• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Second to Very last issue of Azz's Wonder Woman out today yall. For all its ups and downs, I'm gonna miss this run. Especially with the Finches coming to do Ares knows what to the book.

agreed!

(for those who haven't seen it)

Cee5CG2.jpg

I dig it. Is this a permanent change?

If you want to do it this weekend we can!

I want to climax this weekend too! I don't think I have either of your guys on my Wii U friend's list but maybe, in case I don't what are your names on it.

Mine is either ShinJohnpv or Shin Johnpv

Lol, I kind of did the same thing with my ex girlfriend. She started borrowing a bunch of my trades and loved them. I was really happy that she liked Morrison's Batman & Robin.

I don't have her on cape books just yet, but I do have her watching Gotham, Flash, and Constantine with me.

Dang. Wonder Woman has been a fantastic run, shame to see the team moving on. Any idea what they're doing next?

Personally I think it started off stronger than it finished. Considering they've been telling the same story arc since the day the N52 launched there have been a lot of filler issues. People gave stuff like Doomed, and Rotworld shit for taking so long (and rightly so) and I feel in some ways the WW deserves some of it as well. While yes it's written much better than those 2 story arcs, it's still definitely gone on for way more issues than it should have. It's an arc written for the damn omnibus not the trade. I also think the First Born has been a villain that was hinted at, and introduced with a lot of promise and hasn't fully delivered on it. I feel like he's kind of a shell, not much characterization going on there.

Overall it's been a solid run, I just think it started way stronger than it finished.

Wait, hold up.
I just caught up with New Avengers and Avengers and... I'm so damn lost.
I mean, I got to the part where
Namor went to Doom and begged for help
and then... what?

Why is Captain America old? What happened to the whole "world-colliding" thing?
Where's Iron Man at? Why was there a time-skip? Where's everyone else?
Why is everything so weird with SHIELD and
Susan Storm?
Did I skip stuff by accident?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Personally I think it started off stronger than it finished. Considering they've been telling the same story arc since the day the N52 launched there have been a lot of filler issues. People gave stuff like Doomed, and Rotworld shit for taking so long (and rightly so) and I feel in some ways the WW deserves some of it as well. While yes it's written much better than those 2 story arcs, it's still definitely gone on for way more issues than it should have. It's an arc written for the damn omnibus not the trade. I also think the First Born has been a villain that was hinted at, and introduced with a lot of promise and hasn't fully delivered on it. I feel like he's kind of a shell, not much characterization going on there.

Overall it's been a solid run, I just think it started way stronger than it finished.

I agree with you 100%

There were Issues that were set 8 months in the future, I didnt read them but I think thats what you are speaking about.
So... there's no point in reading them yet? Or should I read other stuff instead?
This is so confusing. Like, where does AXIS stand in the timeline?
This happened in Remender's Captain America. The Iron Nail (former SHIELD agent Ran Shen) removed the Super Soldier Serum from his blood.
So... Do I have to read other stuff to understand all this junk? :/

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Well, its a shared Universe, so yes. If you want to know every detail, you have to read everything, but I think that the importanst thing is, that you must know that Cap is now old.

So... there's no point in reading them yet? Or should I read other stuff instead?

Meh, if you want to read the story. I wouldn't go out of your way to do so unless you're a big Captain America fan.

It wasn't a bad run, but that's the major takeaway from it, Steve Rogers has aged and Sam Wilson (The Falcon) has taken the shield and title of Captain America.

But no, it doesn't have anything to do with the incursions and time jump and stuff.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Of course you don't have to be reading everything. Unless you're rich.

And yeah, AXIS is ... confusing is perhaps not the right word, but it feels like there are a few too many universe-ending threats at the same time. But take a step back - the universe isn't real, it's writers telling stories. If you consider each writer's work it's own 'novel' then it makes it a bit easier to follow. Stay on the Hickman novel, don't worry about everything else.

Cap's old, the universes are still colliding, story is still going. Hickman will explain what's happened in the time jump.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is Daniel Ways Ghost Rider good? Looked into a couple of preview pages a few days ago when his run was on sale, but forget to buy an Issue.

Chorazin

I was confused as hell about Cap being old too, I figured it was just a shitty job by the artist. :( A blurb about that somewhere in the story would have been nice!

Its the run which is placed during the events of Fear Itself, am I right? With the female Ghost Rider?
Or are you talking about All New Ghostrider?

Speaking of Ghost Rider, anyone else losing interest in All New Ghost Rider? The "reveal" of who the Car Ghost Rider was was kinda lame, and him being able to get the best of Morocycle Ghost Rider felt so forced. The art is still redonculous though, so that's a saving grace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom