• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyG

Banned
Read Captain America by Ed Brubaker. It's the definitive modern run for the character.
I just went to my local comics store to look for this. They didn't have it, but they had Brubaker's Winter Soldier (which is a follow-up to his Captain America run I guess?) I got that to hold me over until I can find the run you're talking about. Can't wait to get started!

XyleKU2.jpg

Sorry if that pic is too big guys, I can take it out if so.

Nesotenso

This doesn't apply to Messi but there is absolutely nothing wrong with someone who has started to read comics recently and offering their opinion.

definitely.
definitely nothing wrong about telling that someone is wrong. Loads of Spidey comics over the years and you go with the Morales and Superior stories?

I just went to my local comics store to look for this. They didn't have it, but they had Brubaker's Winter Soldier (which is a follow-up to his Captain America run I guess?) I got that to hold me over until I can find the run you're talking about. Can't wait to get started!

I just finished Winter Soldier last night. Fucking amazing.

fauxtrot

Banned
definitely.
definitely nothing wrong about telling that someone is wrong. Loads of Spidey comics over the years and you go with the Morales and Superior stories?

The point is that we try to be the exception to the rule regarding online comic book communities... there's nothing wrong with telling someone you disagree with them, but you went about it by implying that his opinion isn't valid because they haven't read comics as long as you. That's the kind of stereotypical comic-book-nerd stuff we try to keep out of this community.

Nesotenso

fauxtrot
Proud member of the Messi Defence Force

should have capped it off with a gif.

makes it more emphatic..

don't leave Messi dude. I take comfort in the fact that everyone here knows your Spidey suggestions are way off the mark and that no one takes them seriously.

Good to hear! Did you read the Captain America series that preceeded it first? I'm hoping I can just jump into this with no problems.

Yeah, this is pretty much a standalone series. As long as you know the basics of who Bucky is, you're fine. If not, a quick trip to Wikipedia will remedy that.

Messi

should have capped it off with a gif.

makes it more emphatic..

don't leave Messi dude. I take comfort in the fact that everyone here knows your Spidey suggestions are way off the mark and that no one takes them seriously.

Why would I leave? if I did this place would go back to being a page two minnow.

Zombine

Banned
No it's not a fight. It's drive by shitposting by the types of people we don't welcome here. This isn't fucking CBR forums, we're trying to accomplish something different, and there is no room for attacking a person over their preference.

There's room for fandom of every book here, and it's not up to one person to tell a member of our community that their opinion is invalid.

Fucking hell.

Messi

No it's not a fight. It's drive by shitposting by the types of people we don't welcome here. This isn't fucking CBR forums, we're trying to accomplish something different, and there is no room for attacking a person over their preference.

There's room for fandom of every book here, and it's not up to one person to tell a member of our community that their opinion is invalid.

Fucking hell.

tumblr_ln1j3e35GK1qg6sml.gif

MG310

Can't we just save all this tension for the monthly Quitely Battle Royale?

I need to pick this up soon...maybe Constantine too since I only have the not so great DCUC one. I've never been a big fan of the Perez costume but this is a nice compromise between that and the magician one.

10422358_10154771486385051_4675949412668380196_n.jpg

Ultima_5

Sorry if that pic is too big guys, I can take it out if so.

You should check out instocktrades if you're looking for collections. they're 42% off for the most part and if you get over $50 an order the shipping is free

ReAxion

Fucking hell.

This.

fertygo

Some of those Messi's post does came of like drive-by post though lol, the differences is just he regular in here..and at this point we shouldn't thinking too much into that.

Messi

Some of those Messi's post does came of like drive-by post though lol, the differences is just he regular in here..and at this point we shouldn't thinking too much into that.

I hope none of you take anything I say seriously. Enjoy what you enjoy, I will enjoy what I enjoy. Comics...fucking hell

edit: Can it be drive by posting if you never leave?

I posted this in the movie thread but it got lost in the hype lol, this might be better to ask, In regards to the comics, would the current Avengers run by Jonathan Hickman be the best read in regards to what they are (or might be) basing these new films on? I'm still new to comics (particularly Marvel).. but I'd love to get into an Avengers run.

Hey guys, does anyone know what the deal is with the DC Cover Girls Death statue reissue? I could swear I saw it on Diamond's list for this week, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore.

I posted this in the movie thread but it got lost in the hype lol, this might be better to ask, In regards to the comics, would the current Avengers run by Jonathan Hickman be the best read in regards to what they are (or might be) basing these new films on? I'm still new to comics (particularly Marvel).. but I'd love to get into an Avengers run.

Try infinity gauntlet

Zombine

Banned
I just got my IST package and I haven't even opened it. What do you call a back catalogue that is still in the shipping box?

Hey guys, does anyone know what the deal is with the DC Cover Girls Death statue reissue? I could swear I saw it on Diamond's list for this week, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore.

I don't know if I can handle it if it gets delayed. I need it. My week has been awful so far and this would make it better.

MattyG

Banned
yup and they have the best packaging that i've ever seen.
Well that's good to know for future reference. Everything at my local store is cover price, so it was going to be like $30 a pop for collections. I'm fine with overpaying this time I guess, since I got it then and there, but I have a feeling it'll be a while before I need to go back in there.

To whoever is making the new comics post, do list a one-month Marvel Unlimited subscription and Local Libraries as very good options. A lot of people seem to be put off by the seemingly high cost of entry for runs/collections/omnibuses.

I just got my IST package and I haven't even opened it. What do you call a back catalogue that is still in the shipping box?

I don't know if I can handle it if it gets delayed. I need it. My week has been awful so far and this would make it better.

The SteamEffect™.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom