• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

The run has been exceptional and highly reccomendable. The only real bump is the arc before AXIS where I seriously disliked the art.

Also, Attilan Rising.
Next year we'll have a bunch of events, but this one doesn't seem to be related to Secret Wars or whatever the other old events are about.

Medusa stepping on Cyke's head? Final nail in the coffin for those dirty mutants!

Hagi

The run has been exceptional and highly recommendable. The only real bump is the arc before AXIS where I seriously disliked the art.

Sweet a huge bunch of it is on Marvel Unlimited but i think I'm going to get it from comixology.

inhumans-attilan-rising-2015-EW-watermark.jpg

This looks ace who is the flaming kid kneeling down? a new Inhuman? I'm ready for some Black Bolt wrecking people under his breath.

ElNarez

Banned
so, reading Deathstroke, and this is the second post new-52 #1 written and penciled by Tony Daniel, and it begs the question: what the fuck is his deal with faces? not that he's bad at drawing them, I mean: FACE VIOLENCE. Detective Comics #1 had face mutilation, this is like, faces straight up being SHATTERED.

WHAT'S WITH THE ANTI-FACE AGENDA HUH #FACEGATE #FOLLOWTHEMONEY

I really hope Fantomex shows up in AXIS at some point. He's really perfect for the thematics of the piece. I never dared dream it would be doing such a good job of continuing Uncanny X-Force's narrative.

Hagi

I really hope Fantomex shows up in AXIS at some point. He's really perfect for the thematics of the piece. I never dared dream it would be doing such a good job of continuing Uncanny X-Force's narrative.

Could you imagine his reaction to
adult Evan

I had no idea Axis was 9 issues glad that it's weekly.

I'll say it.

Fuck Iron Man.

Not really a unique opinion in regards to his comic iteration. I love MCU Tony though.

ElNarez

Banned

Dude. DUDE. X-Force. DUDE. It is exactly that except with NONE of Remender's bullshit. AND THEN SOME. DUDE.

X-Force #1 was so bad I swore off that shit for good. Same trash artist on board, too. Miss a nigga with that shit, Spurrier. You ever get Sean Murphy or Jeff Stokely to draw your scripts agqin, you get at me

Hagi

X-Force 1 would have been better if it was someone else narrating it. I dont really have an issue with the art style. I'm reading it through Unlimited though, its not that interesting that I'd pay for it.

Tizoc

Man I can't believe More than meets the eye #34 is releasing next week, felt like FOREVER since the last issue.
...I can't find a preview of it =_=

Man I can't believe More than meets the eye #34 is releasing next week, felt like FOREVER since the last issue.
...I can't find a preview of it =_=
Every week I am continually disappointed when I don't see it in ComicList.

I just love the characters so much.

Dude. DUDE. X-Force. DUDE. It is exactly that except with NONE of Remender's bullshit. AND THEN SOME. DUDE.

I was into it for a few issues and then my buddy kinda deflated Spurrier's balloon for me and I can't really dig it anymore.

Something about writing smarter than he actually is. I don't know but I can't swing his whole

DIALOGUE DIALOGUE
smaller dialogue people really talk like this right
DIALOGUE DIALOGUE

thing.

Super nitpicky, I know, but there you have it.

ElNarez

Banned
I was into it for a few issues and then my buddy kinda deflated Spurrier's balloon for me and I can't really dig it anymore.

Something about writing smarter than he actually is. I don't know but I can't swing his whole

DIALOGUE DIALOGUE
DIALOGUE DIALOGUE

thing.

yeah and Snyder writes about Dads and horse violence and Morrison puts cats everywhere and Kot is just hitting "random" on Wikipedia and writing around the results and Tony Daniel hates faces THAT'S NO EXCUSE especially when dealing with a book that's so fucking tight. IT'S ALL A GIANT PAYOFF. It's amazing.

DIALOGUE DIALOGUE
DIALOGUE DIALOGUE

thing.

I'm with YA Birdie. Brah is way too verbose. Show don't tell. This is comics.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'll say it.

Fuck Iron Man.

Seconded. I didn't even like what I read of the Fraction run (but that could very well have been because of the dreadful Larroca art).

In fact, I've got the Invincible Iron Man volume 1 OHC that I've been meaning to give away to a loving home for a while now...

X-Force #1 was so bad I swore off that shit for good. Same trash artist on board, too. Miss a nigga with that shit, Spurrier. You ever get Sean Murphy or Jeff Stokely to draw your scripts agqin, you get at me

Stokely told me at Long Beach Comic Con that him and Spurrier are working on another creator-owned book!

Seconded. I didn't even like what I read of the Fraction run (but that could very well have been because of the dreadful Larroca art).

In fact, I've got the Invincible Iron Man volume 1 OHC that I've been meaning to give away to a loving home for a while now...

Extremis was good. A little underwhelming, but definitely recommended.

arkon

DIALOGUE DIALOGUE
DIALOGUE DIALOGUE

thing.

I don't know. From reading his X-Positions at CBR he seems to know what he's on about and talks a lot of sense. Whether he achieves the intended effect will be down to the individual reader. Loves to ramble though, but I generally enjoy reading what he has to say in them.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Spurrier seems to be one of the more clever writers at the moment. I'm loving the focus on mental illness in X-Force. It's not an easy theme and I feel he's tackling it right.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'm totally getting why people love Goran Parlov so much. His style is fairly subtle, but incredibly solid and well-done. And he does a great job on drawing detailed backgrounds (including people in the background).
Really enjoying Fury MAX so far. Besides the art, Ennis's writing is obviously fantastic.

Oh, and also, the art on the hardcover underneath the dustjacket is pretty great. I love that Marvel is starting to do that now, rather than just having the logo for the series or something.

Forever is a cutie patootie. :3

What's that from?

I can hardly imagine how bad the Nocenti run was now that I've read Catwoman 35. Not that it's a bad book, but jesus people sure got excited about a lot of talking heads and, ahem, no Catwoman. Book of the month? Oooookay ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom