• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just finished Brubaker's Winter Soldier complete collection. So good. :O

I really need to pick this up sometime. It seems really cool.

Also, the Comics thread has been slower today than it even was on the weekend. I don't like this. New comics day needs to come and revitalize us.

The standard practice so far has been to release the OHC after the third TPB, right?

I wanna say two TPBs in. Revival, Peter Panzerfaust and Glory were all that way. Lazarus will be as well, I think. Saga is the only one so far to do the first three trades.

Zombine

Banned
The only Image book I can think of with an awful HC release is Walking Dead, because Skybound is banking on those Halloween/Show month dollars.

Messi

The only Image book I can think of with an awful HC release is Walking Dead, because Skybound is banking on those Halloween/Show month dollars.

Those are awful? Was about to start getting them. Not the huge ones just the normal HCs. What's wrong with them.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
The OHC I want the most that's probably least likely to happen is Five Ghosts. I got the first TPB from the library and I enjoyed it SO much. I'm not sure it's popular enough to warrant an OHC though.

Zombine

Banned
Those are awful? Was about to start getting them. Not the huge ones just the normal HCs. What's wrong with them.

No they're good. What's awful is the release schedule. They only come out once a year. I don't know how Walking Dead HC waiters don't get the story spoiled for them ten times over.

They're fine if you just want to read the series. I have the first nine, still need to grab Vol.10. I think what Zombine may be complaining about is the complete lack of bonus content of any kind. No sketches, no one-shot material... What pissed me off was that they didn't include the colored (and completely non-canon) bonus pages from issue #75.

Kirkman really gets the Invincible HV releases so right. I hope all of Rememnders work gets the HC treatment, even though Deadly Class story has gone completely South.

Messi

Issue #135 of The Walking Dead had some Messi moments last week. Quite a few feels as well.

DuncanShirt_original.gif

We don't have to worry about spoilers here as we are generally good about keeping huge stuff spoilered even after the one week courtesy. Like last month's Batman reveal (when can we discuss the fallout of that?)

Black Science and Low are still badass though.

Deadly Class is still Deadly.

Also, the Comics thread has been slower today than it even was on the weekend. I don't like this. New comics day needs to come and revitalize us.

Work, Bayonetta 2, Shadow of Mordor.

You guys, so many Orcs and Angels have died today, SO MANY!!

Also I think I'm creating a monster. I'm slowly getting my GF to be a bit more of a gamer. We played through Rayman Legends together, along with Super Mario 3D World, and tons of more casual stuff like Nintendoland. Tonight while I was killing Orcs she wanted to play a game too. Since she loved the Pikmin stuff in Nintendoland, I set up the off tv play on Pikmin 3. It's like 3 1/3 hours later and she still hasn't put the gamepad down.

Next step is to complete my transformation of turning her into a comic reader. Since she loves the Wizard of Oz I was buying her all the Marvel Oz books and she loved them. Then I got her a Dark Crystal, and Jim Henson's The Storyteller graphic novels. Slowly but surely.

Zombine

Banned
I ordered Death from DCBS. How bad did TFAW rape you on shipping? Their shipping on statues is nutso.

Let me just say that the shipping fees were harder to get in there than Baymax.

Work leaves me too exhausted to do shit. Work, then dinner, then an hour at the gym every day makes me not want to read when I get home. I did have Jalapeño Cheetos and some earl grey tea though.

Messi

Let me just say that the shipping fees were harder to get in there than Baymax.

Work leaves me too exhausted to do shit. Work, then dinner, then an hour at the gym every day makes me not want to read when I get home. I did have Jalapeño Cheetos and some earl grey tea though.

I wish we had cheetos here.

Preach! When do I get to climax with you guys? :(
If you want to do it this weekend we can!
Next step is to complete my transformation of turning her into a comic reader. Since she loves the Wizard of Oz I was buying her all the Marvel Oz books and she loved them. Then I got her a Dark Crystal, and Jim Henson's The Storyteller graphic novels. Slowly but surely.

Lol, I kind of did the same thing with my ex girlfriend. She started borrowing a bunch of my trades and loved them. I was really happy that she liked Morrison's Batman & Robin.

frye

The writer is one of the two who originally launched the book and stuck around until issue 20 when he he left for some other guy and then Tony Bedard took over for a while and now this guy is back

???

e: though tbf, those early Supergirl comics are pretty readable

Looks good, is this a new creative team or just a new "direction" of the series?

The writer is one of the two who originally launched the book and stuck around until issue 20 when he he left for some other guy and then Tony Bedard took over for a while and now this guy is back

???

e: though tbf, those early Supergirl comics are pretty readable
What fry said. A new co writer has joined and here is an interview with her. I like the part which says that she hates when there is a forced love interest drama although I'm not completely sold on this school and scooby gang direction.

Superior Foes of Spider-Man 1-8:
Rereading what I had and picked up the rest of them.
So far? This is REALLY good. Seriously. I can't get enough of these characters.
Man, I wish I had gotten the singles in paper for these rather than digital. Good stuff.

Harley Quinn 1-3:
Way funnier and more interesting than expected. The art is so-so, but the writing and characters makes it perfect. Loving it so far and it'll be my only DC pick-up whenever I catch up.
Seriously, though. I thought you guys were joking when you recommended this.

Also... I need new stuff to read. Any recommendations are totes appreciated.
Currently reading:
Ultimate and Amazing Spider-Man
AXIS and all of the side stories
Loki - Agent of Asgard
Sabrina - The Teenage Witch
Bee and Puppycat
Lumberjanes
Teen Dog
Robocop

Superior Foes of Spider-Man 1-8:
Rereading what I had and picked up the rest of them.
So far? This is REALLY good. Seriously. I can't get enough of these characters.
Man, I wish I had gotten the singles in paper for these rather than digital. Good stuff.

Superior Foes is superior.

Also, as a bonus, the artist, Steve Lieber, is such a nice guy in person who absolutely loved doing the art for the comic.

Unfortunately, it's also been canceled.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Continuing yesterday's Sandman art discussion...

Alex Ross

Mike Mignola

Moebius

I didn't know Moebius was supposed to illustrate one short comic. His failing health didn't allow him to, so Quitely took over.

Its from Endless Nights, the best Sandman book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom