• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of making the Snyder batman run my next series of trades I end up buying. Either that or get back into Invincible (I last left off a little bit after the viltrumite war. Didn't really like what the series was doing, seemed like it didn't have any purpose, which made sense since that was a HUGE story arc that was finished. Looking at the trades I must have stopped somewhere around volume 14 or 15. Anyone know if it got better?)

and with Snyder's Batman, where do I start? Court of Owls?

I'm thinking of making the Snyder batman run my next series of trades I end up buying. Either that or get back into Invincible (I last left off a little bit after the viltrumite war. Didn't really like what the series was doing, seemed like it didn't have any purpose, which made sense since that was a HUGE story arc that was finished. Looking at the trades I must have stopped somewhere around volume 14 or 15. Anyone know if it got better?)

and with Snyder's Batman, where do I start? Court of Owls?

Start with Black Mirror and then read the New 52 stuff

Messi.

Are we about to have words?
Gail has been very very hit or miss in her career. The movement and red Sonja were good but her batgirl was so meh. And Gail can't write a good WW to save her life. Her best work was Secret Six. I really hope she still has the magic with that series and it's not like her bland as hell second run of BoP.

Nudull

Banned
Gail has been very very hit or miss in her career. The movement and red Sonja were good but her batgirl was so meh. And Gail can't write a good WW to save her life. Her best work was Secret Six. I really hope she still has the magic with that series and it's not like her bland as hell second run of BoP.

How can you say that when The Circle exists?

How can you say that when The Circle exists?
Hm..I found hew WW very lacking. I'd have to revisit her first arc again. I remember it being better than the nonsense before it from the previous creative team but it's nowhere near Rucka tier WW. And must I point you to her contributions to Sensational Comics?

I liked Gail Simone's Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman, and Red Sonja. Her Batgirl started kind of ehh but from the Night of owls issue on I liked it enough. I have a couple Secret Six but never read them...haha

Nudull

Banned
Interesting news, I'll (hopefully) be getting an interview at one of the local shops in my area, soon. Fingers crossed for me. :)

I've enjoyed the 2 issues of Amazing Spiderman where they've had Ms. Marvel in it, seems pretty funny to have a hero fangirl out over another hero lol

How is her series so far, I want something different to read besides Xmen, Batman, GL and Spider-man and it seems fun

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Guys, I can't wait for Southern Bastards to return. I also can't wait to snatch a fucking Boss BBQ shirt.

Read Image comics

I have to agree that you may have grown past cape comics and should try out some Image stuff, a lot of first volume trades have released recently, unless that's not your thing.

Here's some stuff that's basically always recommended here:
Black Science
Deadly Class
FBP (Vertigo)
Manhattan Projects
Rat Queens
Saga
Sex Criminals
Southern Bastards
Velvet
Zero

Edit: Or look at ViewtifulJC post, he knows whats up

I will look into all of these. Thanks guys!

Nudull

Banned
I've enjoyed the 2 issues of Amazing Spiderman where they've had Ms. Marvel in it, seems pretty funny to have a hero fangirl out over another hero lol

How is her series so far, I want something different to read besides Xmen, Batman, GL and Spider-man and it seems fun

Ms. Marvel is an incredibly well-made series, definitely among Marvel's best books out right now.

I bought more frames.

B0raYh6CAAE_8KN.jpg

B0ra2b7CMAEzdS2.jpg

MG310

Looking good. I'm still slowly accumulating frames from AC Moore for the NYCC stuff since the 1/2 off coupons are only good on one item.

Mat Cutter is getting a workout.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Ms. Marvel is an incredibly well-made series, definitely among Marvel's best books out right now.

Seriously. Even the two Wolverine issues with a guest artist were super dope. It's been consistently great since issue 1. Kind of like Silver Surfer.

frye

It's a v good and competently made series. I like it a bunch and Kamala is a pretty relatable character in some ways as a ~child of immigrants~ myself.

Seriously. Even the two Wolverine issues with a guest artist were super dope. It's been consistently great since issue 1. Kind of like Silver Surfer.

That's what got me even more interested. I really enjoyed Wolverine and the X-men, having the kids fuck about was funny. If it has that kind of charm, i'll be all over it.

Is Gotham Academy sort of like that as well?

If you all know what's good for you you'll vote for Velvet in December. It's the best book of the year.

Definite maybe.

We know Messi is voting for Harley. Rat Queens and Sex Crims need support, too.

Guys, I can't wait for Southern Bastards to return. I also can't wait to snatch a fucking Boss BBQ shirt.

When does it start again? I have the first trade, just need to sit down and read it.

Filthy Slug

Definite maybe.

We know Messi is voting for Harley. Rat Queens and Sex Crims need support, too.

When does it start again? I have the first trade, just need to sit down and read it.
Oh man, I thought it went on Image-break for some reason. New issue next week!

Tizoc

While I liked Multiversity: The Just, the way Offspring was shown to handle the shock of his Girlfriend's death just felt...awkward, left more to be desired.

New Southern Bastards issue got released? I missed that, need to rectify it.

Also Robots in Disguise #34 giving more insight on post 1st Gold Age Cybertron, thought it was a nice touch.
...but man
Prowl whatchu doin' mang...

Wool

Oh, are we not gonna talk about how goddamn COLD that last X-Force was? Just, so fucking cold through and through. All cold all the time. Plus, MORE PAYOFFS, god damn.

I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow.
I wish Nothing Man had joined the team...

Ultima_5

Has there ever been a comic book club on gaf? Like where theres a monthly thread to get people to read an arc or a run or something? I dont do floopies so im always out of the loop here lol. For example i just read all star superman and that would work perfectly.

Plus it would be a great way to introduce new readers

Has there ever been a comic book club on gaf? Like where theres a monthly thread to get people to read an arc or a run or something? I dont do floopies so im always out of the loop here lol. For example i just read all star superman and that would work perfectly.

There was one last year but it didn't really last

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I actually just realized how much I hate comics you guys. God damned filler issues with shit tier stand in artists can eat me. Marvel and DC both get away with so much of this crap.

Cheska

Plus it would be a great way to introduce new readers

With the recent string of comic threads on GAF lately, we may be able to give this another shot.

fertygo

I actually just realized how much I hate comics you guys. God damned filler issues with shit tier stand in artists can eat me. Marvel and DC both get away with so much of this crap.

Can you just check solicit from internet or something?

Btw Avengers/New Avengers "rotation" thing is pretty shit though, and you can't skip most issue.

One more reason to championing Capullo/Gleason.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So with the TV show coming out soon and whatnot, I've been kind of interested in reading some Daredevil stuff.

mob5TJB.jpg

This is the famous Frank Miller run, right? Seems like he wrote more than just this, though.

Anyway, can't seem to find it on instocktrades. Wonder if it's out of print or something.

4sc4xsk.jpg

This seems interesting as well since it was done by Jeph loeb and Tim Sale.

Tizoc

So with the TV show coming out soon and whatnot, I've been kind of interested in reading some Daredevil stuff.

mob5TJB.jpg

This is the famous Frank Miller run, right? Seems like he wrote more than just this, though.

Anyway, can't seem to find it on instocktrades. Wonder if it's out of print or something.

4sc4xsk.jpg

This seems interesting as well since it was done by Jeph loeb and Tim Sale.

Anything Loeb did with Sale is good, mainly since its generally agreed to be 99% Tim Sale and just 1% Loeb :V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom