• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fauxtrot

Banned
Well. Both of the Marvel movie threads didn't even make it past the first page before the DC shit talking started. I'm convinced some people would cheer lead literally anything. Marvel could announce they are going to shit in fans mouths and they'd eat it up.

I think you'd be surprised to see that people just want good popcorn movies and Marvel is on a roll.. even though their movies aren't great, they're much better than your typical summer blockbuster. If BvS, Suicide Squad, and most of the other DC movies are able to provide a similar amount of enjoyment, people will be just as excited for those franchises.

ElNarez

Banned
I was seriously disappointed in Guardians, plus the Edgar Wright thing, and I have no goddamn idea how people get this excited over titles and dates without anything about who's making the dang things. Just give me a fucking name for me to get crazy over, like I'm doing with the GOD DAMN DAVID AYER SUICIDE SQUAD MOVIE. That's a proposition for a movie, not just an Intellectual Property.

Well. Both of the Marvel movie threads didn't even make it past the first page before the DC shit talking started. I'm convinced some people would cheer lead literally anything. Marvel could announce they are going to shit in fans mouths and they'd eat it up.

Once DC has some hits they'll calm down. DC has no proven DC universe films yet.

They all talk!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Damn.. DCBS also has BATMAN BLACK & WHITE STATUE MIKE MIGNOLA VARIANT for $64.99.. good price....
decisions.

Oof. I want this, but I also don't want to spend $65 on a statue.

Today's my birthday. Gonna have to buy some American comics to celebrate.

Happy birthday, my fellow future comics superstar!

Happy birthday, man!
Stealing my spotlight, eh?

And happy birthday to you, too!

Stray Bullets v1: Innocence of Nihilism TPB ($19.99), collects #1-7, comes out in the shops this week, pls buy

ok back to bayo

I think I might pick this up. I trust your hype.

Also, speaking of IST, I need to add $30 to my order to make $50 and I can't decide if I want the Howard the Duck omnibus or other stuff...

Cheska

Captain Marvel movie!!!! :O

Happy birthday Rafa and Baron :D Rafa, I hope you get all the One Piece figures that you want! ^_^

MattyG

Banned
I just posted this in the Marvel phase 3 thread, but was pointed here.

I've never really read comics before, but I really want to start after all this news. What should I read? Are there any big collections I can get? Because I'd rather not deal with a ton of individual issues, although I don't mind buying them either.

Messi

I just posted this in the Marvel phase 3 thread, but was pointed here.

I've never really read comics before, but I really want to start after all this news. What should I read? Are there any big collections I can get? Because I'd rather not deal with a ton of individual issues, although I don't mind buying them either.

Any there any characters in particular that you like? because there are LOTS of comics.

Captain Marvel movie!!!! :O

Happy birthday Rafa and Baron :D Rafa, I hope you get all the One Piece figures that you want! ^_^
I'm really trying to get this Hajime No Ippo bundle from Amazon Japan. I think they are going to deny it though like my Major order, they said it was too big. I told those brahs to just split the shipment up and I'll pay them money's. If I get somebody to ship it for me from Japan it will be like $250 bucks. My One Piece figs all got delayed until November.

I decided not to bite on the Manhattan Projects HC yet. I thought it was yhree trades, but it's just two.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yup, it's time for me to make the "New to Comics?" post. Might as well
Finish it up.

I still think we all should make one about our favourite characters. I would volunteer for a Spider-Man Post.... Since my holidays are over and I am about to move in a new flat, I would need a lot of time, but I would at least try to do it.

Messi

I still think we all should make one about our favourite characters. I would volunteer for a Spider-Man Post.... Since my holidays are over and I am about to move in a new flat, I would need a lot of time, but I would at least try to do it.

Just list all the Miles stories and Superior and you are done.

MattyG

Banned
Any there any characters in particular that you like? because there are LOTS of comics.
I really like Captain America (the only issues I own are Cap stories), and I want to read some Black Panther to find out why everyone is so excited for the movie.

Edit: Oh, and I've always liked the Hulk too.

I really like Captain America (the only issues I own are Cap stories), and I want to read some Black Panther to find out why everyone is so excited for the movie.

Edit: Oh, and I've always liked the Hulk too.

Read Captain America by Ed Brubaker. It's the definitive modern run for the character.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just list all the Miles stories and Superior and you are done.

I cant say something about Miles - Would maybe need a little help here, I dropped the book after Peter "died" and focused after this on completing of my Amazing Collection. I finally got around today to fill the gaps and own now everything from the last 13 years, finishing my Ultimate Collection will be my next goal.

But I would try to give SpOck a fair read. You all know that I really dont like him, but I have to acknowledge, that very much people liked the book.

Boogiepop

I'm really trying to get this Hajime No Ippo bundle from Amazon Japan. I think they are going to deny it though like my Major order, they said it was too big. I told those brahs to just split the shipment up and I'll pay them money's. If I get somebody to ship it for me from Japan it will be like $250 bucks. My One Piece figs all got delayed until November.

I decided not to bite on the Manhattan Projects HC yet. I thought it was yhree trades, but it's just two.

Are you talking trying to send one of the secondhand manga bundles through a forwarding service or something? Hajime no Ippo is one I've had my eye on for a while, but it's definitely a little tricky since there's no nice sets/boxes like JoJo's that can be shipped directly. If that is what you're talking about and you manage to sort something out, let me know, because that's pretty much top of my hit list for import stuff.

Edit: And of course, happy birthday!

fauxtrot

Banned
lol, this dude is hilariously off. It is like he started reading comics only recently.

"Nesotenso" looks an awful lot like "Nocenti"... plus the Messi hate? Guys, I think we just found our first secret comics superstar account!

But seriously, it's Messi bro... don't fuck with our mascot.

Oof. I want this, but I also don't want to spend $65 on a statue.

This is the most ridiculous post I've ever read

i've spent so much money on statues. I've spent like $100 on a statue I didn't really like just to have the full set

Basically in my eyes you are a real monster

Wow I missed some news I guess.

Kinda excited but I've never understood the love for Captain Marvel...and I've tried. I read the whole last volume of it but it never clicked. One issue into the new run and I was done. I'm sure it'll be a fun take, though. I'm a sucker for MCU.

Finally read Superior Foes 16. Even in a villains book, Tony Stark is king of the assholes
Give me a Mach V book after this wraps, Marvel

fauxtrot

Banned
there is not liking the same thing and then there is being way off the mark.

giphy.gif

Your opinion isn't more valid than someone elses, homie.

Wow I missed some news I guess.

Kinda excited but I've never understood the love for Captain Marvel...and I've tried. I read the whole last volume of it but it never clicked. One issue into the new run and I was done. I'm sure it'll be a fun take, though. I'm a sucker for MCU.

She's a character with potential that hasn't been explored in the comics as yet. Marvel keeps trying but they can't seem to catch fire with Carol. Letting a movie explore and expand her further could do great things for her character overall.

This is great, but I was just about to buy the first book. I guess I should wait until there's a new collection ._.

Oh fuck me Black Panther too?? FUCK YEAH

Now we're in business...please please please don't fuck up Wakanda

She's a character with potential that hasn't been explored in the comics as yet. Marvel keeps trying but they can't seem to catch fire with Carol. Letting a movie explore and expand her further could do great things for her character overall.

I agree with what you're saying here, that character is all untapped potential. Her origin is cool, her powers are cool, they just need to figure out where she fits

fauxtrot

Banned
I still hope Pixar or that other Disney animated studio gets the chance to do a Marvel movie (other than Big Hero 6, which is pretty obscure)... Ms. Marvel or the Runaways would be so dope. Even as a PG movie, as long as it's one of those ones that has its fair share of adult-centric jokes that fly over the youngsters' heads.

I still hope Pixar or that other Disney animated studio gets the chance to do a Marvel movie (other than Big Hero 6)... Ms. Marvel or the Runaways would be so dope. Even as a PG movie, as long as it's one of those ones that has its fair share of adult-centric jokes that fly over the youngsters' heads.

I would kill for a Brad Bird directed animated Runaways. I'd let the whole Incredibles sequel go if we could have that instead

That's just crazy talk. Everyone clamoring for the Incredibles sequel would destroy you.

I have been clamoring for the Incredibles sequel for years. I'd so much rather see him in a new playground than an old one he seems reluctant to revisit.

I am ready for the hate. I embrace it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom