• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
this Francavilla/Jock Black Mirror print collab is fucking LIFE, man. LOOK AT IT. LOOK AT IT GOOD.

tumblr_ne03t22hlQ1ssmbizo1_1280.jpg

29bo8wm.gif

Zombine

Banned
I own it. I love the whole hour or so I bothered to play. I have Evil Within and Shadows of Morridor as well, but those are both still in the wrapper.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I own it. I love the whole hour or so I bothered to play. I have Evil Within and Shadows of Morridor as well, but those are both still in the wrapper.

I love the franchise and consider the Xenomorphs as the best movie creatures ever created and the game feels so perfectly and direct out of the movies. It painfully reminds me how the whole franchise went to shit with Alien: Ressurection and Alien Vs. Predator.

I hope we get at least some more nice Survival Maps, since it seems like the game bombed hard and we cant expect a sequel...

Since we are talking video games, I just got myself Shadows of Mordor! Haven't played it yet, bout to soon. I'm really excited for it, though I've heard some conflicting things. One of my friends says they are super addicted to it, another says its fun but really repetitive and can't really hold their attention for too long. That should last me till November 18th/21 when I get me some Dragon Age AND Smash Bros. Hopefully nothing good comics wise comes out that week since I won't have any money for it (or the following week really).

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
But then its to late to support Creative Assembly and we will never get a Alien: Isolation 2 :(

Its all your faul again, Kipp!

I will singlehandedly cause the collapse of both the comics AND video game industry.
I will usher in a new era of complete boredom and lack of fun.

Kippseid.png

Zombine

Banned
How do I aquire this beauty?

You don't. It acquires you.

I love the franchise and consider the Xenomorphs as the best movie creatures ever created and the game feels so perfectly and direct out of the movies. It painfully reminds me how the whole franchise went to shit with Alien: Ressurection and Alien Vs. Predator.

I hope we get at least some more nice Survival Maps, since it seems like the game bombed hard and we cant expect a sequel...

The Alien franchise is one of my favorite of all time. I don't like Ressurection, but I love the Human-Alien hybrid. What a misunderstood creature :(

Edit: you know...the reason why it takes me
So long to play games this gen is because a 500gb HD might as well be 30gb, and I love to hoard all my shit on my drive.

Zombine

Banned
Who is on Mondo watch for the next week or so? I'll try, but we need someone to be on guard. Mondo posters seem to go live around 1pm Eastern time.

Got the package yesterday, Ed. That was some inception level shit of packages within packages. I'm not even sure what is real anymore. ;) It did it's job though. It's in perfect condition.

Haha I was trying to make sure it was safe! Good to hear it arrived safely!

Who is on Mondo watch for the next week or so? I'll try, but we need someone to be on guard. Mondo posters seem to go live around 1pm Eastern time.

You know, I live in Austin and could grab some prints for you guys. Any information at what time the show would be?

Zombine

Banned
I also noticed that the prints last days vs hours. I thought they sold out in minutes, but you do have a good few days depending on the character.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
After some bothersome delays my October order is FINALLY HERE.

Got some good reading ahead of me, I can feel it.

It sure took long enough for it to show up! I'm sure your patience will be rewarded though. That looks like a great selection of books.
The Black Beetle in particular is one of my all-time favorites. Enjoy!

Oh I got Moon Knight vol 1 too. It was in the bottom of the box and I missed it.

It looks awesome ._.

Your taste in books are more in line with mine than you could ever believe. Well done.

Cool I'll be sure to ask for your feedback on stuff more :p

The Black Beetle in particular is one of my all-time favorites. Enjoy!

Yahhhhh Francavilla so good. I really do need to buy a print or five of his.

Amazon royally fucked up my order. Not only did I not get It day one, I didn't even get two day shipping.

Amazon dropped the ball and fucked a ton of people on this shipping of this. They didn't offer release date delivery when pre-orders went up, and when it was added didn't automatically add it to orders. Supposedly mine is now coming today, but it's a waiting game with our post office. Who sometimes comes as early as 8 am on saturdays and sometimes as late as 6pm.

Between the printed page and an apple retina display what shows the better image? I just got the new iPad air 2 and I'm reading the first arc of Uncanny Avengers and man Cassady's art really pops. Is it even better on paper or is it actually better on the screen?

Much better on screen. Don't honestly know why people bother with print anymore.

Zombine

Banned
Amazon dropped the ball and fucked a ton of people on this shipping of this. They didn't offer release date delivery when pre-orders went up, and when it was added didn't automatically add it to orders. Supposedly mine is now coming today, but it's a waiting game with our post office. Who sometimes comes as early as 8 am on saturdays and sometimes as late as 6pm.

I get the absolute shit end of the stick when it comes to smalls and UPS. Unfortunately, I live near where some of these dudes end up using as their route home, which means that if its a young dude or someone disgruntled, they wait until around 7pm latest and then head back to work. It's awful. Other days I have people that drop my stuff off around 2pm like clockwork.

Amazon in general does a fucking awful job of making good on their end with two day shipping, though.

Much better on screen. Don't honestly know why people bother with print anymore.

Customer loyalty and routine play a large role in why I still pick up 60% of my books in print. That, and some books I pick up for collection purposes.

Digital is superior in almost every single way though.

kd-z

Wait until you get to the post where they cancel my order.
LOL.
It sucks you won't read it anytime soon. I'll probably get around to it in a week or two and will be posting impressions. You can live vicariously through me.

Replying to old posts feels creepy, but I think I'm gonna keep doing it.

Is the Bayonetta 2 hype for real? I thought Tim didn't play much games anymore and even he bought it.

Finally finished the first trade of Abnett and Lanning's run on Guardians of the Galaxy this afternoon. Completely mental and ridiculously good fun. I love Cosmo and Mantis.

Zombine

Banned
Do you have Amazon Prime? I'm on a free trial right now and I've been getting all media (music / games) I've ordered on release day.

Yup. My relationship with Amazon is touchy. Sometimes they send stuff and I get it on time, sometimes they don't. I always bitch, and they always give me something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom