• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stray Bullets Killers #8 is just...best book of the month, one of the best single issues of the year, shit is just excellent. These are excellent comics. I will keep preaching this book until you're all sick of it, reading it, and thanking me later.

Maybe it's just because my brain still hasn't recovered from that yet but do you mean
the one that implies they were just skinny dipping or whatever?

Nah, the transcript has them both talking in a kinda stilted, literal way. I think they're both from the Agency, off the grid, and their communication skills aren't that great.

Zombine

Banned
Line in the sand Cheska.

line-in-sand2.jpg

I read the first four issues of Stray Bullets on comixology (I think they were free or something). They were pretty great, definitely going to get that über alles in the next IST.

For now, I got Alias and Ronin coming.

Zombine

Banned
I read the first four issues of Stray Bullets on comixology (I think they were free or something). They were pretty great, definitely going to get that über alles in the next IST.

Ronin is an interesting mess. Not really a highlight in Millers career, but not completely shit either.

i use a 7 and think its fantastic for reading comics, everything pops better than on paper.

Yea, I got a nice little bonus from work coming and it's between a Nexus 9, Wii U, and an Xbox One...I could really use a tablet of my own, as I'm sick of using this busted up Macbook in my recliner. With Lollipop coming soon and the Nexus 9 dropping at the perfect time I think I'm going for it.

Messi

Batwoman #35: WAT?

FREEZA get in here and explain to me why they are fucking with my Batwoman book. This is not what I signed up for, I want Mags and Kate drama /romance with a splash of bat stuff and some supernatural spin. But this.... Again...

Wat

I vote Cheska Btw

I have not done anything since sitting down at my desk except watch the Age of Ultron trailer repeatedly, first the leaked one and then the official one, and read reactions to the Age of Ultron trailer.

Zombine

Banned
I love it. Get to read comics before the comic shop even opens most of the time. Plus, some Image titles are cheaper on Comixology. Love not having to organize floppies!

About what? Haha. Are we rating me?

I do a combination of both. The sales on Comixology are too good to pass up.

And lol...I swear that was a half thought. Messi never told us what the line in the sand is between.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Nice! I just read Ronin and really enjoyed it. I'm glad you picked it up!

Ronin is an interesting mess. Not really a highlight in Millers career, but not completely shit either.

What didn't you like about it?
I thought it was up there with Martha Washington and Dark Knight Returns (though not quite better than either of those). In my opinion, the art was fantastic and the story was engrossing. The only thing I didn't like was the last page, which I didn't think was a great way to cap off a really good story.

frye

yo Frye where is your avatar from?

It's from the David Mazzucchelli/Paul Karasik adaptation of City of Glass

Nah, the transcript has them both talking in a kinda stilted, literal way. I think they're both from the Agency, off the grid, and their communication skills aren't that great.

hmm maybe. In hindsight I should've realized something was up when Zero literally goes "my lady" in the transcript

Also kind of related: I went back to issue 2 (the one in Northern Ireland) because of Siobhan's name, and the daughter of the guy he's supposed to kill is name is Kit, which is totally an Ennis Hellblazer nod

e: also they kill some dang chickens in that one too

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
LCS. Only $7 there so I imagine you can find cheaper somewhere else. I need to remember the brand and check online for them.

I'd really like to know where to get one of these frames as well. I still need to put my signed Next Men #21 on the wall.

Edit: Found the frame!
Second Edit: All the reviews say it breaks super easily (and usually arrives already broken). Hmm.

I'd really like to know where to get one of these frames as well. I still need to put my signed Next Men #21 on the wall.

Edit: Found the frame!
Second Edit: All the reviews say it breaks super easily (and usually arrives already broken). Hmm.

Edit - I have 6 of them and they are all fine.

Edit - whoops, didn't edit, double posted, sorry.

fauxtrot

Banned
My shop didn't get any Catwoman issues today... :(

I bought a bunch of Zero single issues instead to help ease the pain... just need #1 and #4.

Batwoman #35: WAT?

FREEZA get in here and explain to me why they are fucking with my Batwoman book. This is not what I signed up for, I want Mags and Kate drama /romance with a splash of bat stuff and some supernatural spin. But this.... Again...

Wat

Yeah, I was pretty relieved when I finished the last page. Relieved because it was over and I didn't have to read anymore. And they totally copied the
Groot scene from Guardians by having Clayface stretch around everyone to protect them
. I need Kate x Maggie drama, not vampires and space hijinx.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
My shop didn't get any Catwoman issues today... :(

I bought a bunch of Zero single issues instead to help ease the pain... just need #1 and #4.

Good man. Issue 4 is incredible--definitely one of my favorite extended fight sequences in a book.

Cheska

Seriously though. Is someone at dc fucking with me? Did Nocenti ghost write Batwoman 35? It's the only explanation

Yeah, I was pretty relieved when I finished the last page. Relieved because it was over and I didn't have to read anymore. And they totally copied the
Groot scene from Guardians by having Clayface stretch around everyone to protect them
. I need Kate x Maggie drama, not vampires and space hijinx.
Hahaha, shitty issue with nonsensical dialogue and plot. Even the vampire drama was better than this.
She-Hulk was good until I got to the last page and I realized it was cancelled

good job, Kipp
It really was a stellar issue. Loved the legality of if, felt so much more legit because of Soule's background.

Messi

Hahaha, shitty issue with nonsensical dialogue and plot. Even the vampire drama was better than this.

It really was a stellar issue. Loved the legality of if, felt so much more legit because of Soule's background.

Am I alone in really enjoying the vampire stuff? I assume we won't hear about that again though.

Grayson #3 was just perfect. What a complete comic book. Had everything. My heart was beating quite fast in those last 2-3 pages. If you are not reading this series jump in its quite brilliant. Oh and the art was on point this month.

Dat title page.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm like 700 posts behind on this thread just from not being on GAF today, but you are in for a good book! Prohet 39-43 are amazing. 44 and 45 were a letdown to me, but I think they were setting up for Strikefile and Earth War.

Sweet, good to hear. I'm excited. It's been too long, it'll be a full year between volumes. It's like the one Image book that decided even DC's schedule was too prompt.

Watched movie 3 in the Ghibli festival, Castle in the Sky. It is so beautiful and I love the music too. Kiki's Delivery Service is showing next Wednesday.

I'm new to comics. The only other Ellis stuff I've read is the Extremis arc of Iron Man.

Planetary
Transmetropolitan
Global Frequency
The Authority

are all quite brilliant. You should read them if you have a chance.

Korupt here for another edition of arts and crafts comic edition. This time, go to your local grocery and buy a few of those cute $1 baby pumpkins. Then come home and open your copy of Long Halloween and draw the face with a permanent marker and you have little comic inspired Halloween decorations.

http://instagram.com/p/uenPczrJlg/

Wow, deadpool this week was fantastic. I'll be genuinely surprised if anyone handles their character's inversion as well and Posehn and Duggan.

Ronin is interesting. Its a a guy who free reign to do anything he wanted, raw as shit, so he found a way to marry his two biggest loves, Lone Wolf and Cub and Moebius euro sci-fi comics. I wouldn't put it in my favorites of his work, or my least favorites, but I do find myself coming back to more often than either, funny enough. And you wouldn't got the more polished comics like DKR if he didn't work out his craftsmanship here, especially in his editing style.

3098468533_d2958c8a42_o.jpg

Ronin is interesting. Its a a guy who free reign to do anything he wanted, raw as shit, so he found a way to marry his two biggest loves, Lone Wolf and Cub and Moebius euro sci-fi comics. I wouldn't put it in my favorites of his work, or my least favorites, but I do find myself coming back to more often than either, funny enough. And you wouldn't got the more polished comics like DKR if he didn't work out his craftsmanship here, especially in his editing style.

I've never read it, and notice that the deluxe hardcover just came out. Worth adding to a future IST order?

ReiGun

Just read issues two and three of Multiversity. Issue 2 was more my style, but both were good. Already anticipating the feast Morrison and Quitely gonna give us next issue.
rejoice.png

Guess I'll continue my quest to get back into the comics swing of it all with Deadly Class and Sex Criminals. Hope they're still good. (._. )

ElNarez

Banned
Just read issues two and three of Multiversity. Issue 2 was more my style, but both were good. Already anticipating the feast Morrison and Quitely gonna give us next issue.
rejoice.png

I mean seriously, the fact that the story seems to be ramping way up added to the fact next issue is PAX GODDAMN AMERICANA just brought my expectations so far up it's crazy.

e: Seriously? Heroes being dicks is your jam? I liked AXIS better when it was THE LAST THREE YEARS OF DC COMICS. BOOM. SHOTS FIRED.

MG310

Apparently Midtown is sending me the International version of the Harley Rub & Smell issue.

I don't even know what that entails.

Maybe I'll get the USA edition of the Bombshells cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom