• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

its gonna be a Long Halloween for me this year
ill see my self out

I chuckled.

I read volume one for both Zero and Manhattan Project. Zero was okay but Manhattan Project was amazing. Based Hickman, I don't know how he does it. Think I'm going to skip on Zero and just continue with the Manhattan insanity.

I realised reading Zero I don't care for Trad Moores art.

Messi

I know what Messi sounds like but I need to know what the general consensus was.

But Tradd Moores issue of Zero is amazing :(

I know what Messi sounds like but I need to know what the general consensus was.

I think it included someone on a youtube channel.

Also,

YP7FKo8.jpg

Cheska

Its a bout 2 get Messi in here Ill draw a line in the sand and see my self out

LOL! Now THAT got me :D

Aww, I haven't played Destiny with you guys in a while...

My Sunday has been spent reading the first trade of Superior Foes of Spider-Man, and now I understand the hype.

Zombine

Banned
LOL! Now THAT got me :D

Aww, I haven't played Destiny with you guys in a while...

My Sunday has been spent reading the first trade of Superior Foes of Spider-Man, and now I understand the hype.

The one time we almost played I had to go, and I felt awful because I didn't want you to think I was bailing intentionally.

GH, Korrupt, and I never lose. It's amazing.

ElNarez

Banned
Oh my goodness. That art is insane. Who is that?
The writing and the setting and all that also look incredible. And Damian's outfit is badass.

Edit: Just saw the additional pages. Morrison is killing it. That writing is so good.

Is no one gonna dare answer to Kipp? It's Ben Oliver on pencils. Also did the first few issues of Winnick's Batwing back in the launch of the New 52. Man that was something else.

Anyways the guy is ACE. ACE, I says.

The one time we almost played I had to go, and I felt awful because I didn't want you to think I was bailing intentionally.

GH, Korrupt, and I never lose. It's amazing.

The fact I can sing Mr. Grinch with my terrible voice while playing with you guys and not feel embarrassed is something. Yeah, we don't lose.

I adore Superior Foes...the Superior Superior, if you will....but as the series draws to a close I am glad it's going out strong with the story Spencer wanted to tell having been told. It's been a lot of fun. Few series hit all the notes like that one does.

It also carved out a place in my heart for Mach V, which is its own special achievement.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Is no one gonna dare answer to Kipp? It's Ben Oliver on pencils. Also did the first few issues of Winnick's Batwing back in the launch of the New 52. Man that was something else.

Anyways the guy is ACE. ACE, I says.

Thanks! Hopefully he gets more work. That art is pretty stunning. I can't tell if it's all his pencils or if the inker/colorist has a significant amount to do with it, but whatever it is, the overall effort looks fantastic.

Man, you guys still play videogames!?! I used to play them, but I gave it all up for opium comic books.

Exact same here. Haha

Messi

Man, you guys still play videogames!?! I used to play them, but I gave it all up for opium comic books.

I buy games but I find myself not playing them other than FIFA and NBA 2K. I also collect Blurays but I don't watch most of those for some reason. Comics essentially decimated my other hobbies.

Messi

I just finished reading Rocket Racoon #2. Holy fucking shit Skottie Young. He must have been on some of those comic books when drawing this. Just a visual treat top to bottom. The Splash pages in particular were stellar. The writing is good to great in spots and he seems to have Rocket down pretty well. Interested to see how the book fairs without Skottie art for those one or two issues.

Boogiepop

All I know is you all better buy Bayonetta 2! Don't let it end up like poor Wonderful 101, it still has a chance!
It's a Platinum game on WiiU. It has no chance, I know. But I can still dream...

Owzers

Comics replacing video games? Ahhhh no. No. Just slipped Alien Isolation into my ps4 from gamefly, finished Mordor this morning. Going to play a whole 15 min of Aliens until broncos/49ers comes back on. And i read an issue of Avengers Arena from MU on my tablet during the game. Gotta work things in.

MG310

I don't play them nearly as much, but I'll definitely have to set comics to the side come Friday, when Bayonetta 2 comes out.

This...though I have finally been playing Fallout New Vegas lately. I'll probably pick up Shadow of Mordor and Assassin's Creed sometime before Christmas.

Plus I just tried the Bloodborne beta.
I thought people were joking when they said it's pretty much Nightmare Creatures...but it really is Nightmare Creatures.

Comics replacing video games? Ahhhh no. No. Just slipped Alien Isolation into my ps4 from gamefly, finished Mordor this morning. Going to play a whole 15 min of Aliens until broncos/49ers comes back on. And i read an issue of Avengers Arena from MU on my tablet during the game. Gotta work things in.

Video games will always be my primary hobby, I think. But comics are just as important to me.

Plus I just tried the Bloodborne beta.
I thought people were joking when they said it's pretty much Nightmare Creatures...but it really is Nightmare Creatures.

Holy crap, I completely forgot that Nightmare Creatures ever existed.

you sure you don't have anything else you wanna do first

like nothing at all

hey how about that Multiversity with the Hills universe

640.jpg

640.jpg

oops there were more pages from the preview, the world where Superman and Batman actually won, so their superhero kids don't care about anything. Also, Alexis Luthor is totally teen Emma Frost from New X-Men

608.jpg

608.jpg

608.jpg

I feel like I missed something.

What the hell is this.

you sure you don't have anything else you wanna do first

like nothing at all

hey how about that Multiversity with the Hills universe

640.jpg

640.jpg

oops there were more pages from the preview, the world where Superman and Batman actually won, so their superhero kids don't care about anything. Also, Alexis Luthor is totally teen Emma Frost from New X-Men

608.jpg

608.jpg

608.jpg

THE GOD OF THE COMIC BOOK GAME

I feel like I missed something.

What the hell is this.

You're not ready for this one son.

Cade

So I finally got off my lazy ass to read comics (read: being more lazy) and started with a (re)read of Bruce Wayne: Fugitive.
I first read this ages ago and forgot most of it, but holy hell I love this. Brubaker/Rucka at top form, and just look at these love letters Brubaker did to The Dark Knight Returns:

batman12yx2c.png

batman2xqy7r.png

and Year One:
14725044964_34280aaf3f_b.jpg

Sean Phillips as a guest artist blowin' me away in the first, Scott McDaniel in the second. Hot DAMN.

sorry for giant post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom