• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the panel where
Alfred and Bruce made jokes with one another was foreshadowing the Joker's return.
The last page was unexpected for me though, because I didn't think
he'd return so soon, or at least not in this story.

I know Snyder
teased a follow-up to DotF at C2E2 2014, with a Joker who just wants to bury Batman.
Knowing Endgame is going to be that story is pure hype.

How many issues is Endgame?

6 oversized issues with the rest being 3.99. It's gonna be awesome!

Any Klarion impressions?

Trevor McCarthy was at his absolute best. It's a beautiful book, on another level. DC is doing great things in the art department at the moment. Every new title has its own identity and this book is no different. Batgirl #35, Gotham Academy and Klarion are setting a new standard for DC books. The writing wasn't too bad, I need to read it again though, because the weirdness was a little too much for me to cope with right now. It's the kind of weird that I'd want in a Klarion book though. I think I'm going to stick with it.

tim1138

Trevor McCarthy was at his absolute best. It's a beautiful book, on another level. DC is doing great things in the art department at the moment. Every new title has its own identity and this book is no different. Batgirl #35, Gotham Academy and Klarion are setting a new standard for DC books. The writing wasn't too bad, I need to read it again though, because the weirdness was a little too much for me to cope with right now. I think I'm going to stick with it.

Right? It was a really weird book, but not poorly wriiten. Just way out there.

VeeP

Man, that Futures End tease at the end of the new 52 books has me excited.

Terry vs Bruce

Return of Superman

Human Frankenstein?

Batman/Joker Hybrid, wtf

Superman & Shazam Team Up

Bruce's Death? & Tim taking up the mantle of Batman?

I wonder what long lasting effects Futures End will have on the New 52?

Right? It was a really weird book, but not poorly wriiten. Just way out there.

Yep, I'm with you on that. If I had more sleep and a more focused mind, I'd be able to take more of it in. I'm surprised to be honest, I had such low expectations of Nocenti based on these threads.

tim1138

Yep, I'm with you on that. If I had more sleep and a more focused mind, I'd be able to take more of it in. I'm surprised to be honest, I had such low expectations of Nocenti based on these threads.

Hell, it's worth a reread just for the art.
It was nice to buy three DC books this week and for them all to have distinct looks both in the pencils and coloring.

Man, that Futures End tease at the end of the new 52 books has me excited.

Terry vs Bruce

Return of Superman

Human Frankenstein?

Batman/Joker Hybrid, wtf

Superman & Shazam Team Up

Bruce's Death? & Tim taking up the mantle of Batman?

I wonder what long lasting effects Futures End will have on the New 52?

Wow,,, That's a lot going on.. Very curious.
Anyone know when the first TPB/HC of Futures End is coming out?

I hope it means DC is moving away from a house style.

YOU DONE FUCKED UP NOW.

JLU finally hit some of those fun adventure book beats I've been waiting for since the first issue. Miyahbin's origin and powers were a cool riff on
Shazam
and GrandHarrier will be thrilled with
Mon-El
showing up on the last page. I hope Timothy Green is the new regular artist, stylistically he feels like a good fit for the book.

HYPE.

My store sold out of Klarion.

This depresses me

Please.

Why...

Don't reward her.

3816983-6290346110-26293.gif

Messi

Catwoman had that weirdness for no fucking reason. Remember the underground stairmaze with Catwoman riding a horse that is wearing a gasmask?

Is house style not the correct term?

Lol, no. It is. Filthy Slug is commenting on my personal appreciation for the more traditional, clean, super hero styles. Some of the weirder, more eccentric styles, just ruin a book for me. I can get behind something like Gotham Academy, but not the stuff Ian Bertram hoodwinks people into believing is art, as an example.

Lol, no. It is. Filthy Slug is commenting on my personal appreciation for the more traditional, clean, super hero styles. Some of the weirder, more eccentric styles, just ruin a book for me. I can get behind something like Gotham Academy, but not the stuff Ian Bertram hoodwinks people into believing is art, as an example.

Haha, okay, so we're cool?

What is that? Kill it with fire! That's on the same level as Captain Marvel's art. I still don't understand what happened there. I'm not a fan of overly eccentric art styles either, I don't want too many books adopting that kind of approach. I just want more books like Batgirl #35, Gotham Academy and Klarion, house style probably was the wrong term. Who are your favourite artists?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I've got a friend who doesn't like spice on her food of any kind, so she ends up eating a lot of plain bread and pasta.

Gawge

Thoughts on Wytches?

Very scary in parts, and the art is great. Not COMPLETELY sold on the characters yet, but think this could be very good.

I finally read Godhead 1 today, and the lanterns lost their rings way, way too easily. If that's your opening salvo, how the fuck are the lanterns supposed to fight against the New Gods. Also it's been a year since Kyle left the other Lanterns to think he was dead, and that he and Carol of been off with the space hippie Guardians.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I finally read Godhead 1 today, and the lanterns lost their rings way, way too easily. If that's your opening salvo, how the fuck are the lanterns supposed to fight against the New Gods. Also it's been a year since Kyle left the other Lanterns to think he was dead, and that he and Carol of been off with the space hippie Guardians.

I'm okay with most people losing their rings, but Larfleeze?

Seriously?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
My first order of comics business was to catch up with Azzarello and Chiang's Wonder Woman and boy howdy the back half of that book certainly is a lot dumber than the taut first half. The First Born is a really stupid villain and some of the nonsense being concocted to assure all of the characters are in the same place at the same time defies even Comic Book Logic™. The book looks good and it's fun at least.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
He's already got two Marvel books coming out, a couple of X-Men annuals with Bendis I believe.

I knew about one Marvel book, but damn, two? And Bendis X-men? Dude is a fucking gem, so as long as we get more art out of him, and it ain't Ghost Rider, I'll be happy.

Also, I keep checking for Travel Foreman updates.

Mike Marts and Katie Kubert are gone, it was never a house style, it was their style.

A house style implies competence across the line, which DC can not claim.

Anyway, one page into Axis and Remender is already building upon his Avengers Banter gains in the last Cap.

He's going to be a great successor to Hickman.

Cheska

Man I'd love to pick up Wytches but Im a chicken shit and have no interest in anything horror related. But I like Snyder and Jock. My worry is that I'll read it and end up not appreciating it because those elements don't appeal to me. Not comic related, but that's probably the reason I don't like The Last of Us as much.

Messi

Yes and no. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but while Wonder Woman does appear in the story
it's not Wonder Woman who appears in the story.
When you see it that might make sense.

Wait... What. Did I misunderstand it? I thought
He was controlling them . or was that him changing from person to person at the end. Wut

Or is that why Bruce says they are slower than usual because it's not them.

I'm so dumb sometimes

fertygo

Are they serious with this "belt" thing that on every page of AXIS?
What the fuck Marvel?

EDIT: Seem like only for first few page, outraged too early.. still hate the shit.

Deadly

When does Axis even take place? You've got Thor using an axe, depowered Steve Rogers and Iron Man friendly with the bunch.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom