• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I just really want this as a poster so I can have it on my wall

all_star_superman.jpg

Maddocks

There has to be at least 1 other batman beyond comic fan in here that can help me, in the latest issue it says series finale. Now does that mean the comic is just going on break and is going to come back and start a new or does that mean the comic is straight ending?

Going through Thor The Mighty Avenger

Gods, this thing is utterly perfect. They should've ditched that shitty movie and adapted this instead. I'd say Hyde is a bad initial villain, but even he beats the crappy mecha they used. Humor, art, pacing, all wonderful.

Messi

There has to be at least 1 other batman beyond comic fan in here that can help me, in the latest issue it says series finale. Now does that mean the comic is just going on break and is going to come back and start a new or does that mean the comic is straight ending?

It was cancelled. Sorry to break the bad news to you.

Wool

I read Multiversity #3 (or the third #1), X-Force #11, and a big chunk of The Incal last night. Each one was better than the last.

Multiversity's art was kind of a letdown, but the story was good and confusing as usual. I thought there were a lot of panels with blank/empty backgrounds. That always seems lazy to me.

X-Force #11 was amazing. Such a big payoff. There have been a couple different small arcs, but the whole book has been building and building off every issue. This is really an amazing run.

The Incal is crazy. It feels like a single page in The Incal has the amount of story content that an entire issue would cover in most modern comics. They'll introduce some ridiculous scenario and it'll get resolved and a new even more ridiculous scenario will come up all in 3 panels. It's a lot to take in. The art is fantastic. I'd really like to get some more Moebius books but I'm not sure how to go about that.

I think I missed Batgirl #35 impressions. Was it good? I could maybe get into that if it isn't too much like that Harley Quinn garbage.

Messi

I read Multiversity #3 (or the third #1), X-Force #11, and a big chunk of The Incal last night. Each one was better than the last.

Multiversity's art was kind of a letdown, but the story was good and confusing as usual. I thought there were a lot of panels with blank/empty backgrounds. That always seems lazy to me.

X-Force #11 was amazing. Such a big payoff. There have been a couple different small arcs, but the whole book has been building and building off every issue. This is really an amazing run.

The Incal is crazy. It feels like a single page in The Incal has the amount of story content that an entire issue would cover in most modern comics. They'll introduce some ridiculous scenario and it'll get resolved and a new even more ridiculous scenario will come up all in 3 panels. It's a lot to take in. The art is fantastic. I'd really like to get some more Moebius books but I'm not sure how to go about that.

I think I missed Batgirl #35 impressions. Was it good? I could maybe get into that if it isn't too much like that Harley Quinn garbage.

You'd hate it

Yup. My relationship with Amazon is touchy. Sometimes they send stuff and I get it on time, sometimes they don't. I always bitch, and they always give me something.

Touchy is a good way to describe how I feel about them and their customer service. I have prime and most the time shit shows up in 2 days, or media shows up on release. Every once and awhile they fuck up bad, like when they lost my Vita that I ordered on black Friday. I paid for next day delivery, and the thing couldn't even be found for over a week, and the whole time dealing with customer service it would be blatant lying promises of "even though it's not showing up on UPS's tracker I promise it'll be there today", or being told to "just deal with it, and if it doesn't show up i'll get a refund, and then I can buy one at full price". Hell I ordered a book a few years ago that kept showing up damaged, because they refused to pack it right. After 3 damaged books I just asked for a return, but no we're sorry lets make sure it gets packaged right or anything like that.

I've noticed everything coming out of their Kentucky warehouse is either packaged like shit, or disappears for a few days.

Owzers

Reading Uncanny X-Men 16, 17, and All New X-Men something on MU, reminds me why i dropped it. Nothing else comes to mind right now for going so long without even trying to tell an interesting story.

Zombine

Banned
I just contacted Amazon Customer Service about how badly they fucked up my shipment for Bayonetta and I asked them one question:

Line in the sand, $5 Amazon Credit or 1 Month Amazon Prime Membership extension?

Card Boy

Banned
I'm confused with this New 52 stuff. I'm into Batman and read all Morrisons stuff incuding Final Crisis. Do i just go to Batman New 52? What does it even mean? The 52nd multiverse? Do we even find out how that happended because i dont recall it in Final Crisis.

I'm confused with this New 52 stuff. I'm into Batman and read all Morrisons stuff incuding Final Crisis. Do i just go to Batman New 52? What does it even mean? The 52nd multiverse? Do we even find out how that happended because i dont recall it in Final Crisis.

New 52 continuity continues directly from Pre-Flashpoint for the Batbooks. Morrison finished the story he was telling in a second volume of Batman Inc. While the other new 52 Batbooks tell new stories, they are connected and impacted by the Morrison stuff.

I recommend Snyder's Batman and Batman & Robin, the latter especially from Requiem (#18 I think?) onwards. The new Detective team is supposed to be good too but the early issues are garbage.

Make sure to grab the Batman Inc. Leviathan Strikes special that closes out Vol. 1 before you move onto Vol. 2.

They call it the New 52 because it launched with 52 #1s in a month, and they try to keep 52 titles in circulation in their main line. It's gotten a little weird with three weeklies at the moment.

If you haven't read ANY New 52, Morrison's Batman concludes in Batman, Inc: Demon Star and Batman, Inc: Gotham's Most Wanted. After that, the story's pretty much over. If you want to continue, Batman (2011, start with The Court of Owls) and Batman & Robin (2011, start with Born to Kill) are generally considered the best ones.

kd-z

I should give classes on how to hold your own in shooters.
I know the feeling. I'm no teh_pwnerer, but sometimes I feel like I should be teaching Online FPS 101. Most people don't have even the most basic instincts. Especially console n00bz

Zombine

Banned
I know the feeling. I'm no teh_pwnerer, but sometimes I feel like I should be teaching Online FPS 101. Most people don't have even the most basic instincts. Especially console n00bz

It's all about zoning, controlling those power weapons, watching that map, and having a good idea of anticipating what your enemy is doing. It's pretty simple, but some people just freak out.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
My strategy in every shooter is to run straight to the action with my short/mid-range weapon and go nuts. I usually only end up with a 1.5-2 KDR, but one of the highest scores since I don't spend any time waiting around. But mainly, it's the most fun for me. I just don't get how people enjoy themselves when they're sitting in a corner waiting for someone to finally walk past just so that they can have a high KDR.

I just realized that Kipp's Ultron looks like Grimlock. More G1 Transformers please.

Ugh. You made me Google Grimlock and now I've got crazy nostalgia going and I want to buy some action figures. Look what you've done.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Come over to FigureGAF. We can help. :D

No can do.
I couldn't even pull the trigger on a $10 Cliff Steele/Robotman action figure a while back when I reeeally wanted to get something from Doom Patrol to put on my shelf.
I'm just not cut out for this kind of thing.

Hi comic gaf. I'm mainly an OHC hardcover collector but I read a few monthly. Thought I'd drop by and say hi.

Welcome! We love everything! Even and especially OHC! But we also hate everything too. Any books in particular you've especially enjoyed given the OHC treatment?

I just contacted Amazon Customer Service about how badly they fucked up my shipment for Bayonetta and I asked them one question:

Line in the sand, $5 Amazon Credit or 1 Month Amazon Prime Membership extension?

When I contacted customer service after talking to 2 people and emailing them, they gave me a 5 dollar credit.

Canucked

Hello, nice to meet you,

Thanks!

Welcome! We love everything! Even and especially OHC! But we also hate everything too. Any books in particular you've especially enjoyed given the OHC treatment?

I like a wide range of things. Recently picked up Fatale in OHC, since I've liked all the Brubaker I've read. Thinking of getting the Incal books. Really love the DC unwrapped series. I have a large collection of marvel omnibus volumes. I'm actually a pretty easy target for OHCs. So if anyone has recommendations I'm always listening!

No can do.
I couldn't even pull the trigger on a $10 Cliff Steele/Robotman action figure a while back when I reeeally wanted to get something from Doom Patrol to put on my shelf.
I'm just not cut out for this kind of thing.

Awww, come on... We'll have you dropping $300/month on figures in no time. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom