• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
21 issues. This is good news, looks like the collection might just be 3 Absolutes and not 4.

Still a lot of money to collect a single series. The only reason I'm excited about this is because it probably means we'll get some bulky TPBs within the next couple years.
Transmetropolitan should've probably been one of the first comics I ever read, as I'm a massive fan of Hunter S. Thompson.

Today I've decided to start on Batman and Son and finally read Morrison's Batman in order. I've only read his Batman and Robin thus far.

This is truly a groundbreaking moment.
Definitely let us know what you think.

So apperantly all DC creators were told to wrap up their stories in the next 6 months: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10...their-stories-to-a-close-before-the-band-aid/

This jives with what I heard from a guy claiming to be an insider who said that Justice League's "Darkseid War" and Batman's "endgame" would conclude those respective runs. What do you guys think? Another reboot on the way or possible return to Post-Crisis universe?

"We all know I tried to imply the reboot of one major comic company. But what my bunko crapsite presupposes is, what if it happened to a second?"

"We all know I tried to imply the reboot of one major comic company. But what my bunko crapsite presupposes is, what if it happened to a second?"
Maybe they're just asking creators to wrap it up because they're taking two months out for a company-wide placeholder event, and they don't want to leave readers hanging for two-plus months on existing storylines like they do every time September rolls around.

Maybe they're just asking creators to wrap it up because they're taking two months out for a company-wide placeholder event, and they don't want to leave readers hanging for two-plus months on existing storylines like they do every time September rolls around.

DING-DING-DING!

This would be it. They're not rebooting the universe 3 1/2 years after their last reboot.

recommended a friend southern bastards, now I feel like an asshole

he sent me a text after finishing 3 saying that he's loving it. and he loves earl. said earl reminds him a lot of his dad before he passed away.

my regular "oh man you're gonna be bummed once he's dead" was replaced with "IM A MONSTER" level of feelings

recommended a friend southern bastards, now I feel like an asshole

he sent me a text after finishing 3 saying that he's loving it. and he loves earl. said earl reminds him a lot of his dad before he passed away.

my regular "oh man you're gonna be bummed once he's dead" was replaced with "IM A MONSTER" level of feelings

Change your phone number, delete him from Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, and pretend the conversation never happened

Its the only choice available to you now

fQT5jyZ.jpg

#dead

DING-DING-DING!

This would be it. They're not rebooting the universe 3 1/2 years after their last reboot.
Or, OR, hear me out on this...

DC wraps up all of its New52 stories in March, then the DC-Band-Aid-Brainiac-and-Darkseid-Attack-the-Multiverse crossover event takes place in April and May. Then in June, as a consequence of DC-Band-Aid-Brainiac-and-Darkseid-Attack-the-Multiverse, DC reverts back to pre-New52 continuity like Flashpoint never happened. Same creative teams like Snyder/Capullo, Johns/Fabok, but pre-New52 books and rosters (Batgirl starring Stephanie Brown, Harley in pre-Juggalo getup, etc.). Even the numbering system goes back to the way it was. June, July, August, then September... September is the big "New52 kills the Pre-New52" shocker, a month-long event in which the New52 characters have to erase old continuity from existence, or be erased themselves. The purge is 99% effective (with one or two escapees making it through), and in October it's back to the New52 continuity.

Then no one can ever ask DC when they're bringing back the pre-New52 continuity, because the answer will be "we did last summer, and it's gone now. Completely erased."

Shiiiiit I was so ready to read She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel today. USPS "sorting error" and now they can't tell me when my package will deliver.

These emotions, too much.

Image solicits are IMsane

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56464

New Criminal
Casanova
Hickman
halp

Casanova-01-1d6b3.jpg

tears are forming in my eyes

edit: CRIMINAL SPECIAL EDITION (ONE-SHOT)
STORY: ED BRUBAKER
ART: SEAN PHILLIPS & ELIZABETH BREITWEISER

thank you comic book deity of choice

double edit: STRAY BULLETS: SUNSHINE & ROSES #1
STORY / ART / COVER: DAVID LAPHAM
JANUARY 21 / 32 PAGES / BW / M / $3.50
STRAY BULLETS CONTINUES WITH THE BEGINNING OF A BRAND-NEW ARC OF STORIES!

My body wasn't ready for this...I just wasn't ready fam...

Messi

BIG HARD SEX CRIMINALS HC
story: MATT FRACTION
art / cover: ZIGGY CHOOCH

JANUARY 14 / 320 PAGES / FC / Mx1000 / $39.99

Collecting the first ten issues of the Eisner and Harvey award-winning, TIME Magazine Best Comic of the year of our lord 2013, SEX CRIMINALS, in an oversized hardcover guaranteed to embarrass you to order.

YES HARDCOVER SEX CRIMS

Holy heck, I just did my Previews order for December and it came in under $50. That hasn't happened in... actually, I don't know when. Image books and Marvel books taking a break that month being the culprit.

She-Hulk cancelled...

I blame each and every one of you pulido hating motherfuckers
The Wimberly interlude did the book in (for me).

While there are a number of new series launching or relaunching in January, Charles Soule's "She-Hulk" reaches its final issue with #12. Thankfully, the mystery of the Blue File will be dealt with, and the copy teases another opportunity being presented to Jen Walters, so maybe we're in store for a soft reboot?

don't tease me bro :(

SCARLET SPIDERS #3 (of 3)
MICHAEL COSTA (W)
PACO DIAZ (A)
Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA
SPIDER-VERSE MARCHES ON!
• The Scarlet Spiders' adventure through SPIDER-VERSE reaches its epic conclusion!
• With the fates of the Spiders from across the multiverse in their hands, can Kaine, Jessica Drew, and Ben Reilly stop Jennix and his machinations of destruction?!
• One of the Scarlet Spiders will have to make the ultimate sacrifice!

Kaine gonna die :(

Cade

New Criminal was expected but awesome. She-Hulk's series dying again is a bummer. Love her. Didn't read any of the new series yet, but what I read of Slott's was great and I genuinely like the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom