• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually have my TV as background news when I'm reading the funnies.

I've often thought about making a playlist for certain comics I really love, but I never get around to it.

Once Hawkeye is complete, I am going to read it again while listening to Fraction and Aja's issue specific unofficial playlists.

Saturday night midnight list

Batman Eternal #30
Harley Quinn Annual #1
Wonder Woman #35
Black Science #10
Low #4
Saga #24
Southern Bastards #5
All-New X-Men #33
Guardians of the Galaxy #20

Yay, new comics list.

BATMAN ETERNAL #30 $2.99
HARLEY QUINN ANNUAL #1 INTERNATIONAL ED $5.99
JUSTICE LEAGUE UNITED ANNUAL #1 $4.99
NEW 52 FUTURES END #26 (WEEKLY) $2.99
WONDER WOMAN #35 $2.99
BLACK SCIENCE #10 (MR) $3.50
SAGA #24 (MR) $2.99
WAYWARD #3 CVR A CUMMING & CAMPBELL (MR) $3.50
RACHEL RISING #29 $3.99

Nudull

Banned
It surprises me that Livejournal comic communities are still going strong, even in the wake of Tumblr.

Anyway, lists~!

All-New X-Men #33
Cartoon Network: Super Secret Crisis War #5
Deathlok #1
Fantastic Four #12
Harley Quinn Annual #1
Mega Man #42
Sonic Boom #1

I'm tempted to buy Sonic Universe #69, just for this cover:
vdnC1kI.jpg

Bii

10/29/14 list

Black Science #10
Low #4
Saga #24

Will probably pick up Deathlok #1 if my LCS has the Skottie Young variant.

Do they have big boobs? If so, hot. If not I'm not sure.

Look up Klan Klan from Macross Frontier. As a Meltradi she is 30+ feet with a ridiculously large anime chest. But not happy with just filling that niche, when she micronizes (read: becomes human sized) she fills your flat chested loli niche. The truest of waifus.

I refuse to join Figure GAF. I won't fall into that trap.

Man, I haven't read Justice League in forever. Except for JL3K.

Perhaps it's time to change that!

Zombine

Banned
JLU is the only Justice League I read, and I'm okay with that. The annual this month makes me feel even better about my choice.

Edit: Oh, no! The Master Emerald!
I'm convinced anyone can get a job writing comics.

JLU is the only Justice League I read, and I'm okay with that. The annual this month makes me feel even better about my choice.

Edit: Oh, no! The Master Emerald!
I'm convinced anyone can get a job writing comics.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn most of today's top writers started out uploading submissions to Fanfiction.net

Also, you better fuckin' respect Master Emerald.

Messi

Batman Eternal #30
Harley Quinn Annual #1
Wonder Woman #35
Black Science #10
Saga #24
Southern Bastards #5
Elektra #7

Dropping Low to trade waiting.

Small week this week.

Zombine

Banned
Batman Eternal #30
Harley Quinn Annual #1
Wonder Woman #35
Black Science #10
Saga #24
Southern Bastards #5
Elektra #7

Dropping Low to trade waiting.

Small week this week.

Quality > quantity. That's one good list. Glad you're back on schedule. Lol

Low is going to hurt my feels so bad this week, because you know the one daughter is
going to end up being an evil concubine.

kd-z

Up: It's Nomura, isn't it? I actually like it. Stays true to the court jester theme.

Guys, I want to read some comics but I have to grasp all this shizz like shell scripts and system calls for tomorrow's Operating Systems laboratory class. It's hard to care about Minix when you have BPRD: Plague of Frogs volume 4 lying on the table :<

CBR: For you She-Hulkers

Speaking of Hulks and also from this past week, Marvel's January 2015 solicitations revealed that "She-Hulk" is ending in that month. There's been a huge outpouring of support for the book, including in our own Brett White's "In Your Face Jam" column, following that news surfacing -- what can you say about the decision to end it that month?

Alonso: All I'll say to those who voiced their support is, we're ending volume one.

Was any of the decision to end it here possibly at least partially a matter of Charles Soule's schedule, given how he's clearly one of the busiest writers in comics?

Alonso: Charles always planned "She-Hulk" as a 12-issue arc, with one long plot running through the background of several short stories. That said, the decision to end this volume of "She-Hulk" is an internal business decision that came down to a number of factors, one of which was Charles' schedule.

She-Hulk.

Vol 2.

February 2015.

Three.

Ninety.

Nine.

For a whole 6 issues! I swear she hulk has had more reboots than any other character. Even alpha flight didn't get this many chances

I dont like how they dont make books with high numbers anymore. But good that it seems like it isnt the end of She-Hulk after all.
I agree. Browsing the MU is depressing these days. You see runs from 60s-90s and then a volume every other year. The high numbers is one thing I miss the most from DC :(

And really it's a myth IMO that people will get confused or not buy new creative shifts unless it's a #1. Morrisons batman run didn't suffer starting without a #1. Hush didn't suffer for not having a #1, etc

Zombine

Banned
I dont like how they dont make books with high numbers anymore. But good that it seems like it isnt the end of She-Hulk after all.

They're trying to approach it like television, while also picking up new readers which don't exist. I don't mind it too much. It's a good way to get someone off a book at their peak vs. letting them stay there and churn out garbage. If I don't like season two, I'll always have season one to look back on.

At least she doesnt look like a juggalo?

In order to look like one of those she would have to be 16 and pregnant.

I hope they find a regular artist for JLU, maybe it's time to reunite the Lemire/Foreman dream team.

That is just raw talent splashed out on a single piece of paper. So damn good.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Read Batman: The Black Mirror. That was fantastic... One of the better Batman stories I've read. Not quite on par with DKR or Year One, but close. So many great moments in these issues. One of my favorites was Dick's escape from the car crusher, with the road runner analogy. It was weird how that arc didn't connect with the overarching story, while the others did (or I missed something). The image of
Barbara on Joker toxin
was scary as hell.

I love how Snyder didn't pull out the usual suspects, but mostly created new villains (and good ones at that). He even
degraded Joker to bait.
I've read some comments complaining about his minor role in this, but that's the point.

I got the first new 52 Batman trades to go along with this, and I'm glad I did. Really like Snyder's style.

ReiGun

DC should do a series with all these Nomura designs. Just because I want to see some poor art team have to draw, ink, and color that shit consistently for 12 or so issues.

Nomura seriously is one of the worst designers/character designers of all time. You can trend the shittyness level of the FF games and their characters with how much influence he had over the game.

The fact that he gets paid is depressing.

Nomura is terrible list.

Batman Eternal #30
Earth 2 World's End #4
Harley Quinn Annual #1
Justice League Dark Annual #2
Justice League United Annual #1
New 52 Futures End #26
Swamp Thing Annual #3
Wonder Woman #35

Bob's Burgers #3

Saga #24

Loke13

Nomura seriously is one of the worst designers/character designers of all time. You can trend the shittyness level of the FF games and their characters with how much influence he had over the game.
You really can't though. The only FF game where he's had a large amount of control over was FF15.

Canucked

I took some advice from this thread and ordered Blacksad this morning. Also ordered the new Locke and Key editions since mine are quite well read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom