• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Um. I don't get it. I just don't see the hype in that Avengers trailer.
I want to get it, but I don't get it. Someone explain me the hype please.

I like this idea. How hard can drawing a skull on fire be?!
we'll see in a week

Your avatar is still my favorite thing I've ever drawn. Haha

fauxtrot

Banned
Is it Marvel or these star writers they cant keep from moving to other pastures (like Image)?

I'm sure it's a bit of both, but I'd much prefer it if they marketed these short runs by people like Ellis and Rucka as a miniseries and allowed them to wrap things up with a satisfying conclusion (if the writer wants to) rather than have the same story continue with a new creative team.

Messi

Um. I don't get it. I just don't see the hype in that Avengers trailer.
I want to get it, but I don't get it. Someone explain me the hype please.

Your avatar is still my favorite thing I've ever drawn. Haha

Avengers doing cool shit and James Spaders voice stealing the show.

I'm sure it's a bit of both, but I'd much prefer it if they marketed these short runs by people like Ellis and Rucka as a miniseries and allowed them to wrap things up with a satisfying conclusion (if the writer wants to) rather than have the same story continue with a new creative team.

Yeah exactly this. Especially Cyclops...it felt like he was really setting up shop for some big stuff and a lotta feels.

Now there are no feels. The book is devoid of all feels.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

No doubt they are trying to milk the name to get people to at least buy a few issues after the writer change.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Finished Black Widows Vol. 1 because the chat with Messi earlier... Really liked the book, the art is fine and story was fine, but still I thought that something was missing... Cant say what, but overall I would give it a 7/10... Next up will be Fearless Defenders.

The leak got took down before I could see it. Just my luck.
The Dailymotion Link, too?

Messi

JNDwOjt.png

Well played Marvel

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Speaking of Ellis, anybody read all six issues of Trees yet? I'm through #3 and I still can't decide if it's just a slow mover.

I'm gonna read 5 and 6 tonight. Its a weird story because its jumping all over the global and you arent sure how these disconnected stories and the titular trees are gonna all connect. It feels like a story that will either end up feeling rushed and unsatisfying or its gonna be a longer run for Ellis, which isnt common. But that might be me projecting since I tend to appreciate the long form stories that take there time more.

Hagi

Speaking of Ellis, anybody read all six issues of Trees yet? I'm through #3 and I still can't decide if it's just a slow mover.

I don't really care about any of the characters, even the magic old guy. I'm kind of meh on the whole thing, it all seems to be set up but for what I'm not sure.

Ultron trailer was pretty ace. I'm so hyped for seeing that character on the big screen.

Then people will wait for the trade which DC and Marvel wants to avoid

Cheska

Thank you based DC gods for bringing a well written Catwoman back! A good fucking start honestly. Reminded me so much of the Brubaker run.

Yeah, I'm digging it. Not much has happened in regards to the trees themselves yet, but there are a few characters that are interesting. I think issue six was solid, but that was mostly due to character drama and my love of all things slice-of-life.

Yeah, I'm digging it. Not much has happened in regards to the trees themselves yet, but there are a few characters that are interesting. I think issue six was solid, but that was mostly due to character drama and my love of all things slice-of-life.
That's because the Trees are a metaphor. That even in the presence of God and wonder, are lives will continue to be as mundane, petty, pointless as they always were.

Vyer

Red Lanterns is my first experience with this Godhead storyline. Anyone reading it? How is it? I've stopped reading most Lantern stuff a while back. Except for Soule of course.

I'm trade waiting it after trying the first issue. Figured I'd let Ellis get to whatever point he gets to before jumping in.

Mars477

Banned
Yeah exactly this. Especially Cyclops...it felt like he was really setting up shop for some big stuff and a lotta feels.

Now there are no feels. The book is devoid of all feels.
That's just tragic.

I guess it's going to be like Checkmate, where Rucka leaves a fairly high concept title (UN backed black ops agency and their politicking, heartwarming father-son roadtrip in SPACE) and things immediately turn to shit.

At least we still have Lazarus and Stumptown.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Gaaah. Viewtiful, your avatar will be a constant reminder that I haven't bought/read Hitman yet.

Soon though. I swear.

Red Lanterns is my first experience with this Godhead storyline. Anyone reading it? How is it? I've stopped reading most Lantern stuff a while back. Except for Soule of course.

I'm trade waiting it after trying the first issue. Figured I'd let Ellis get to whatever point he gets to before jumping in.
It was good in theory, but why they would have a New Gods focused event with a plainer than Great Value bread writer in Venditti is beyond me. GL is stuck in cross over hell. These books need to not cross over for at least a year.

Multiversity was super-rad. My favorite issue yet. It also seems like the story is starting to come together now, whereas the first two issues felt pretty unrelated due to how drastically different the settings were.

frye

At first I was like "no no no no no" /shia lebeauf about that until I read the transcript at the end and their dialog made sense.

Maybe it's just because my brain still hasn't recovered from that yet but do you mean
the one that implies they were just skinny dipping or whatever?

Vyer

Multiversity is the shit.

It was good in theory, but why they would have a New Gods focused event with a plainer than Great Value bread writer in Venditti is beyond me. GL is stuck in cross over hell. These books need to not cross over for at least a year.

Yeah, I tried to give GL a chance after the change but just wasn't feeling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom