• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
The Denny O'Neil/Neal Adams Batman was a big influence on Miller as a kid for what it's worth.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hmm. That's definitely worth something. Thanks.
Has anyone here read any of these Neil/Neal stories?

If it makes you feel better, I actually cheer for Barcelona and my beloved Longhorns are historically terrible so yesterday was bad for both of us. Let us drown our sorrows.

Zombine

Banned
real-madrid-dance-party.gif

Damn, twice in one week this is relevant.

PsychBat!

Banned
We were visiting a client on Saturday when I saw the match. Turns out they were watching the match and before I sat down on their couch Real scored the 2nd goal and I fucking cheered when Benz scored the 3rd. Our client was a Barcelona fan.
Luckily, they didn't take it too seriously.

I read the first completed collection of Runaways a couple of weeks ago and overall I felt the story and dialogue was weak only getting slightly good at the end of the arch. It didn't feel like Brian K. Vaughn wrote it compared to what I read of Y the Last Man. Are the other volumes any good?

Nudull

Banned
You know, I was just thinking about an old LCS that used to be right next to my high school. I would go there all the time for Pokemon cards, Heroclix and old 90s comics. Unfortunately, they closed down right before I graduated that same year.

Anyone else have a comic shop that they still miss?

Vibranium

Banned
How about that Velvet guys. Pretty great right?

You fuckers better stop this clasico bullshit :(

Fucking awesome. It should have been an Eisner award winner and really needs a TV show on AMC or HBO or something.

Don't worry about football Messi, there's always comics!

Wool

There is a Howard the Duck Omnibus reprint being released this Wednesday. I've seen people post panels here and there, but is the series good as a whole? If I can get it 50% off I might do it.

Vibranium

Banned
Its 7 issues in and it needs a TV show?

Hey, Rat Queens is getting an animated series, which was announced after like 5 issues. I'm just being wishful :p

I want Bru to have big-time success. Criminal is his best shot at being first, but I love Velvet.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
J
And me craving a reread of that made me crave a reprint of the Miller Daredevil Companion omnibus which contains it.
I really, really, really hope the Netflix TV show convinces Marvel to reprint the Bendis and Brubaker omnibuses as well as the Miller Daredevil Companion omnibus and Elektra omnibus.
Please make my dreams come true and take all of my money, Marvel.

I mean, it's not that far-fetched I don't think. The Alias omnibus got a reprint, arguably because of the Netflix series. I mean, the timing makes it seem a little bit less like a coincidence.
I hope for an Miller Companion Omnibuis Reprint, too. I read Born Again in a german translation some weeks ago and was amazed how good it was.
Beside that, I would rather have an Nocenti Omnibus of DD, since the Bendis and Brubaker Stuff is still avaiable as Complete Collections.
Catwoman jokes aside, her Daredevil Run seems really well recived and those pages ViewtifulJC posted look amazing.

I just started reading some Ultimate universe stuff starting with the Ultimates and now im just starting Ultimate X-Men.

It seems like a world where everything and everyone is edgy, it's still entertaining though, honestly with the way the Ultimate universe treats mutants I would be signing up with Magneto in a heartbeat.

I'm gonna save Ultimate Spiderman for last since I always hear how good that is.

I just started reading some Ultimate universe stuff starting with the Ultimates and now im just starting Ultimate X-Men.

It seems like a world where everything and everyone is edgy, it's still entertaining though, honestly with the way the Ultimate universe treats mutants I would be signing up with Magneto in a heartbeat.

I'm gonna save Ultimate Spiderman for last since I always hear how good that is.

I loved the early ultimate universe stuff but I was never a fan of Ultimate X-Men. I get what Millar was trying to do with the book by having it reflect the modern youth culture of the time though. Ultimates, Ultimate Spider-Man, and the first like 30 issues of Ultimate Fantastic Four were all top notch though.

frye

I hope for an Miller Companion Omnibuis Reprint, too. I read Born Again in a german translation some weeks ago and was amazed how good it was.
Beside that, I would rather have an Nocenti Omnibus of DD, since the Bendis and Brubaker Stuff is still avaiable as Complete Collections.
Catwoman jokes aside, her Daredevil Run seems really well recived and those pages ViewtifulJC posted look amazing.

3 Jacks is a really short backup piece to Daredevil 500, 13 pages. It's also probably the smartest Daredevil comic ever? 2 American bux digitally and I'm almost tempted to recommend buying it for that story alone (it does also have one of my favourite Miller/Janson DD issues - #191 - tho)

Tizoc

What's the name of that comic that takes place in Japan with a girl who has magical girl powers? She meets a cat/fox girl in the first issue.

Prozel

So I finished Scarlet Spider. Great read overall and I liked the sci-fi trips in Minimum Carnage and team up with SpOck.

Fuck, this hobby is becoming expensive.

Already moving on to Annihalation, I've alwaus wanted to read that.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Hey, Rat Queens is getting an animated series, which was announced after like 5 issues. I'm just being wishful :p

I want Bru to have big-time success. Criminal is his best shot at being first, but I love Velvet.

So if Velvet gets a TV show announced itll have issue slippage?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
3 Jacks is a really short backup piece to Daredevil 500, 13 pages. It's also probably the smartest Daredevil comic ever? 2 American bux digitally and I'm almost tempted to recommend buying it for that story alone (it does also have one of my favourite Miller/Janson DD issues - #191 - tho)

Yeah, it seems to be collected in the third Brubaker Daredevil Complete Collection, another reason to start buying all of these :D

I loved the early ultimate universe stuff but I was never a fan of Ultimate X-Men. I get what Millar was trying to do with the book by having it reflect the modern youth culture of the time though. Ultimates, Ultimate Spider-Man, and the first like 30 issues of Ultimate Fantastic Four were all top notch though.

It's interesting reading this stuff with the knowledge of what happens in Ultimatum, were they intentionally trying to sabotage the Ultimate universe with that? wtf was going on there?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It's interesting reading this stuff with the knowledge of what happens in Ultimatum, were they intentionally trying to sabotage the Ultimate universe with that? wtf was going on there?

I always heard complains in the internet that the Ultimate Universe and Earth 616 were to similar, I think, they just wanted to create a big new status quo that should add more differences.And while doing this, accidentially everything turned to shit.

So, only tangently related to comics (and by comics I mean manga (and by manga I mean 20+ year old manga)), but Panini is re-releasing the Dragon Ball Z CCG, a remake of the Score version of the game that ended around 10 years ago. I'm pretty damn excited. The last CCG I played, seriously, was Vs. System (comic themed TCG), so it's stoking those fires once more.

~ ThyComicList ~

DC COMICS:
- BATMAN ETERNAL #30

IDW:
- LITTLE NEMO RETURN TO SLUMBERLAND #2

IMAGE:
- BLACK SCIENCE #10
- LOW #4
- SAGA #24
- SOUTHERN BASTARDS #5

How about that Velvet guys. Pretty great right?

You fuckers better stop this clasico bullshit :(

Whoa, wait a sec...

Velvet is awesome?? I wasn't crazy about the first issue when I picked it up during my summer trip to Boston. I put it on the back burner and kind of forgot about it.

I'm on a bit of a Brubaker noir kick right now and was about to get into the COWARD volume of Criminal.

So Velvet is really that good? Cause maybe I could give the first issue another read and then see how things pan out in the second?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I use this app,, been slacking lately but what are you wondering about?

Can I sync between iPhone and iPad app without paying the Cloudservice sub, or do I still have to pay? I know that when I buy the PC Application, I would get a lifetime membership for free, but I dont know if I really need a Desktop App and it seems that I could edit wrong datas on a Internetbrowser.

And do you know if they were already updated for the iPhones? Planing to buy a new iPhone 6 around christmas, and I am curios if the apps recive updates on a regular basis. Wouldnt be a dealbreaker, but it would be interesting to know^^

Whoa, wait a sec...

Velvet is awesome?? I wasn't crazy about the first issue when I picked it up during my summer trip to Boston. I put it on the back burner and kind of forgot about it.

I'm on a bit of a Brubaker noir kick right now and was about to get into the COWARD volume of Criminal.

So Velvet is really that good? Cause maybe I could give the first issue another read and then see how things pan out in the second?

YES,, yes Velvet is really that good. You should see how things pan out in the next 7 issues.
Its one of the best Image books out,, and that says a lot because they have a ton of very good books right now.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Yeah, it seems to be collected in the third Brubaker Daredevil Complete Collection, another reason to start buying all of these :D

Oh no way! I actually own that collection! And that's the only collection from the Bendis/Brubaker run that I own. Haha
I had ordered Miller's The Man Without Fear for a few dollars used and I got sent that instead, but it was so cheap that I figured I'd just keep it even though I couldn't really read it without the other volumes which I still don't have.

Can I sync between iPhone and iPad app without paying the Cloudservice sub, or do I still have to pay? I know that when I buy the PC Application, I would get a lifetime membership for free, but I dont know if I really need a Desktop App and it seems that I could edit wrong datas on a Internetbrowser.

And do you know if they were already updated for the iPhones? Planing to buy a new iPhone 6 around christmas, and I am curios if the apps recive updates on a regular basis. Wouldnt be a dealbreaker, but it would be interesting to know^^

I only have and Ipad now, used to have an Iphone. But yes you can sync between the two. You just upload to the apps cloud, and youd be able to down load it on a different devise,
Sucks the Andriod app doesn't work the same way for some stupid reason, I emailed them about it they said to keep an eye out it will be like the ios app soon. So I use my iPad to scan comics. Ive been slacking on it a lot lately though,, a lot more convenient to use a smaller devise to scan em.

I don't know about the updates or not,, I would just go to the app store on line and you should be able to see in the details.

But if you are really wanting an app to scan and keep an inventory of your books this is a really good easy app for it,, shows all the cover art and information.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I only have and Ipad now, used to have an Iphone. But yes you can sync between the two. You just upload to the apps cloud, and youd be able to down load it on a different devise,
Sucks the Andriod app doesn't work the same way for some stupid reason, I emailed them about it they said to keep an eye out it will be like the ios app soon. So I use my iPad to scan comics. Ive been slacking on it a lot lately though,, a lot more convenient to use a smaller devise to scan em.

I don't know about the updates or not,, I would just go to the app store on line and you should be able to see in the details.

But if you are really wanting an app to scan and keep an inventory of your books this is a really good easy app for it,, shows all the cover art and information.
Thanks :D Just one more question - Do I need to buy the Barcode scanner App that is offered seperately or has the App the Barcode function build in, too?

Thanks :D Just one more question - Do I need to buy the Barcode scanner App that is offered seperately or has the App the Barcode function build in, too?

I didn't know there is a barcode scanning app.
The app has the barcode scanning built into it,, it just uses the camera on the divice

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I didn't know there is a barcode scanning app.
The app has the barcode scanning built into it,, it just uses the camera on the divice

They have so many different things of their website, that I lost complety the overview. But good to hear, that it seems that I dont have that money to spend as I thought^^

They have so many different things of their website, that I lost complety the overview. But good to hear, that it seems that I dont have that money to spend as I thought^^

Yeah ignore the website and just get the ios app, its a good app,, the best one that ive found. I have tried a few

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I started reading Uncanny X-Force, and I have a question. This is the first time I've read something that involves Apocalypse, so I read up a bit and watched some vids of his history. I don't understand why they chose to resurrect him in child-form. Is it just so they can easily manipulate and mold him from an early age? Also, in the wiki on his previous death: " As the team departs, Apocalypse takes Stryfe as his new host, effectively killing him." He picks a new host, but it kills him?

The art here is incredible, same for the coloring.

Messi

Whoa, wait a sec...

Probably the second best book I've read this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom