin Alexander Bont). This entire run has been incredible, but this story was definitely my favorite and a real highlight. A bit sad I'm already nearing the end of this, what a great ride.

Splatt

I just finished the 'Golden Age' arc in Bendis DD (with the first kingpin Alexander Bont). This entire run has been incredible, but this story was definitely my favorite and a real highlight. A bit sad I'm already nearing the end of this, what a great ride.

Yeah, it truly is a great ride.

Your post really got me in the mood to reread it.

Anytime I hear the term "Golden Age arc", I automatically think of Berserk.

Now I'm disappointed.

Bii

There's no reason not to.

I mentioned it in one of these threads before but a new convention (Zappcon) started up in my city this weekend. It has a mixture of everything from comics, role-playing, anime, video games, among many other hobbies. I only attended the first day and was mainly looking to fill up my sketchbook. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures while I was at the con.

One of the artists that caught my eye was Justin Prime. He was selling some of his prints and his TMNT piece looked great. I asked if he was comfortable drawing Batman and he said sure. I gave him my sketchbook and he asked if he could look at other drawings that were done in my book. I said sure and as soon as he flipped it open, he saw Edwin Huang's commission and just about turned over. He flipped to the next page and saw Long Vo's. He reluctantly says "...I know these guys. And you want me to follow them up? DAMN!" He chuckled and I gave him my utmost confidence that he'll do good based on the prints he had on his table. He even posted a video on his Instagram of this dilemma. Here's the finished product. It was only $10 and I was floored at how amazing it was. I tipped him some extra cash and I think he was happy with how it came out as well. Very humble guy. I'll definitely look for him again if I attend the cons that he's going to.

ZfNxkTK.jpg

I was most excited to meet Khoi Pham. His art is crazy good in the few Daredevil issues he's worked on. It sucks that I had went digital for a few months and it was during those Daredevil issues that he drew in. Oh well, I wanted his art to grace my sketchbook and this is what he came up with. Phamtastic! I love the crosshatching.

mxwR5IK.jpg

There was another artist (Richard Jacobo, http://instagram.com/rjacobot) that I wanted to get art from and he was only charging $5 for a sketch card-sized drawing! He had a backlog of sketches to get done and I didn't plan to stay there for any longer, so it was a no-go. :(

Something of note, once we got home, we decided to check out our little swag bags. In one of them, we got a paper saying that we won a prize and for us to go redeem it. Of course, this was after we had already left and we don't plan on going on the second day. I wonder what we would have won...

phoenixyz

Sunday-List
Arkham Manor #1
Batman Eternal #29
Harley Quinn #11
Multiversity: The Just
Secret Origins #6
The Unwritten: Apocalypse #10

Tradewaiting Zero.

Hopefully Arkham Manor is better than Gotham Academy.

GrandHarrier Event: The Pull List Culling.

I just murdered my pull list from 50 to 26.

New List:

Worlds' End x4
Batman Eternal x4
Future's End x4
Earth 2
Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
Green Lantern New Guardians
Justice League
Justice League United
Action Comics
Superman
Batman
Batman and Robin
Detective Comics
Grayson
Superman Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman

Some of the cuts were hard but I have some other things that need my current financial attention so even some books I'd like to keep got culled.

Argh, if GH can get his list down to 26 there's no excuse not to drop mine to 40.

Superior Foes and Hawkguy are both ending soon, right?

Edit: and you're even counting weeklies four times....damn. Impressive work, sir.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Let's speed along to the next page so we don't have to look at Olivia Wilde's horrifying attempt to look sexy anymore.

---

Wrapped up Multiple Warheads today, which was okay. All the weirdness and puns you'd expect from Brandon Graham, but it's pretty aimless. King City, and Prophet for that matter, does a far better job of providing all that plus actual plots and forward momentum.

Argh, if GH can get his list down to 26 there's no excuse not to drop mine to 40.

Superior Foes and Hawkguy are both ending soon, right?

Edit: and you're even counting weeklies four times....damn. Impressive work, sir.

I could have waffled over it longer but I knew if I didn't tear into it with a vengeance I wasn't going to be able to make any real headway. Of my original 50 only like 5ish were what I'd call buying just because, you know the stuff that's read last if at all. My target goal was 20 but I just couldn't make that happen. I ended up deciding that I wanted Batman, Superman, Green Lantern as the core of my pulls and then added Earth 2 and Wonder Woman as the secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom