• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi comic gaf. I'm mainly an OHC hardcover collector but I read a few monthly. Thought I'd drop by and say hi.

Thanks!

I like a wide range of things. Recently picked up Fatale in OHC, since I've liked all the Brubaker I've read. Thinking of getting the Incal books. Really love the DC unwrapped series. I have a large collection of marvel omnibus volumes. I'm actually a pretty easy target for OHCs. So if anyone has recommendations I'm always listening!

Thanks! Batroc kills me.

Agreed. I've recently moved and don't have my stuff all out yet, but here's a bit of my obsession. A lot of my marvel stuff.

Absolutes + OHCs or bust!

I only started collecting very recently but I mainly buy OHCs and Absolutes. The Incal books are great. So are the Blacksad collections. Also, have you seen the two Fear Agent library editions?

Bauhaus

Banned
What are your favourites Halloween Themed covers?

52_25.jpg

Canucked

Absolutes + OHCs or bust!

I only started collecting very recently but I mainly buy OHCs and Absolutes. The Incal books are great. So are the Blacksad collections. Also, have you seen the two Fear Agent library editions?

Yes! Dark Horse collections are beautiful. That paper! That binding!

I haven't read Blacksad though. I've heard about it in passing. I should look into it.

Bii

Awww, come on... We'll have you dropping $300/month on figures in no time. :D

I'm subscribed to that thread and I don't dare to go in there on a regular basis. I have bookmarked a few figures I'm interested in but I need to set up some shelving/space to display them properly. XD

Messi

I'm subscribed to that thread and I don't dare to go in there on a regular basis. I have bookmarked a few figures I'm interested in but I need to set up some shelving/space to display them properly. XD

Check how many posts Freeza has in that thread. They will trap you in there.

Now I'm curious. Which ones are you looking at?

Bii

Now I'm curious. Which ones are you looking at?

Just a small list of figures I intend to (maybe) purchase whenever I feel like pulling the trigger.

Fire Emblem Awakening - Tharja 1/7 Complete Figure
Fire Emblem - Kakusei/Lucina Figma
Excellent Model - Dragon's Crown: Sorceress 1/7 Complete Figure
Nendoroid - Pokemon Trainer Red
Sideshow Collectibles - Daredevil Premium Format Figure
Batman: Black & White Statue - Batman Greg Capullo
Batman: Black & White Statue - Batman Sean Murphy
Batman: Black & White Statue - Batman Jock

I already have these two preordered through amiami though:
Nendoroid - The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker HD: Link
Nendoroid - Metal Gear Solid: Solid Snake

Messi

I just read these one after another:

Zero #11
Velvet #6
Velvet #7
The Fade Out #1
Southern Bastards #4

tumblr_m6cydm203h1ro1veo.gif

Those are some heavy but fantastic books.

I feel like crying

I just read these one after another:

Zero #11
Velvet #6
Velvet #7
The Fade Out #1
Southern Bastards #4

I feel like crying

To end it on Southern Bastards #4, yep.

New Zero was amazing, this title makes me appreciate a new artist every month.

Messi

To end it on Southern Bastards #4, yep.

New Zero was amazing, this title makes me appreciate a new artist every month.

I had intended on reading Wytches and Sabrina after Southern Bastards but I just can't.

The art changing monthly is one of the best parts of Zero.

That was a penis. Unexpected penis at that. Also that relationship is set up to crush our collective hearts when he takes it away from us again.

Zombine

Banned
If you're feeling bummed out by those books, you should definitely read Sabrina to feel better. It's more dark humor than disturbing like Wytches. It was incredibly well written and charming.

Zombine

Banned
Do you guys listen to music when you read comics?

Also, I got an iPad Air instead of Air 2 — even if that is what's hot right now. Saved me about $343 though.

I just kind of do whatever. Tonight I read some books watching Tosh on Comedy Central, but on Wednesday I made something to drink and read some books in my recliner.

I can't have any noise whatsoever if I'm reading. I need perfect silence to be able to focus. It's really annoying.

I wish that was possible where I live.

I just kind of do whatever. Tonight I read some books watching Tosh on Comedy Central, but on Wednesday I made something to drink and read some books in my recliner.

I've been conditioned to turn the TV off when I read.....thanks to some disciplinary parenting growing up.

Bii

Also, I got an iPad Air instead of Air 2 — even if that is what's hot right now. Saved me about $343 though.

As long as it doesn't have any or very minimal lyrics (see: Killer Instinct Season One/Two OST), I don't mind it playing in the background. I don't go out of my way to turn music on though.

Just a small list of figures I intend to (maybe) purchase whenever I feel like pulling the trigger.

Fire Emblem Awakening - Tharja 1/7 Complete Figure
Excellent Model - Dragon's Crown: Sorceress 1/7 Complete Figure

I would pick up these two, soon. Tharja is starting to go out of stock in most places, and Sorceress could be at that point any day. I own both of them, and they're gorgeous figures. I own all three from the MegaHouse Dragon's Crown set and they look great together. Pretty big, too. They really seem closer to 1/6 than 1/7.

I feel like crying

I know. Shows you how mediocre Harley actually is. ;D

Sometimes I'll have the TV on while I'm reading, but I tend not to in most cases. It can be distracting.

last time I read comics with music was Final Crisis #7, the John Williams Superman theme on repeat. The most epic single issue superhero reading experience this side of Flex Mentallo #4, I tell ya.

I never listened to anything with lyrics, tho. I feel I might get distracted and be like A Nigga sky high now like Jesus, man
And oh Lord this reefer so potent
Got an anti gravity, a Nigga stay floatin'
This nigga rob me, bitch you must be jokin'
Like pow pow pow leave your chestplate open

last time I read comics with music was Final Crisis #7, the John Williams Superman theme on repeat. The most epic single issue superhero reading experience this side of Flex Mentallo #4, I tell ya.

I never listened to anything with lyrics, tho. I feel I might get distracted and be like A Nigga sky high now like Jesus, man
And oh Lord this reefer so potent
Got an anti gravity, a Nigga stay floatin'
This nigga rob me, bitch you must be jokin'
Like pow pow pow leave your chestplate open

literally the perfect post

ReiGun

I usually have my TV as background news when I'm reading the funnies.

I've often thought about making a playlist for certain comics I really love, but I never get around to it.

sca2511

I'm thinking about using the Google Play Music All Access, "Relaxing at Home" radio playlists for comic book reading/studying. I just listened to it and it's nice background noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom