• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElNarez

Banned
I think I'm supposed to like Klarion, because, hey, it's a weird book about WIZARDS fighting TECHNO-GOTHS with metaphors and shit but god damn. It's unreadable. Literally. As in, the combination of Nocenti's disjointed prose with McCarthy's weird JH Williams III inspired layouts means I was all kinds of confused regarding what happened in the issue. I don't even think it was that bad. Just very incoherent.

Batgirl however had everything I liked and then some and I love it so much you guys it had capes and friendship and bisexuals and hashtags and one of those crazy spreads where people walk around a single room looking for clues like what McKelvie sometimes did in Young Avengers. IT WAS GREAT.

Messi

I think I'm supposed to like Klarion, because, hey, it's a weird book about WIZARDS fighting TECHNO-GOTHS with metaphors and shit but god damn. It's unreadable. Literally. As in, the combination of Nocenti's disjointed prose with McCarthy's weird JH Williams III inspired layouts means I was all kinds of confused regarding what happened in the issue. I don't even think it was that bad. Just very incoherent.

Batgirl however had everything I liked and then some and I love it so much you guys it had capes and friendship and bisexuals and hashtags and one of those crazy spreads where people walk around a single room looking for clues like what McKelvie sometimes did in Young Avengers. IT WAS GREAT.

I agree with this if you are being serious. I really liked it. Not as much as Gotham Academy but still liked it. But I am fairly sure you aren't being serious :/

Could've done without the hashtags though

Sothpaw

What is the best device for reading digital comics? I am about to get into comixology today, and am looking to purchase a new reader. I currently own the latest Kindle Fire HD. Is for example an iPad or a Samsung tablet much better?

ElNarez

Banned
I agree with this if you are being serious. I really liked it. Not as much as Gotham Academy but still liked it. But I am fairly sure you aren't being serious :/

Could've done without the hashtags though

I am always stone cold serious. My word is BOND.

Words on SIXIS now: Loved how the comic kept repeating via a nice big pattern that the name of the comic I was reading was SIXIS. I almost forgot that was what I was reading until I looked at a border and it was like "Whoa, yeah, right, this is the comic I am reading". Good job, Marvel. Good job.

Mindwipe

What is the best device for reading digital comics? I am about to get into comixology today, and am looking to purchase a new reader. I currently own the latest Kindle Fire HD. Is for example an iPad or a Samsung tablet much better?

Ideally you want slightly larger tablet I suspect. The iPad Air is fine. There's a new larger Nexus coming shortly that is probably going to be a decent shout too.

But you don't have much to lose just trying stuff out on your KF and see how you get on. I do most of my reading on a 7 inch tablet for portability reasons.

Mindwipe

This is becoming such an overused trope...
I really don't get "lets get multiverse characters of other continuities we're not doing much with and murder them."

In ten years time you might want them for something, and then you're just going to bullshit your way out of them being from a "very similar but unrelated universe" anyway, so where's the impact?

To be honest I'm not that much of a fan of different continuities interacting period.

If you're Tosh.0

no joke, that page kinda put me off the comic.

stuff like that's fun to joke about on message boards but it's hella goofy when it's in promotional stuff and the book itself

No_Fun_Allowed.png

Guys... embrace the lulz

Wait... What. Did I misunderstand it? I thought
He was controlling them . or was that him changing from person to person at the end. Wut

Or is that why Bruce says they are slower than usual because it's not them.

I'm so dumb sometimes
Not really getting what I meant by that I guess.
It's not Wonder Woman he's interacting with in this story, but an assassin wearing Wonder Woman's form instead. Whether that means she's being influenced by Joker, or he's somehow taken over her mind, OR that there's no Joker at all and this is an elaborate delusion brought on by fear gas (making this a Scarecrow story with a Joker misdirection), the fact remains that it's not really her.
So on that level it's a little disappointing.

EDIT: Perils of phone posting.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Man, Ennis/Dillon Punisher is why I love comics. Reading that Punisher run just makes me happy.

Not really getting what I meant by that I guess.
It's not Wonder Woman he's interacting with in this story, but an assassin wearing Wonder Woman's form instead. Whether that means she's being influenced by Joker, or he's somehow taken over her mind, OR that there's no Joker at all and this is an elaborate delusion brought on by fear gas (making this a Scarecrow story with a Joker misdirection), the fact remains that it's not really her.
So on that level it's a little disappointing.

EDIT: Perils of phone posting.

how are you getting that from what we saw so far?

i feel like I missed a big thing then, other than
the obvious JL(real members) have been somehow affected by the joker. But nothing about how it's not really her.

also I must have missed the part where he put that bind of veils on her unless it specifically was obtuse about it's use. I just saw her chop his arm off and then next panel she's got a silver lasso on?

Messi

how are you getting that from what we saw so far?

i feel like I missed a big thing then, other than
the obvious JL(real members) have been somehow affected by the joker. But nothing about how it's not really her.

also I must have missed the part where he put that bind of veils on her unless it specifically was obtuse about it's use. I just saw her chop his arm off and then next panel she's got a silver lasso on?

I was also wondering about the arm getting chopped off and the bind of veils. That section was super confusing. What happened the arm?

How do I get the SIXIS banners above and below all of the posts in here? It's the design choice of the year.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Marvel is really proud of the SIXIS logo

I laughed out loud when I saw the interiors

omg WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT?? It's hideous! Just flipped through it wtf.

Anyway, Batgirl.. thems a lot of words. But actually this was a damn good comic. Girly hijinx with awesome art (srsly how hot is Babs) and a good ear for dialogue. Great stuff, will totally have to get the trade for the mrs when it's out, she'll love it.

Dalek

Batman was insane. So fucking good. That ending is chilling. HOW?

I feel like I've missed something too-maybe because I only read the core Batman title,
Why was Bruce in a room with Court of Owls stuff with Julia Remarque? Is this Batman Eternal related?

My shop actually ran out of Batgirl. There was only a three or four variants left on the rack and it was one they were selling for like $20.

Oof. My shop will probably run out soon, there weren't a whole lot there when I went, and the shop had only been open for a half hour. Hella lot of Wytches and Evil Ernie, tho. The importance of pre-ordering.

Oof. My shop will probably run out soon, there weren't a whole lot there when I went, and the shop had only been open for a half hour. Hella lot of Wytches and Evil Ernie, tho. The importance of pre-ordering.

Is it called pre-ordering when we're talking about comics? I just refer to it as pulling.

Is it called pre-ordering when we're talking about comics? I just refer to it as pulling.

Usually for new books and runs, yeah. Creators I follow always talk about how important it is so shops can order more copies. I always thought of pulling as the shops regularly setting aside certain books for you.

Am I the only one interested to see if Archie Comics can pull of the Dark Circle thing? Breaking into the superhero space must be a hellish endeavor.

That Shield costume is sexy though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom