• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh wow, Death of the Family was great.

Shit, now I need to get the other Scott Snyder Batman trades.

Cheska

Agreed. I've recently moved and don't have my stuff all out yet, but here's a bit of my obsession. A lot of my marvel stuff.

Yy6FbhYl.jpg
Awesome looking collection! Don't you just love those bookshelves!? They make everything look so neat.

Happy Halloween comic frands have a crappy Ultron
Wooo! Nice pumpkin! I haven't carved a pumpkin in years. I saw a Captain Marvel inspired one, makes me want to go out and get a kit :D
Awww, come on... We'll have you dropping $300/month on figures in no time. :D
Just wait until Sideshow announces a Doom Patrol premium format. Then they'll stop making fun of us Freeza lol.
Do you guys listen to music when you read comics?
Im always listening to podcasts or watching TV when I read.

Oh wow, Death of the Family was great.

Shit, now I need to get the other Scott Snyder Batman trades.
Oh boy, and now you get to move on to Zero Year :)

I've been reading Johns' New 52 runs on Justice League and Aquaman, and as it turns out, the third trades of both series cover the Throne of Atlantis storyline and thus overlap heavily. Justice League contains #13 and 14 and Aquaman contains #0, and they both share JL #15-17 and Aquaman #14-16.

So if I had to get only one, which should it be?

I've been reading Johns' New 52 runs on Justice League and Aquaman, and as it turns out, the third trades of both series cover the Throne of Atlantis storyline and thus overlap heavily. Justice League contains #13 and 14 and Aquaman contains #0, and they both share JL #15-17 and Aquaman #14-16.

So if I had to get only one, which should it be?

Justice League.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
"Batman Vol. 5: Zero Year - Dark City (The New 52) Paperback – May 5, 2015"

"Paperback"

"May 5, 2015"

mthSB5P.gif

GAMEPROFF

Banned
On the german Amazon, not even the first printing of Howard The Duck Omnibus has been outsold, there is always the option to import it from here ;)

It'll get one good run then go OOP again in a month. Does anyone know if it inludes the MAX stuff?

Edit: nope.

Yeah, it's just the original 70s Steve Gerber run, along with those early Man-Thing stories Howard appeared in.

EDIT: The full list of issues included:

Adventures Into Fear #19
Man-Thing #1
Giant-Size Man-Thing #4-5 (Only the extra Howard stories)
Howard the Duck #1-33
Marvel Treasury #12
Howard the Duck Annual #1
Marvel Team-Up #96

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Today is a good day.
Worked this morning, friend at work who also works at Starbucks brought me a bunch of unused coffee grounds (that would usually just get thrown out at the end of the day), went home and made an insanely strong pot of coffee with said grounds which is super delicious--especially on this pleasantly cool day (finally it's not baking hot)--made pumpkin pancakes to go with said coffee, and now I'm browsing ComicsGAF with an entertaining Seattle vs. Carolina football game in the background.
So yeah, good day.

I forgot Bob's Burgers #3. Getting that too.

Aaalmost forgot about the Bob's Burgers comic. That's probably my most anticipated TPB release. So looking forward to reading that.

Just wait until Sideshow announces a Doom Patrol premium format. Then they'll stop making fun of us Freeza lol.

I'm almost certain that I could never ever bring myself to buy a premium format, no matter what it was. I just don't have it in me. Haha

Millaer Sunday

That's so great. The art in Holy Terror is as good as anything Miller ever did. It's a shame the writing was what it was.

I really need to read that again soon.
Perhaps today would be a good day for that.

Can't believe Howard athe Duck omni is coming out this week.....

I'm still undecided on whether or not I'm gonna pick that up.

Zombine

Banned
30 Days of Night has been a shockingly good horror comic. The art is so fitting and dream like, and reminds me of Steve Gammell's drawings from Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark.

Perhaps it's time to change that!

Perhaps not. :p

I think you just summarized one of the many issues with Play Arts Kai.

Everything.

She-Hulk.

Three.

Ninety.

Nine.

Ugh. $3.99 kills it for me.

Nomura did that Harley design? At least she's not covered in belts and zippers

I'm glad they don't let him near Final Fantasy anymore. His clothing designs killed my interest in the series. XV looks rad so far, though.

MG310

I'm pretty indifferent about Nomura. I can't even make belt buckle jokes because Lulu is my favorite one of his and her dress is 40 percent belts and buckles.

arkon

Read Stray Bullets #1 off Comixology for 69p! That was a fucked up first issue but I liked it. Grabbing at least the first trade and probably subscribing to the new series. I can see myself switching to digital for most books if I make that new tablet purchase. Want that HD goodness.

Also guided view on Comixology is cool.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I hope they find a regular artist for JLU, maybe it's time to reunite the Lemire/Foreman dream team.

I'd probably pick up JLU again if the Lemire/Forman teamed up again. Lemire does his best capes work when teamed up with a consistent and great artist, like he did with Sorrentino on Green Arrow.

Yeah, it's just the original 70s Steve Gerber run, along with those early Man-Thing stories Howard appeared in.

EDIT: The full list of issues included:

Adventures Into Fear #19
Man-Thing #1
Giant-Size Man-Thing #4-5 (Only the extra Howard stories)
Howard the Duck #1-33
Marvel Treasury #12
Howard the Duck Annual #1
Marvel Team-Up #96

I think I'm still in for it, regardless. Looks entertaining from the pages I've seen.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just started the second Daredevil by Mark Waid OHC which begins with a Punisher/Spider-Man/Daredevil Crossover.

Oh boy, everytime, he writes Spider-Man it reads like he wants to make it into applications (Is that the correct term for something you make for a company to get a job?) for writing Amazing Spider-Man. The dude is perfect, he nails the funny side of Spidey while doesnt make it awkward...

Words on the last two Issues of Amazing: The Ms. Marvel Team Up was perfect. And the Spider-Girl appearence a bad joke...

Just started the second Daredevil by Mark Waid OHC which begins with a Punisher/Spider-Man/Daredevil Crossover.

Oh boy, everytime, he writes Spider-Man it reads like he wants to make it into applications (Is that the correct term for something you make for a company to get a job?) for writing Amazing Spider-Man. The dude is perfect, he nails the funny side of Spidey while doesnt make it awkward...

Words on the last two Issues of Amazing: The Ms. Marvel Team Up was perfect. And the Spider-Girl appearence a bad joke...

He was one of the BND writers if you want more Waid spidey .pretty good shocker story

That's when Daredevil died for me until the Marvel Now reboot. What pointless and terrible crossover. The Omega Rffect was a fitting title.

A questions for all of you who have read comics for a while. Are there any "big" comics you haven't read at all? Books that usually pop up in the 'my first comic book' recommendation threads, e.g., Sandman or Watchmen or Dark Knight Returns?
Like how Messi hasn't seen Star Wars

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Rafa, why?

A questions for all of you who have read comics for a while. Are there any "big" comics you haven't read at all? Books that usually pop up in the 'my first comic book' recommendation threads, e.g., Sandman or Watchmen or Dark Knight Returns?

I never read anything Superman related beside Death of Superman. And not a single Crisis. And no Kingdome Come :(

Haven't read Watchmen, plan to rectify that soon.

My dad has a copy of The Dark Knight Returns. I tried reading it some months, maybe years, back, but I dropped it, it didn't click for me.

EDIT: Thanks for reminding me, GAMEPROFF, none of the Crisises, no Superman-centric book besides All-Star Superman.

Oh, and I haven't read The Killing Joke.

...Okay, well, I've been in this hobby for two and a half months.

Fintan

The only comics I've read are Ultimate Fantastic Four and Spawn. So I guess I've missed a lot. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom